Sir Speez

WTF this is BS...

Arizona

San Fransisco twice

Washington

Buffalo

Green Bay

Minnesota

Every other team in the AFC East got at least one...this is some of the dumbest scheduling i have seen :confused:

:blowup:

WTF this is BS...

Arizona

San Fransisco twice

Washington

Buffalo

Green Bay

Minnesota

Every other team in the AFC East got at least one...this is some of the dumbest scheduling i have seen :confused:

:blowup:

Indeed.

Baltimore & Denver on THREE times EACH.

Giants on once as well, with FOUR Sunday Night match-ups, actually three with one Saturday, but, still... pathetic.

Other than for those of us who live outside of New York ....

Why does it matter if we have a nationally televised game?

Respect?

Is that really important? Is that going to help us win games?? Is that going to help us reach our goal of winning the Super Bowl??

Nope... Respect does nothing. If the Jets feel they "aint gettin' no respect" then all they have to do is win, and win lots of games, so the networks move us to a primetime spot.

If we fall on our faces, at least it wont be in front of a national audience.

Indeed.

Baltimore & Denver on THREE times EACH.

Giants on once as well, with FOUR Sunday Night match-ups, actually three with one Saturday, but, still... pathetic.

I am certain Mangini will find a way to use this snub as motivation in some manner this season...i think the Jets as a whole should look at this as an expression of disrespect, not only did we have a big turnaround but we were also a playoff team, who drastically improved our running game and are trying to make strides on the DLine...yet not considered worthy of putting the Jets product on Monday night and only 1 primetime game is utterly ridiculous

Im glad they dont have a Monday night game... easier to game plan when your on a Sunday-Sunday schedule... it messes everything up when you toss in a monday...

Not to mention it does suck staying up so late, especially if its a loss.

Other than for those of us who live outside of New York ....

Why does it matter if we have a nationally televised game?

Respect?

Is that really important? Is that going to help us win games?? Is that going to help us reach our goal of winning the Super Bowl??

Nope... Respect does nothing. If the Jets feel they "aint gettin' no respect" then all they have to do is win, and win lots of games, so the networks move us to a primetime spot.

If we fall on our faces, at least it wont be in front of a national audience.

UHMMMMMMM...Respect has a lot to do with getting "W's"

If a team has respect for you that is a pshycological edge...as in the respect that the league has for the Patriots, the respect the league had for the Cowboys, the respect the league has for the BMore Defense...that edge is very advantageous

... Or maybe we like to attend home night games / Monday Night games?:beer:

I used to but I can't handle the 8 pm games anymore, I'm sh!tcanned by like 5 pm and then I barely remember the game.

1 pm start every sunday if it were up to me.

UHMMMMMMM...Respect has a lot to do with getting "W's"

If a team has respect for you that is a pshycological edge...as in the respect that the league has for the Patriots, the respect the league had for the Cowboys, the respect the league has for the BMore Defense...that edge is very advantageous

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Games are not won or lost because a team respects how you play. Games are won and lost by gameplanning and making adjustments in a timely manner.

Anyway, the point I was making was not about other teams respecting the Jets because they play Sunday/Monday night games.

It was about fans like you who are hurt because you will feel the Jets get no respect from the networks who schedule the games. The Jets dont care when they play the games.

The Jets arent going to get their panties in a bunch because we only have 1 sunday night game.

Someone explain how the Giants got 6 prime time games. Watching their games is like watching paint dry, and they lost Tiki so they'll be even more boring.

Because it is going to be a disastrous season with a story line every week about how Coughlin sucks and how the team is imploding.

Simple: Great story line.

Jets dont have any good story line this year. Were expected to be good enough to compete for the playoffs, but not a great team.

America doesnt like nor do they want to watch the JETS... get over it... its not a bad thing.

Thats true...but who cares about the freakin' Broncos outside of Denver? I know i live in NC...but ive met fans of almost every team other than the Lions(for obvious reasons), Cardinals(bc they dont have fans), and Broncos. It is beyond me why they get all this national publicity. Elway retired a LONG time ago folks, theres nothing interesting there anymore.

Shanahan, Cutler, the fact that the Broncos always have a winning record it seems and you can also watch a pretty good damn defense along with Travis Henry now manning the backfield. But, comeon, Baltimore and Denver, especially Denver, were on WAY WAY too much last season and now Denver has 3 MNF games already? Wow. How many Sunday Nighters? I betcha they end up with 2 or 3 making 5 or 6 national night game apperances, again, while the Jets have 1 and the Giants have 5 of their own too.

