Kendall's Departure Makes Jets A Weaker Team

NIGHT STALKER

You would be surprised how much morale and chemistry can improve a team?

That's probably why I said besides morale, lol. A better way to put what I meant would be to say, "well, what did you expect, them to get better for trading for a draft pick?" The loss isn't that substantial, anywho.

Pete Kendall is a friggin' a*shole. For two years, he read the papers and all he heard was bad crap about the "right side of the line".

He thought he could parlay all the bad press Moore and Clement were getting into a lucrative contract.

F him the scumbag. He wound up in an appropriate place. The Redskins, what a joke. The Redskins! :rl:

Did this guy not watch our O-line production the past two years? Seriously, claiming Kendall made the run game dominant is absurd. You can credit a very good Jason Fabini and moreso the absolute monster play of Kareem McKenzie. He was the road grader that allowed a guy like Mawae to pull, and honestly our RG at the time, whose name escapes me, was also quite a bit better than Kendall. We ran mostly to the right that year, the right side of our O-line was what made the run game.

Granted Kendall WAS better then than he has been the past 2 years, but that only goes to show you that we STILL haven't replaced K-Mac. I felt that loss was huge and that was the worst Hermway blunder, and that alone should have cost them their jobs. We still don't have a true RT which still concerns me. Guards you can kinda plug in, but everyone knows you build O-lines from the outside in.

Edit--I just remembered, Randy Thomas. Solid player I thought, I wonder what happened to him?

... Eric Mangini's stubbornness hurt his team in the short term.

I guess the head coach will have to look himself in the mirror at the end of the season and ask himself if it was worth it.

This is so ridiculous. How do you figure Mangini is the scapegoat here? after kendall's stink fit could they really keep him? would kendall have been reliable throughout the season. and if kendall turned out not to be reliable what would you be saying then?

assinine statements to create a new angle to a story like this make me crazy.

Kendall wasn't even that good, he was a mediocre at best type guy that could probably be replaced by some second stringer from some team that has better o-line depth. If it gets that bad they can always do a two TE formation and have bender play the second TE :P

Why do people act like Kendall is Brady or manning or LT....

What did Pete Kendall do exactly? The offensive line has sucked for two years. The running game has been a running joke. All we heard was how much Clement and Moore sucked.

Well you know what? Pete sucked.

I don't think people think he is a superstar, but they do feel he is a very good vet. Like the original writer said, he came in in 04 and CMart was the rushing champ and we did have a great year. Nobody can say the guy sucked in05, he played out of natural position, and played pretty banged up too it seems. 06 he did well, don't forget he did have two rooks in there from day 1. 05 and 06 there was also no feature back, so of course the running game was going to suck.

look, end of the day, we have clarke who has been crap in garbage time preseason games and a project rookie, where before we had a solid vet that you didn't have to worry about.

And like i said in another post, the ONLY reason we are going to start Bender is because he is all we have now, not because he unseated Kendall. I am all for vets getting bumped down in the depth chart by a younger better player who proves himself, but not so hot about being forced to ship off a solid player because of a relatively small amount of money and to prove a bulls##t point.

This is getting ridiculous. The Jets replaced Adrian Jones and Kevin Mawae, last season. Pete Kendall is somewhere between those two.

You're telling me he's not expendable?

:yawn:

Kevin Mawae had just come off a big injury, and was very old, so the jets walked into the draft with a plan to replace him quickly, and spent the bucks to grab mangold in the first. This time around they did not gameplan the draft for replacing a solid lg. LG is an important position, too important to toss in a project rookie.

I don't think people think he is a superstar, but they do feel he is a very good vet. Like the original writer said, he came in in 04 and CMart was the rushing champ and we did have a great year. Nobody can say the guy sucked in05, he played out of natural position, and played pretty banged up too it seems. 06 he did well, don't forget he did have two rooks in there from day 1. 05 and 06 there was also no feature back, so of course the running game was going to suck.

look, end of the day, we have clarke who has been crap in garbage time preseason games and a project rookie, where before we had a solid vet that you didn't have to worry about.

And like i said in another post, the ONLY reason we are going to start Bender is because he is all we have now, not because he unseated Kendall. I am all for vets getting bumped down in the depth chart by a younger better player who proves himself, but not so hot about being forced to ship off a solid player because of a relatively small amount of money and to prove a bulls##t point.

Kendall is good when he's one of the guys. Kendall is not the guy. ;)

Kendall is good when he's one of the guys. Kendall is not the guy. ;)

Yeah, but this all sprouted from what seems to be a bad decision to play tough guy by the FO. If the jets had done the right thing with his contract and given him the million, there would have never been the bad blood. So now the question is, was that 1 million more important then what they may have lost in a much improved oline heading into a seaon where they made so many other moves to improve?

Kendall will join the long list of Jet players who went to the Skins for a payday and then promptly disappeared from sight.

I'm not the slightest bit upset Kendall is gone. Let him play for a team that unwisely throw their cash around for players like him.

