3. Shaun Alexander

4. Steven Jackson

5. Frank Gore

6. Clinton Portis

7. Edgerrian James

8. Rudi Johnson

9. Brian Westbrook

10. Willis McGahee

Okay, I've blasted McGahee in the past but I think with an improved OLine in Baltimore we'll finally be able to call him a Top notch back. As for E.James, he had a rough season last year behind that horrific Arizona OLine that is now improved and I except a 1,400 yard season from him. Lets see what happens.

Just misses:

Thomas Jones, Deuce McAlister, Fred Taylor, Willie Parker & Ahman Green

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

<space intended>

2. Larry Johnson

3. Steven Jackson

4. Frank Gore

5. Shaun Alexander

6. Clinton Portis (when on the field)

7. Rudi Johnson

8. Edgerrin James

9. Deuce McAlister

10. Brian Westbrook

PS- Ronnie Brown should be nowhere in the vicinity of that list.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson (obvious)

2. Larry Johnson (duh)

3. Frank Gore (this will actually be his third year I think and he's a beast; without him, all this 49er contention talk goes out the window)

4. Duece (Tough guy who carried the load for years in NO)

5. Willie Parker (This guy came out of nowhere and was, perhaps, the bright spot for the Pit O last year)

6. Rudi Johnson (Rudi, Rudi, Rudi)

7. Steven Jackson (Very hard runner with nice hands, what's not to like)

8. Jones-Drew (This kid will wow you this year, mark it down)

9. Brian Westbrook (Not your typical RB, but very productive)

10. Shaun Alexander (ONly cracked the top ten based on his history, not sure if he will ever be back)

Honorable mention goes to Warrick Dunn

Rank 'em.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Larry Johnson

3. Shaun Alexander

4. Steven Jackson

5. Frank Gore

6. Clinton Portis

7. Edgerrian James

8. Rudi Johnson

9. Brian Westbrook

10. Willis McGahee

Okay, I've blasted McGahee in the past but I think with an improved OLine in Baltimore we'll finally be able to call him a Top notch back. As for E.James, he had a rough season last year behind that horrific Arizona OLine that is now improved and I except a 1,400 yard season from him. Lets see what happens.

Just misses:

Thomas Jones, Deuce McAlister, Fred Taylor, Willie Parker & Ronnie Brown

1. LaDanian Tomlinson

2. Larry Johnson

3. Steven Jackson

4. Shaun Alexander

5. Thomas Jones

6. Frank Gore

7. Clinton Portis

8. Deuce McAlister

9. Rudi Johnson

10. Ahman Green

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

<space intended>

2. Larry Johnson

3. Steven Jackson

4. Frank Gore

5. Shaun Alexander

6. Clinton Portis (when on the field)

7. Rudi Johnson

8. Edgerrin James

9. Deuce McAlister

10. Brian Westbrook

PS- Ronnie Brown should be nowhere in the vicinity of that list.

Ronnie Brown would be rated higher than Thomas Jones.

I think you're wrong there. Thomas Jones carried the Bears offense last year and had a great game in the Super Bowl. What has Ronnie Brown done exactly? Then again, you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.

I love how Thomas Jones seems to get such a small amount of respect when he carried a crappy Offense to the Super Bowl last year.

Let's wait to see how he does this year, in the tough AFC East before announcing him carrying anything. I hope you are right and that he is really underrated though.

Lets look at the last 2 seasons and figure out what makes you think that...

Games Played

Jones - 15

Brown - 15

Games Started

Jones - 15

Brown - 14

Yards

Jones - 1,335

Brown - 907

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.3

Brown - 4.4

Long

Jones - 42

Brown - 65

TD's

Jones - 9

Brown - 4

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 41

In 2005 Brown had a longer run and .1 more per attempt... he got creamed in TD's and 1st downs...

Games Played

Jones - 16

Brown - 13

Games Started

Jones - 16

Brown - 12

Yards

Jones - 1,210

Brown - 1,008

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.1

Brown - 4.2

Long

Jones - 30

Brown - 47

TD's

Jones - 6

Brown - 5

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 49

Basically the same thing in 06'... and Brown couldn't stay on the field. Jones did all of this while splitting time and had almost the same amount of carries as well.

