What are u listening to right now?

57 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Music that is from a bygone ERA. The great Bill Evans trio....

Love this album.  Music for a nice date night, wine, scotch etc.

Evans is one of the true musical geniuses.   Another pianist I really like is Bud Powell.   Listen to this guy's chops.

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Evans is one of the true musical geniuses.   Another pianist I really like is Bud Powell.   Listen to this guy's chops.

Absofukkinlutely!!!!!   Bud Powell is on the Mt Rushmore of Jazz Pianists. As is Oscar Peterson.   George Duvivier on bass. A legend as well.

Just loaded it on Amazon Music. Playing the album "Its all about Be-Bop Jazz". Bud Powell Trio.  Thank you!!!!

LOVE Powell!!!!

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Sharing something personal.. I got divorced about 14 years ago, dated a bit, now with the same gal 7 years. She has NO EAR, no history of music appreciation. Asked me the difference between a bass and a guitar. Can you fukkin imagine??? BUT, we wake up to Joe Pass radio on Pandora, I play Bill Evans constantly when we are together as back ground music. She has accompanied me to the Village Vanguard and other shows in NY. 

I always think... if she was the type who said.. "Can we listen to real music"???? I'd leave her. :)

Hanging with her, glass of wine, just chatting while jazz is in the back ground is a simple pleasure for me. When she saw me play Bass in N.O a few years ago, she got it.  

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Sharing something personal.. I got divorced about 14 years ago, dated a bit, now with the same gal 7 years. She has NO EAR, no history of music appreciation. Asked me the difference between a bass and a guitar. Can you fukkin imagine??? BUT, we wake up to Joe Pass radio on Pandora, I play Bill Evans constantly when we are together as back ground music. She has accompanied me to the Village Vanguard and other shows in NY. 

I always think... if she was the type who said.. "Can we listen to real music"???? I'd leave her. :)

Hanging with her, glass of wine, just chatting while jazz is in the back ground is a simple pleasure for me. When she saw me play Bass in N.O a few years ago, she got it.  

Nice when it clicks, right southpark?   Sounds like you found a great lady.  You know bass players get all the chicks. lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Such a great version.  

yes... I've posted this version here a couple of times thru the years I think.   The other Gilmour live one I like is the one with Crosby and Nash doing the background vocals.  It's really beautiful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I cannot believe that was 37 years ago.

Yeah we are old.  No wonder my 20 somethings kids/kids-n-law have zero interest.

It's the equivalent of trying to force mid 1940's pop music (if such a thing even was) in my ears when I was in my 20's listening to WNEW-FM New York.  No chance.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah we are old.  No wonder my 20 somethings kids/kids-n-law have zero interest.

It's the equivalent of trying to force mid 1940's pop music (if such a thing even was) in my ears when I was in my 20's listening to WNEW-FM New York.  No chance.  

* forgot the shout out to my old favorite, WLIR-FM. Long Island.  Probably was the best radio station of all time.