Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

You might see in another thread where he says that Welker sucks and is a product of the pats cheating ways. I for one don't see how the league can allow the pats to continue cheating despite having been caught once already but apparently madmike has some inside info that has yet to be made public that proves the Pats are still at it.

Yup saw it.

Shocker.:roll:

Are the doubters finally going to step up and just admit they're wrong?????

What did he do yesterday? he had a 3 yd TD? 5 recs w/ a 7 yard average? He was invisible most of the game. W/ all the weapons they have anyone could put up the #s welker has put up and most of his #s have come in the 2nd halves of blowouts. Welker is a GOOD player, not worth giving up the 2 picks for and not worth$10 mil guaranteed. NE ould be 9-0 ight now if they never got Wes but if they didn't get Moss they wouldn't be 9-0.

What did he do yesterday? he had a 3 yd TD? 5 recs w/ a 7 yard average? He was invisible most of the game. W/ all the weapons they have anyone could put up the #s welker has put up and most of his #s have come in the 2nd halves of blowouts. Welker is a GOOD player, not worth giving up the 2 picks for and not worth$10 mil guaranteed. NE ould be 9-0 ight now if they never got Wes but if they didn't get Moss they wouldn't be 9-0.

You must have forgotten about the two huge punt returns he had where they would have had us pinned at the 10.

In the NFLs biggest regular season game he scored a 4th qtr TD in a game that was decided by four points. I hate the pats but that doesn't mean I'm not capable of giving credit where it's due. Watching Welker with the Dolphins he struck me as a guy with a lot of skills who would be fun to watch given the opportunity to play with a good cast around him. This year he has that and the skills he showed in college and with the Dolphins are clear. Try not to allow personal bias against a particular team make you say silly things like "Wes Welker sucks" when he has a decent shot at 100 catches, 1,000+ yds and 12-15 TDs. Riddiculous.

Bottom line, Homer, is that the Patsies way over payed for him.

Overpaid for him? Did you not hear that the Patriots 3 starting WRs this season are making a total of just over 8 million? I am more than happy giving up a 2nd. for Welker. You would be hard pressed to find a WR like Welker in the 2nd. round.

In the NFLs biggest regular season game he scored a 4th qtr TD in a game that was decided by four points. I hate the pats but that doesn't mean I'm not capable of giving credit where it's due. Watching Welker with the Dolphins he struck me as a guy with a lot of skills who would be fun to watch given the opportunity to play with a good cast around him. This year he has that and the skills he showed in college and with the Dolphins are clear. Try not to allow personal bias against a particular team make you say silly things like "Wes Welker sucks" when he has a decent shot at 100 catches, 1,000+ yds and 12-15 TDs. Riddiculous.

he scored a 3 yard TD ok and I never said wes sucks, i have always said he was GOOD. he is just being made into something he's not.

he scored a 3 yard TD ok and I never said wes sucks, i have always said he was GOOD. he is just being made into something he's not.

I'm not sure what you feel like he's "being made in to" but I for one have only said he's a damn good player with a lot of skills. I'm not sure that the way he's played this season has proven me or a lot of others on the board wrong. In addition, I never named any posters who said he sucked but there are one or two of 'em on here.

You mean the best slot receiver / punt returner combination in the game? Hey, he actually is. He's not being over-rated.

Overpaid for him? Did you not hear that the Patriots 3 starting WRs this season are making a total of just over 8 million? I am more than happy giving up a 2nd. for Welker. You would be hard pressed to find a WR like Welker in the 2nd. round.

Coles was a good pick up for us in the 3rd . :P

• 3 weeks later...
Coles was a good pick up for us in the 3rd . :P

Welker is arguably better than Coles, but Coles only slipped down that far because he had character issues. Mangini would never have drafted him. It's funny that we still have Coles when that is allegedly against the MO of this FO. I guess they are just hypocritical when it comes down to it.