Games Played

Jones - 15

Brown - 15

Games Started

Jones - 15

Brown - 14

Yards

Jones - 1,335

Brown - 907

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.3

Brown - 4.4

Long

Jones - 42

Brown - 65

TD's

Jones - 9

Brown - 4

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 41

In 2005 Brown had a longer run and .1 more per attempt... he got creamed in TD's and 1st downs...

Games Played

Jones - 16

Brown - 13

Games Started

Jones - 16

Brown - 12

Yards

Jones - 1,210

Brown - 1,008

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.1

Brown - 4.2

Long

Jones - 30

Brown - 47

TD's

Jones - 6

Brown - 5

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 49

Basically the same thing in 06'... and Brown couldn't stay on the field. Jones did all of this while splitting time and had almost the same amount of carries as well.

In 2005 Ronnie was a rookie and he was also splitting time with Ricky Williams. It would only make sense that he didn't have 1,600 yards and 15 TD's.

2006 with 4 less games played than Jones, the 2 basically had the same stats. Not to mention the weak NFC north division that the Bears played in making Jones look better than he actually is. I think, and this is my opinion, that Jones will do nothing spectacular this year. He will be lucky to gain 1,000 yards.

In 2005 Ronnie was a rookie and he was also splitting time with Ricky Williams. It would only make sense that he didn't have 1,600 yards and 15 TD's.

2006 with 4 less games played than Jones, the 2 basically had the same stats. Not to mention the weak NFC north division that the Bears played in making Jones look better than he actually is. I think, and this is my opinion, that Jones will do nothing spectacular this year. He will be lucky to gain 1,000 yards.

Did you miss the part where I said Jones split carries in 06' and had alomst the same # as brown with MUCH better stats?

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Larry Johnson

3. Steven Jackson

4. Shaun Alexander

5. Frank Gore

6. Brian Westbrook

7. Clinton Portis

8. Fred Taylor

9. Deuce McAllister

10. Rudi Johnson

After this season, Maurice Jones-Drew, Reggie Bush, Joseph Addai, and Laurence Maroney should definitely crack the top ten.

And Ronnie Brown IS better than Thomas Jones. Not his fault Nick Saban refused to run him and instead chose to throw 40 times a game with Joey Harrington.

Games Played

Jones - 15

Brown - 15

Games Started

Jones - 15

Brown - 14

Yards

Jones - 1,335

Brown - 907

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.3

Brown - 4.4

Long

Jones - 42

Brown - 65

TD's

Jones - 9

Brown - 4

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 41

Games Played

Jones - 16

Brown - 13

Games Started

Jones - 16

Brown - 12

Yards

Jones - 1,210

Brown - 1,008

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.1

Brown - 4.2

Long

Jones - 30

Brown - 47

TD's

Jones - 6

Brown - 5

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 49

Splitting time/carries? I would hardly call what the Bears did with Jones splitting carries. Thomas Jones carried the ball 296 times in 2006. The Bears had the 5th most rushing attempts in the league. We ran the ball 31.6 times a game for a total of 503 carries. We ran a 2 back system not to reduce Jones' carries but to increase the amount of rushing attempts we had a game. We ran the ball 503 times last year! San Diego ran the ball 522 times, no one would ever say LT split carries with anyone.

Jones might be a top 10 back but he is at the very bottom of that top 10. By no means is he an elite back. There is a huge difference in production between the top 5 backs in the league and Jones. Top 5 backs average 1500yard+ rushing & 10rushing TDs+ a year. That is something Jones never has and never will do.

Pros..

He is an exceptional receiver out of the backfield and has above average (not breakaway) speed. He excels at finding the cutback lane. Fairly elusive. Above average blocker. He is generally a patient runner. Will play hurt. Excellent teammate.

Cons...

He solely lacks explosiveness when he cuts. He does a "jump cut" where he actually jumps and does a hopstep instead of planting and exploding. That might not sound like a big deal but you WILL see it this year. Jones will "jump cut" in the backfield and that pause allows defenders to close in on him. (I've seen it time and time again and it drove me mad). Will not lower head and power through defenders. Rarely breaks tackles. Will not move the pile. Not a workhorse.

If he stays healthy I see him getting 900-1200 yards rushing and 125-225 yards receiving for you guys.

I think you're wrong there. Thomas Jones carried the Bears offense last year and had a great game in the Super Bowl.

