WFAN : JOE BENIGNO SHOW - he said " WEEK 1 AT NASHVILLE , . . . ~ ~ ~

kelly

Just for arugment sake, let's say Benigno is right and Ramsey is our starter...take it a step further and Pennington is cut. Would you guys mind picking up Kerry Collins? Wouldn't mind a trio of Ramsey, Collins and Clemens.

NO WAY...i'd rather keep bolly than have COLLINS Here...

I agree with Beningo, but how 'bout this.............

WEEK 1 - Ramsey

WEEK 8 - Clemens

I think it's do or die for Ramsey. No more dumb throws, Patrick!!! Clemens is a guy with obvious leadership qualities, and if he learns the offense and Ramsey falters he has a good shot to be the man, IMO.

I dont think Pennington can pull it off, not with 2 surgeries. If Ramsey sh$ts the bed, and Clemens has shown he's grasped things, why not? Bledsoe was forced out by Mo Lewis, opening the door for a rookie named Brady, who's on his way to the HOF. The Pats had their hand forced back then, but because of that experience I dont think Mangini would hestitate one bit to throw in the rookie, Clemens.

Collins would be the worst guy to bring in

Ramsey has to be the favorite- how can you put Chad there when he can not even throw full strength at this point-he has to show he is ready to play first- waiting for Patsfantx comment

no way on week 1,,

u dont really think eric would set himself up like herm and push chad to start too soon,,no way,,,

my understanding is the best player will play - like it or not Chad is probably the best player. Remember he's had almost a full year to rehab - also remember Ramsey is a first round bust due to holding the ball too long and generally sucking. I think everyone is overrating Ramsey right now.

my understanding is the best player will play - like it or not Chad is probably the best player. Remember he's had almost a full year to rehab - also remember Ramsey is a first round bust due to holding the ball too long and generally sucking. I think everyone is overrating Ramsey right now.

i am not overrating him, ,he wont see a start in 2007,,,

i just dont see how a guy can come back from 2 of these surgeries when no one comes back, good, from one,,

plus he WONT be able to throw long and defenses will cheat on the run,,

I agree with Beningo, but how 'bout this.............

WEEK 1 - Ramsey

WEEK 8 - Clemens

I think it's do or die for Ramsey. No more dumb throws, Patrick!!! Clemens is a guy with obvious leadership qualities, and if he learns the offense and Ramsey falters he has a good shot to be the man, IMO.

I dont think Pennington can pull it off, not with 2 surgeries. If Ramsey sh$ts the bed, and Clemens has shown he's grasped things, why not? Bledsoe was forced out by Mo Lewis, opening the door for a rookie named Brady, who's on his way to the HOF. The Pats had their hand forced back then, but because of that experience I dont think Mangini would hestitate one bit to throw in the rookie, Clemens.

Brady wasn't a rookie when Mo knocked out Bledsoe. He was in his 2nd or 3rd year. I remember reading that Belichek had him on a strength program to increase his arm strength after his first year during the off season.

PatsTxfan would probably know more about that.

Brady wasn't a rookie when Mo knocked out Bledsoe. He was in his 2nd or 3rd year. I remember reading that Belichek had him on a strength program to increase his arm strength after his first year during the off season.

PatsTxfan would probably know more about that.

Right you are. That does make a pretty big difference since Brady, although only appearing for 3 pass attempts his rookie year, did have a whole year of studying under his belt.

That being said...I can still see the coaching staff putting faith in Clemens by week 8 if Ramsey and Chad falter.

i am not overrating him, ,he wont see a start in 2007,,,

i just dont see how a guy can come back from 2 of these surgeries when no one comes back, good, from one,,

plus he WONT be able to throw long and defenses will cheat on the run,,

Nice to know you can see something new every day.

Expect to see it at the start of the season.

BZ

Right you are. That does make a pretty big difference since Brady, although only appearing for 3 pass attempts his rookie year, did have a whole year of studying under his belt.

That being said...I can still see the coaching staff putting faith in Clemens by week 8 if Ramsey and Chad falter.

i can see this happening too, i wouldnt hate this at all....

Benigno is the kiss of death and the most annoying Jets fan on the planet in my opinion but................................................

Since the rumors started of The Jets trading for Patrick Ramsey. I endorsed the trade and when the deal was finally consumated. I stated that Ramsey would beat out Chad Pennington and be The Jets starting quarterback in 2006. I stand by that. If Pennington proves me wrong. So be it.That's a good thing.

Patrick Ramsey has all the tools to be a star quarterback in this league. It's on him now. He's going to get his chance to prove that he can be a good NFL starter in this league. This is his last chance. Like Chad, His career is on the line.

There's no question about this, Ramsey is a high character guy with a great arm.

Benigno is the kiss of death and the most annoying Jets fan on the planet in my opinion but................................................

Since the rumors started of The Jets trading for Patrick Ramsey. I endorsed the trade and when the deal was finally consumated. I stated that Ramsey would beat out Chad Pennington and be The Jets starting quarterback in 2006. I stand by that. If Pennington proves me wrong. So be it.That's a good thing.

Patrick Ramsey has all the tools to be a star quarterback in this league. It's on him now. He's going to get his chance to prove that he can be a good NFL starter in this league. This is his last chance. Like Chad, His career is on the line.

There's no question about this, Ramsey is a high character guy with a great arm.

Yep Ramsey has high character and a strong arm but absolutely no QB moxy it comes to playing QB in the NFL.

If Pennington is fully healthy Ramsey cannot hold a candle to him.

It's amazing that so many of us don't trust our eyes , Washington's coaches, fans or media when it comes to how bad Patrick Ramsey has been.

I hope the light bulb goes on for him as he is a Jet now but this blind allegiance to a absolute bust is nuts.

Archived