Embarrased to be a Jets fan ( Chad's Injury Merged)

Ghost

You saw it wrong... they were cheering becuase he was hurt,... there is an entire thread on this...

First of all I wasn't glad he got hurt, and second of all I was just responding to timbok's statement. Don't get all pi$$y with me because your boy got knocked around today.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You saw it wrong... they were cheering becuase he was hurt,... there is an entire thread on this...

That pissed me off more than the loss did. I thought it was totally classless and I was screaming at the TV for Chad to turn around and flip them all the bird. What a bunch of A$$wipes.

First of all I wasn't glad he got hurt, and second of all I was just responding to timbok's statement. Don't get all pi$$y with me because your boy got knocked around today.

Easy buddy, Im just sayin... look around the baord... there is a multi page thread in which you could be informed of what happened.

That pissed me off more than the loss did. I thought it was totally classless and I was screaming at the TV for Chad to turn around and flip them all the bird. What a bunch of A$$wipes.

Mangini, the offense and Chad did, in a way, flip them all off, when he limped back out there on the next drive and scored!

When Pennington went down a person two rows behind me started laughing and said "Its about time!" If it werent for my friend I wouldve jumped back their and ripped the guys head off...

I would also probably be in jail right now if my friend didnt hold me back, bit damn did that guy deserve to get the sh!t kicked out of him.

When Pennington went down a person two rows behind me started laughing and said "Its about time!" If it werent for my friend I wouldve jumped back their and ripped the guys head off...

I would also probably be in jail right now if my friend didnt hold me back, bit damn did that guy deserve to get the sh!t kicked out of him.

I was screaming at the JERK behind me, I could understand this comming from a patsy fan but fellow JET fans ,the only thing that kept me from punching this idiot in the face ,was the thought of losing my 4 season tickets that finally got upgraded last year after writing in for the request of an upgrade after 22 years.....

Jetcane...it was pretty bad. When he stayed down they started to cheer. When he got up limping they cheered louder. We he went back down even louder. When Penny got some help even louder. When Clemens got the helmet on the place erupted.

It sounded like they were cheering louder at that time than any other point in the game. It was very sad.

I'm a woman, so I can admit that it brought tears to my eyes to see people behaving that way. Disgusting.

The way Chad got up, fell back down, got back up and fell back down again... And then the way came back into the game to put together "The perfect drive" after almost falling down after a simple handoff... The man was in pain, the man showed heart, and he showed alot of courage. A true Champion... And what Chad did will go down in history in terms of players in the NFL playing with Heart. If Chad ever wins a SB... That right there will put him into the HOF...

How about those of us who cheered because we knew Kellen Clemens was in the game? I mentioned to the fans around me that I hope that Chad would be okay, but that I was glad to see Kellen in the game. Unfortunately, Chad returned.

How about those of us who cheered because we knew Kellen Clemens was in the game? I mentioned to the fans around me that I hope that Chad would be okay, but that I was glad to see Kellen in the game. Unfortunately, Chad returned.

Returned and ran a GREAT job on one leg while Clemens did a whole lot of nothing.

Yes, dinking and dunking is a great job. Give it a ****ing rest. 14 ****ing points. Pathetic. Throw it down the field Pussington. He's lucky I gave him a B. This was far from a "great" performance.
I'm not going to bash him. Only note that TD pass Brady made to Moss is a thing of beauty Pennington can only dream about doing. Good defenses can shut his short stuff down and limit the Jets offense. The day is coming when Mangini decides Clemens or soemone else is a better option. I trust he knows better than any of us.

Despite the debate of why the fans were cheering, the fact is that a lot of fans were booing when Chad came back into the game. That should answer the question of whether they were cheering for him, Clemens or the injury. Pretty pathetic really and it makes me embarassed to be a Jets fan.

Maybe I am wrong, but I believe they were cheering because after Chad got off the field Clemens came in. A show of support.

Not for nothing but when was the last time you saw a crowd start cheering "in support" as the backup qb comes on the field while the starter is limping/somersaulting off? Remember the Titans doesn't count by the way.

Not for nothing but when was the last time you saw a crowd start cheering "in support" as the backup qb comes on the field while the starter is limping/somersaulting off? Remember the Titans doesn't count by the way.

I had 5 people at my house watching the game and all five saw it this way too. The fans were clearly cheering because Chad was hurt and Kellen was coming in. I'm ashamed to admit I'm a Jets fan at this point.

Are you serious Joe? I know you're better than this. Pennington was the Jets best player today and showed a ton of heart playing after that injury.

How'd Clemens do today?

LC almost got killed for Chad on a play. He was by far the best player.

Kellen did fine. 5-10, 35 yards and escaped 2 sacks by throwing the ball away twice. What would you like him to do at 31-14 with 6 minutes to go while practicing with the 2nd team all week? Do some John Elway magic? Enough, he looked fine.

I was at work today and have yet to see the game, I'll watch it tomorrow. But, what is the status of CP? is he gonna miss some games or was it just a minor injury?

It looked really serious on the replay but he managed to return to the game while limping badly and wearing a big boot thing over his ankle so I'm still worried.

LC almost got killed for Chad on a play. He was by far the best player.

Kellen did fine. 5-10, 35 yards and escaped 2 sacks by throwing the ball away twice. What would you like him to do at 31-14 with 6 minutes to go while practicing with the 2nd team all week? Do some John Elway magic? Enough, he looked fine.

You're right Coles was great today him and Chad were about the only Jets who showed up today. I wouldn't expect much from Clemens in the situation he played in today, but with all the hype he's been getting he sure didn't show much, especially considering he's supposed to be better than Chad according to some.

Like I've said all offseason, Mangini will play the QB who gives the Jets the best chance to win. Obviously Pennington is better than Clemens right now, but that may not matter much if the OL continues to play like this.

I say that the jets are fine either way. We are really a year or two away from competing if the coaching staff/front office play their cards right. Maybe getting a high draft pick isn't really a bad thing. We can move vilma and d-rob and get a whole bunch of picks this year.

That's not how I saw it on tv.... of course I could be wrong I was in the bar and it was loud.

You saw it wrong. Even Nantz/Simms commented by saying they wouldn't comment because they didn't want to come down too hard...

Whether you like Pennington or not, it was PATHETIC.

The way Chad got up, fell back down, got back up and fell back down again... And then the way came back into the game to put together "The perfect drive" after almost falling down after a simple handoff... The man was in pain, the man showed heart, and he showed alot of courage. A true Champion... And what Chad did will go down in history in terms of players in the NFL playing with Heart. If Chad ever wins a SB... That right there will put him into the HOF...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

I say that the jets are fine either way. We are really a year or two away from competing if the coaching staff/front office play their cards right. Maybe getting a high draft pick isn't really a bad thing. We can move vilma and d-rob and get a whole bunch of picks this year.

Not a bad idea at all, but who do you want behind center again ?

Archived