Carried the Bears offense last year? You can't be serious. We scored the 2nd most points in the league last year. Although we ran the ball over 500 times we were ranked 15th overall rushing. Jones only accounted for 7 of the 47 TDs we scored. Carried is hardly the word to use for Jones in regards to his role with the Bears offense. He played ok for us but by no means did he "carry" the Bears offense. The Super Bowl was a good game for him but it was not the norm. Of the 16 regular season games he started last year he broke 100yard 4 times. Mull that over for a while.

Carried the Bears offense last year? You can't be serious. We scored the 2nd most points in the league last year. Although we ran the ball over 500 times we were ranked 15th overall rushing. Jones only accounted for 7 of the 47 TDs we scored. Carried is hardly the word to use for Jones in regards to his role with the Bears offense. He played ok for us but by no means did he "carry" the Bears offense. The Super Bowl was a good game for him but it was not the norm. Of the 16 regular season games he started last year he broke 100yard 4 times. Mull that over for a while.

Damn the truth hurts, don't it. :yawn:

Thank goodness the Jets will only need Jones to provide a role, as they will ask of the other 52 guys. Regardless of whether or not Jones "carried" the Bears offense, he will fit in great in NY. He compliments Leon and Houston nicely and he obviously will be able to set a work ethic example, judging by the shape he is in already. I could care less how many yards or TDs he ends up with, so long as the team is hanging W's in the victory column like the voters will be hanging W in the 08 election!

Damn the truth hurts, don't it. :yawn:

Thank goodness the Jets will only need Jones to provide a role, as they will ask of the other 52 guys. Regardless of whether or not Jones "carried" the Bears offense, he will fit in great in NY. He compliments Leon and Houston nicely and he obviously will be able to set a work ethic example, judging by the shape he is in already. I could care less how many yards or TDs he ends up with, so long as the team is hanging W's in the victory column like the voters will be hanging W in the 08 election!

Exactly. I don't see Jones being the second coming of Payton over here. All he has to do is be himself and he should be a huge improvement over Barlow and Blaylock. That's what I'm looking for - better than 1,000 yards and 4+ ypc and I'll be happy. I still bet I'll be cursing him on the TV plenty of times.

Games Played

Jones - 15

Brown - 15

Games Started

Jones - 15

Brown - 14

Yards

Jones - 1,335

Brown - 907

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.3

Brown - 4.4

Long

Jones - 42

Brown - 65

TD's

Jones - 9

Brown - 4

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 41

Games Played

Jones - 16

Brown - 13

Games Started

Jones - 16

Brown - 12

Yards

Jones - 1,210

Brown - 1,008

Avg per attempt

Jones - 4.1

Brown - 4.2

Long

Jones - 30

Brown - 47

TD's

Jones - 6

Brown - 5

1st Downs

Jones - 61

Brown - 49

Ronnie Brown is 3X the talent Thomas Jones is, and Jones while having similar #'s to Brown in some categorys, has also worked with a very good run blocking Oline w/the bears while Brown has ran behind a completely worthless POS oline in Miami.

Brown is better than Jones, and its not as close as the YPC difference that Brown has over Jones. Brown is a considerably better runner, esp in the passing game.

If both are healthy in 2007, look for Brown to outplay Jones by a considerable margin.

That's what I'm looking for - better than 1,000 yards and 4+ ypc and I'll be happy. I still bet I'll be cursing him on the TV plenty of times.

Good show. Hehe.

Where's the love for Freeman McNeil, you turncoats. Even though he's long gone from the game, someone could have been partial and listed him out of respect, you know.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Larry Johnson

3. Steven Jackson

4. Shaun Alexander

5. Rudi Johnson

6. Clinton Portis

7. Brian Westbrook

8. Duece McAllister

9. Edge

10. Warrick Dunn

11. McGahee

12. W.Parker

13. R.Brown

14.F.Gore

HM : T.Jones,Bush ,Maroney , Addai

Exactly. I don't see Jones being the second coming of Payton over here. All he has to do is be himself and he should be a huge improvement over Barlow and Blaylock. That's what I'm looking for - better than 1,000 yards and 4+ ypc and I'll be happy. I still bet I'll be cursing him on the TV plenty of times.

He will get 1000yard no doubt, perhaps not too much more but he WILL get you 1000 yards.. And as far as the cursing goes, you will do that too after you see his "hop cut" that he loves to do in the backfield. :):cheers:

Archived