Jets & Revis Resume Contract Talks

Smizzy

All Jet fans want this guy signed and on the field-I still say lock them in a room and work out a contract=compromise on both sides and it will not kill both sides to do so.

I heard you say that the first time, and i agree 100%. Stubburn-alfa-male bastards.

smizzy- i hope not all at the same time, i can't keep a conversation with one cheerleader. 8 would probably make my head explode....i suppose if you got right to the banging there would not be much chatter.

I had to sleep with the Jets cheerleaders to get this info,all 8 of them!

Give me some credit bitches!!

the girls still stand by their original statement of "I wouldn't touch smizzy with a 10' pole.

turns out the flagpoles they weild on field measure 10' 8" so yeah, there was some contact, kudo's smizzy ;)

That would be great if they actually knew something about football in the first place, but who is to say. Hell, that would be like me throwing a football in a cr*ppy jazzercize class, now wouldn't it.

Did you have to let the other 2 & their coordinator go home?

What were you thinking man! She's a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader!!!;)

Smizzy, got a link or anything...I just searched through ESPN and Yahoo Sports and found NOTHING...

ui_section_logo.gif

Jets resume Revis talks, but can't draft a deal with rookie

BY RICH CIMINI

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Monday, August 13th 2007, 4:00 AM

Well, at least they're talking again.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and the agents for unsigned first-round pick Darrelle Revis have resumed negotiations. One of Revis' agents, Jonathan Feinsod, was seen in the Jets' locker room Friday night after the preseason opener against the Falcons. He met briefly with Tannenbaum in Eric Mangini's office.

The two sides were scheduled to talk again yesterday.

Revis, one of only two unsigned picks in the NFL, is seeking a five-year contract. The Jets want a six-year deal, the maximum allowed by league rules.

Tannenbaum is going to have to get real creative to reach a compromise both sides can live with.

Reevis' side has dug itself in on the 5 year bullsh*t.

I say bullsh*t because Reevis entered the draft a year early as a junior and the Jets did him a favor picking him as high in the draft as they did. He would have dropped to at least 16 if not further.

He'll be getting a lot better contract than he otherwise deserves.

But hey whatever. I've respected the way Tannenbaum has handled this as well as the Kendall bullsh*t. Tannenbaum has balls unlike a lot of Jets fans who sh*t their pants every time the road gets bumpy.

Tannenbaum is going to have to get real creative to reach a compromise both sides can live with.

Reevis' side has dug itself in on the 5 year bullsh*t.

I say bullsh*t because Reevis entered the draft a year early as a junior and the Jets did him a favor picking him as high in the draft as they did. He would have dropped to at least 16 if not further.

He'll be getting a lot better contract than he otherwise deserves.

But hey whatever. I've respected the way Tannenbaum has handled this as well as the Kendall bullsh*t. Tannenbaum has balls unlike a lot of Jets fans who sh*t their pants every time the road gets bumpy.

How do you figure the Jets "did him a favor?" They traded up because they were scared he'd be gone. Reports had the Steelers interested at 15. Examine the deals: Carriker 5 years for $14.5M $9.5M in bonuses; Timmons 5 years $15M $8M in bonuses; Harrell 5 years $15M (no signing bonus, but a roster bonus of around $6M next year because they are scared that he hasn't played in 11 months for the torn bicep). Hell even Beason at 21 (where the Jets were) got 5 years at $12.6 with better than $6M in guaranteed money. Seems like everybody got 5 year deals for around $15M and the nickels and dimes between picks 14 and 16 are meaningless compared to an extra year.

You don't trade a one and a two to "do a guy a favor" by moving up.

I suffered thru sportscenter last night & stuart scott said.... there are still 2 unsigned 1st round draft picks.........went into detail with a reporter with the inside scoop on demarcus russell and then talked about larry johnsons holdout.........no mention of revis

gut feeling is he gets signed this week though I think I said that last week

Archived