Derek Jeter ties Joe Dimaggio on career hits list

MasonJet

Jose reyes doesn't get 2000 hits in his career, watch

please....the only way Reyes doesn't get 2,000 hits is if he's not healthy. Hell, the guy will probably get 800 infield singles alone with his wheels. Reyes is awesome.

please....the only way Reyes doesn't get 2,000 hits is if he's not healthy. Hell, the guy will probably get 800 infield singles alone with his wheels. Reyes is awesome.

I know I'm just messing with the mess fans.

Derek Jeter has a shot to be 36 year old when he gets his 3,000 career hit. That is sick.

If he stayed productive until he was 39 he could be over 3,500 hits at that time. I think the worst case scenario for Derek is that he retires a first ballot hall of famer with only these guys having more career hits than he does:

Pete Rose, Ty Cobb, Hank Aaron, Stan Musial. But he has a real good chance to surpass Aaron (3,771) and Musial (3,660). Injuries or the clap could change this. But this is where he projects right now.

With an RBI single in the 1st inning, Derek Jeter tied Joe Dimaggio with 2,214 career hits, good for 5th on the Yankees all-time list.

He's so overrated.

He is.

You all gush over him being a greta leader, but he has continually let A-Rod get slammed.

You say he is a great defensive SS. When in fact he is average at best Gold Gloves or no gold gloves.

Jeter is one of the alltime greats, but alot of his hype is just because he is in NY.

He is.

You all gush over him being a greta leader, but he has continually let A-Rod get slammed.

You say he is a great defensive SS. When in fact he is average at best Gold Gloves or no gold gloves.

Jeter is one of the alltime greats, but alot of his hype is just because he is in NY.

What, so if Jeter says the magic words idiotic journalists will stop being idiotic journalists? Wouldn't count on it.

You can harp about his defense all you want. I started to become a baseball fan at about the same time Jeter was coming into the league and have watched him play more games than I can remember. He has made a ton of great plays and year in and year out just plays great baseball all the time.

It's hilarious to me that Boston fans still think he's overrated, but it's obviously just a sign of, well, I won't make a personal attack but you can use your imagination. The guy is a 1st-ballot Hall of Famer. How exactly is he overrated again?

He is.

He has a shot to retire top 3 in hits with possibly 5+ rings. He has never been in an ounce of trouble. He is an ambassador for the game during a time that they needed a role model.

But you are right. Nomar will always be better. Steroids or not he is just better.

He is.

Sorry..I call bull****

You are going by recent history,not overall history. he would be a great player no matter where he plays.

He has a shot to retire top 3 in hits with possibly 5+ rings. He has never been in an ounce of trouble. He is an ambassador for the game during a time that they needed a role model.

But you are right. Nomar will always be better. Steroids or not he is just better.

LOL Max at Nomar. Ah yes "Nomar is better" those were the days. I just hope wherever he is he can fiddle with his batting gloves in peace.

A perfect example of Jeter's greatness there. It's a 6-1 game in the 7th inning and he is thinking triple from the getgo, and he gets it easily with a headfirst slide into 3rd base.

Anybody who whines about this guy being overrated is clearly just jealous he's not on their favorite team.

He is.

You're probably one of *********Edited by Max. Make your point without personal attacks ************** that was telling us how much better Nomaaaa was than Jeter in the late 90's. Guess what, you and the rest of the Sux nation was wrong. Your prized SS doesn't even play for your team anymore. How many rings does he have ? Jeter already has 4 more rings than Teddy the Death experiment, Jim RiceaRoni, Dwight Evans, Yaz the Fat, and many other Red Sux so called legends. He will be a first ballot hall of famer. Non steroid user and winner of multiple world series rings. He will also have the prestige of retiring a Yankee, which is worth more than any bloody sock.

What, so if Jeter says the magic words idiotic journalists will stop being idiotic journalists? Wouldn't count on it.

You can harp about his defense all you want. I started to become a baseball fan at about the same time Jeter was coming into the league and have watched him play more games than I can remember. He has made a ton of great plays and year in and year out just plays great baseball all the time.

It's hilarious to me that Boston fans still think he's overrated, but it's obviously just a sign of, well, I won't make a personal attack but you can use your imagination. The guy is a 1st-ballot Hall of Famer. How exactly is he overrated again?

He is. No doubt.

Manny makes some great plays in the outfiled also. Just because you make some nice plays does not make you a great fielder. Jeter's fielding stats are at the league average for his career. He is an average defensive SS. He did not deserve last year's GG and you can make arguments he did not deserve the ones in 2004 and 2005. It was probably a popularity contest and he won. Being in NY he is blown-up larger then life. If he was playing for Pittsburgh, would he be as great? No.