Welker is arguably better than Coles, but Coles only slipped down that far because he had character issues. Mangini would never have drafted him. It's funny that we still have Coles when that is allegedly against the MO of this FO. I guess they are just hypocritical when it comes down to it.

Yeah, they are. Enough of this character b.s.

Elam has a conviction for sexual battery and was kicked out of school for it, and 128 posted yesterday that Ratliff has a conviction; I was not aware of that.

I hate it when people talk out of both sides of their mouth. If you are going to sign players with criminal backgrounds, then just dont be foolish enough to talk about wanting "high character guys".

Welker showed his worth last night.....No need to disparage his talents, only because he plays for the Patriots.

And as great as a receiver as Randy Moss is, I couldn't help but think last night (as the Patriots were struggling to win against a mediocre team) how Moss has been completely shut down in some huge games during his career. In 2 N.F.C. title games Moss has been terrible -- Did nothing against Atlanta's Ray Buchanan in January of 1999, after he led the Vikings had a 15-1 season.

Moss actually "quit" in that game according to some ex-Vikings and that would've put the Vikings in the Super Bowl for the 1st time since 1976!....then was held to 2 receptions for 18 yards by Jason Sehorn in a 41-0 loss to the Giants, a couple seasons after.

Point? At some point I figured Moss might struggle in a big spot.....and it will be up to the others (Welker, Stallworth, ect.) to pick that team up. Last night it happened with Welker and I would not be surprised if he did the same in bigger games.

Welker showed his worth last night.....No need to disparage his talents, only because he plays for the Patriots.

And as great as a receiver as Randy Moss is, I couldn't help but think last night (as the Patriots were struggling to win against a mediocre team) how Moss has been completely shut down in some huge games during his career. In 2 N.F.C. title games Moss has been terrible -- Did nothing against Atlanta's Ray Buchanan in January of 1999, after he led the Vikings had a 15-1 season.

Moss actually "quit" in that game according to some ex-Vikings and that would've put the Vikings in the Super Bowl for the 1st time since 1976!....then was held to 2 receptions for 18 yards by Jason Sehorn in a 41-0 loss to the Giants, a couple seasons after.

Point? At some point I figured Moss might struggle in a big spot.....and it will be up to the others (Welker, Stallworth, ect.) to pick that team up. Last night it happened with Welker and I would not be surprised if he did the same in bigger games.

Overall, Moss has been pretty darn good in the playoffs.

Welker SUCKS. It's very easy to get open underneath when you have Randy Moss acctually trying on your team. Thats all he's a product of. You put him aside from any other WR and he goes back to being the JAG he is.

Does Reggie Wayne suck?

Did Cris Carter suck?

Which one sucked, Swann or Stallworth?

Does Housh suck?

You are a joke.

Does Reggie Wayne suck?

Did Cris Carter suck?

Does Housh suck?

You are a joke.

You forgot Wayne Chrebet. Mike probably thinks he was a by product of Keyshawn Johnson, so Chrebet sucked too.

Welker actually reminds me of Chrebet, he's hard to cover in the slot.

You forgot Wayne Chrebet. Mike probably thinks he was a by product of Keyshawn Johnson, so Chrebet sucked too.

Welker actually reminds me of Chrebet, he's hard to cover in the slot.

Welker is like Super-Chrebet.

If Wayne had as much talent as he had heart, he would be Wes Welker.

i am shocked that 1) Phins let this kid go

and 2) how long this thread is:p

Does Reggie Wayne suck?

Did Cris Carter suck?

Does Housh suck?

You are a joke.

Wayne and Carter proved they can be top level NFL WR's without their no 1 guys. Walker hasn't come close to doing that. He's been mediocre his whole career until he starts playing with a guy who is having one of the best seasons for a WR ever.

But Welker sucks? (according to you, of course).

What exactly are your credentials?

common sense. welker's numbers were about as mediocre as they come before this season and i believe his numbers this season are a product of things having nothing to do with him. what the hell are your or anyone else's hear credentials that make their opinions so much more valid than mine?