Shanahan, Cutler, the fact that the Broncos always have a winning record it seems and you can also watch a pretty good damn defense along with Travis Henry now manning the backfield. But, comeon, Baltimore and Denver, especially Denver, were on WAY WAY too much last season and now Denver has 3 MNF games already? Wow. How many Sunday Nighters? I betcha they end up with 2 or 3 making 5 or 6 national night game apperances, again, while the Jets have 1 and the Giants have 5 of their own too.

But see...i love football, but why do i want to see the same team(which i dont like) 5 or 6 times a season? When it doesnt effect the Jets(at least last year), i didn't watch the 700 bronco's games on, and im pretty sure most football fans are the same way. You can give variety without showing crappy teams on monday night.

But see...i love football, but why do i want to see the same team(which i dont like) 5 or 6 times a season? When it doesnt effect the Jets(at least last year), i didn't watch the 700 bronco's games on, and im pretty sure most football fans are the same way. You can give variety without showing crappy teams on monday night.

I'm against Denver being on as much as they are as much as you are. **** the Broncos.

The Jets should have at least one, maybe two, Monday Night apperances, its ridiculous that they do not. One of the New England games should be at 8:30pm on a Monday, or hell, at least at 4:15pm and nationally televised. Both are at 1pm!!?? I guess the Mangini vs. Belichick thing got old fast to the NFL, even if all 3 games were for the most part hard fought and good games.

Guys, Monday, Thurs & Sat games are set in stone for the entire season. Only are the Sunday Night games able to change and I don't see how Cleveland could be a possibilty? NE and TENN, yeah, but still that would make 2 games (since they won't make 2 in a row on Sun. Night) compared to some teams like the Giants having a definite 4, possibly 5 all together, who lost their best player and went 8-8 in a weak NFC. Makes NO sense to me.

I prefer Sunday afternoons.The one exception-if they want to schedule us for a Saturday night in the playoffs, cool. And if any of us are going to Miami, I'd rather not have to take 2 days off as opposed to one. Getting home from a home game at 3AM isn't fun on a weeknight.

i guess we cant play miani anymore because we beat em every time. a monday night game is the best game of the year and we dont get one.

Indeed.

I'm tired of this lame ass excuse, "Oh, well, I don't get home until 2 in the morning". Okay, then don't ****ing go and give the tickets to people who will go. Its one god damn game a year that most people ask for to have one damn home Monday Night Football game. Get over it, its one night, heck, don't take so many damn sick days and take one the next day.

Indeed.

I'm tired of this lame ass excuse, "Oh, well, I don't get home until 2 in the morning". Okay, then don't ****ing go and give the tickets to people who will go. Its one god damn game a year that most people ask for to have one damn home Monday Night Football game. Get over it, its one night, heck, don't take so many damn sick days and take one the next day.

THANK YOU!!!!!! :good:

Everybody works, has a family, and other various responsibilities...sorry if you have problems staying out late, or have night time bladder issues, or arent allowed to take you balls out of the lockbox and hang out with the fellas at the bar/pub drink a few beers and eat some hot wings on a week night...i mean damn arent we talking about Monday Night Football?

The Jets have no star attractions. The only attraction they draw is Mangini vs Big Bill, which happens twice a year and probably will wind up as one of the games of the week.

And then the thanksgiving game is thomas jones vs julius jones.

Other then that, the NFL has no reason to put the jets on monday night or in prime time... I might be a fan but it is all about marketing and ratings during the prime time games.

Even if the Jets do well next season and go 11-5 they aren't a high powered offense and they don't have a smash mouth defense. They have no Favre, no Vick, no TO, no Moss, No Ray Lewis and so on.

It's more about marketing than anything else. SF is supposed to be the 'up and coming team' with one of the top RB in the league last year, a young QB, a young coach, a young TE, and a young team. Arizona is supposed to be this young team with Leinart and so on.

Right now, besides Jets fans, they spark no interest around the league. Nobody cares about Chad P.... Moral character guys are great and if they win , even better... But don't expect them to be on prime time that often unless they win a super bowl or one of their players shoots somebody or becomes an nfl star... They have no NFL stars right now and for that reason, the NFL has no desire to put them on monday night, espeically since monday night ratings haven't been that impressive for years.

Archived