Did this guy not watch our O-line production the past two years? Seriously, claiming Kendall made the run game dominant is absurd. You can credit a very good Jason Fabini and moreso the absolute monster play of Kareem McKenzie. He was the road grader that allowed a guy like Mawae to pull, and honestly our RG at the time, whose name escapes me, was also quite a bit better than Kendall. We ran mostly to the right that year, the right side of our O-line was what made the run game.

Granted Kendall WAS better then than he has been the past 2 years, but that only goes to show you that we STILL haven't replaced K-Mac. I felt that loss was huge and that was the worst Hermway blunder, and that alone should have cost them their jobs. We still don't have a true RT which still concerns me. Guards you can kinda plug in, but everyone knows you build O-lines from the outside in.

Edit--I just remembered, Randy Thomas. Solid player I thought, I wonder what happened to him?

I don't know that you can call losing Kareem McKenzie a huge blunder. I'm pretty sure the Giants gave him a monster deal. Something like 7 for $40M and maybe $15M in bonus. Jets were too far over the cap to match. Maybe they should have redone his deal sooner or something, but once he was on the market they were dead.

Thomas was good. He was part of the 'skins raid that got Coles, Hall and Morton. The guy I was thinking of was Ryan Young who Hermie let the Texans take in exchange for them also taking Marcus Coleman and Aaron Glenn. That got Bradway the cap room needed to replace them with such gems in the secondary as Beasley, Abraham, Damien Robinson and eventually Barrett. What an improvement.

Why do people act like Kendall is Brady or manning or LT....

Last year Kendall slowed down quite a but. He was on the ground more then on his feet. He was killed by the bigger DLmen he faced. Like everything else, our replacements are not well known. If they come through, people will jump on their bandwagons. We played two rookies on the OL last year. IMO the trade did not make us a weaker team at all. Kendall was nothing last year. He has experience. It also made us a younger team in terms of experience. Experience comes with playing time. As the writer said- time will tell. GO Jets. Dare to be great! When we got Kendall he was on the "junk heap" and he was fine for a few years. He is not that player now. Time to let him go for something of value. That is how NE has managed to stay prominent and great drafting too. Time for us to be a dominant team via smart trades and drafts! The goal is to win a SB. Everything else is secondary. GO JETS! I believe we will bring in a few OGs for a look-see soon. I wonder if Bender is OG material or RT? I have not given up on Clarke yet. Eric must have a plan in his head. He is not impulsive from what we have seen todate.

The Jets may be a weaker team. But i was totally unaware that Kendall was dominant. Very good at times, but never dominant.

Fucilli is like Steve Serby-either the NY team he's writing or talking about is on it's way to a glorious championship, or run by imbeciles and headed for oblivion. Plus Fucili is a diehard Giant FAN. I'm shocked to see he even wrote anything about the Jets or that he even watches them, other than they happen to be playing his beloved team on Saturday.

Yeah, but this all sprouted from what seems to be a bad decision to play tough guy by the FO. If the jets had done the right thing with his contract and given him the million, there would have never been the bad blood. So now the question is, was that 1 million more important then what they may have lost in a much improved oline heading into a seaon where they made so many other moves to improve?

The obviously didn't want him to start anyway (based on talent). So why give a guy a raise that you are trying to make a backup?

Can't blame the Jets for trying to upgrade the team.

The obviously didn't want him to start anyway (based on talent). So why give a guy a raise that you are trying to make a backup?

Can't blame the Jets for trying to upgrade the team.

Since I'm already a broken record...

The problem is not with deciding not to give him the raise, it's how they handled the matter. If it were me, I would have given him a bump in salary quietly before things hit the fan. If they weren't going to give him the raise, the proper way to handle it would have been to let him know that you were going to trade him as soon as you got a fair price if he kept his mouth shut. They could have let his agent shop him to see what was out there. The proper thing was not putting him in the rookie dorm and bouncing him from the right to the left to center.

Since I'm already a broken record...

The problem is not with deciding not to give him the raise, it's how they handled the matter. If it were me, I would have given him a bump in salary quietly before things hit the fan. If they weren't going to give him the raise, the proper way to handle it would have been to let him know that you were going to trade him as soon as you got a fair price if he kept his mouth shut. They could have let his agent shop him to see what was out there. The proper thing was not putting him in the rookie dorm and bouncing him from the right to the left to center.

The rookie dorm thing was a mistake. The logistics that go into that are confusing. Mangini took care of that the second he heard about it. ;) Actually Kendall even said that he wasn't sure Mangini was involved. He thought someone was trying to score brownie points with the boss.

Anyhow I don't think they wanted to trade him. They would have like to have him as a backup I am sure. That is why they didn't give him a raise or cut\trade him. So his crying worked in a way. He gets more money and he gets to play football in Washington for a legendary coach and Hall Of Fame owner.

Be careful what you wish for.

I'd rather have Kendall gone and take a small hit in our OLine (we have a better backfield this year people) then to have his lockerroom cancerous attitude. He was starting to calm down, then came back with the pain injections comment and that was the final straw for me.

Archived