Brady is Jeter is Brady. They are not the most talented at their positions, but I know there is no one I want to see less coming up with the game on the line then Jeter.

Overatedness is relative. I am not taking anything away from Jeter then the smoke being blown up his ass by Yankee fans that say he is a great defensive SS.

He is. No doubt.

Manny makes some great plays in the outfiled also. Just because you make some nice plays does not make you a great fielder. Jeter's fielding stats are at the league average for his career. He is an average defensive SS. He did not deserve last year's GG and you can make arguments he did not deserve the ones in 2004 and 2005. It was probably a popularity contest and he won. Being in NY he is blown-up larger then life. If he was playing for Pittsburgh, would he be as great? No.

Brady is Jeter is Brady. They are not the most talented at their positions, but I know there is no one I want to see less coming up with the game on the line then Jeter.

Overatedness is relative. I am not taking anything away from Jeter then the smoke being blown up his ass by Yankee fans that say he is a great defensive SS.

Well said. The funny part is ARod as a power hitter has only 100 less hits but 300 more HR's, 500 more RBI's, more runs scored, more base on balls, about the same amount of SB's and is/was a better defensive SS but wasn't lucky enough to be part of the 96-2000 Yanks. Just saying.

With an RBI single in the 1st inning, Derek Jeter tied Joe Dimaggio with 2,214 career hits, good for 5th on the Yankees all-time list.

He's so overrated.

Well done by Jeter. I have the utmost respect for the guy. He's a class act.

He is. No doubt.

We never said he was a great defensive SS. Guys like you have said he is a below average SS. We won the debate the second we proved he was average.

its cool, although nowhere near indicates that Jeter will or should go down as a top 5 Yankee legend though.

ruth, gehrig, mantle, dimaggio, dickey, berra, ford, mattingly, rivera

those names go ahead of him i'd say

jeter is ahead of: roger maris (sure, he had the HR record but he faded after winning back to back MVPs and had a short Yankee career), reggie jackson (look at his NLCS stats in his career, and he was at his best in Oakland), ron guidry (2nd best starter in Yankee history?), bernie williams (who may sign with a new team i hear???), andy pettite, tony lazzeri, jorge posada, elston howard, thurmon munson, phil rizzuto, george selkirk, earle combs, red ruffing and a thousand other guys.

then theres the guys who had decent success in their stops to NY but won't be viewed as Yankees, like Rickey henderson (Athletics/traveler/San Diego Surfdog), A-rod (Mariner), Roger Clemens (Red Sock), Mike Mussina (Oriole), Johnny Mize (Cardinal/Giant) etc.

and then theres the guys who were scrubs but were able to make game impacting hits to earn them fan credibility like Bucky Dent and Aaron Boone

We never said he was a great defensive SS. Guys like you have said he is a below average SS. We won the debate the second we proved he was average.

Talk about selective memory. :rolleyes:

Max that you admit he is average is proof we won.

its cool, although nowhere near indicates that Jeter will or should go down as a top 5 Yankee legend though.

ruth, gehrig, mantle, dimaggio, dickey, berra, ford, mattingly, rivera

those names go ahead of him i'd say

Mattingly? Are you kidding?

I thought you were self-banned from the baseball forum.

Talk about selective memory. :rolleyes:

Max that you admit he is average is proof we won.

I never admitted he was only average. I was just saying that we proved he was at least average and in the process proved you wrong.

Not a hard thing to do. But still noteworthy regardless.

I never admitted he was only average. I was just saying that we proved he was at least average and in the process proved you wrong.

Not a hard thing to do. But still noteworthy regardless.

You never said he was just average. You said, He was great. If Jeter's great was considered average, then Nomar would have about 10 GGs by now.

You never said he was just average. You said, He was great. If Jeter's great was considered average, then Nomar would have about 10 GGs by now.

To be fair, Nomar was never a great fielder either. His last year was absolutely painful to watch.

But when he was healthy, he was twice the hitter Jeter could ever hope to be.

To be fair, Nomar was never a great fielder either. His last year was absolutely painful to watch.

But when he was healthy, he was twice the hitter Jeter could ever hope to be.

I know. Once Jeter won the first GG, he was labeled as a great fielder. In 2004 (his first GG)and 2005, you can make arguments he deserved, but you can make arguments other people deserve it. Last year, was pure robbery as Michael Young deserved it and Peralta and Uribe had better years by alot over Jeter.

I know. Once Jeter won the first GG, he was labeled as a great fielder. In 2004 (his first GG)and 2005, you can make arguments he deserved, but you can make arguments other people deserve it. Last year, was pure robbery as Michael Young deserved it and Peralta and Uribe had better years by alot over Jeter.

The GG is alot like the NFL Pro Bowl selection process. Once you're in, you really have to screw up to be left out.

Archived