For Jets fans under the age of 40...

NIGHT STALKER

I've been a Jets fan since 1964...the year the Jets drafted Namath. Except for a tour of duty in Vietnam when the Jets won their only championship in 1969, it's been one season after another of wait until next year. And I don't really count that one SB for myself since I wasn't technically here in the states.

I've watched the revolving door of coaches and players in that span of time...all with their own vision and schemes only to come up emtpy. So, my question to you young fans is, could you go almost another 40 years (like I have) and still be a Jets fan if we haven't won anything. Think about it real good before you answer because 4 decades is a long time and a lot of people like family and friends have passed on. Time and money on this team is like a giant sieve.

There's no question. If when I'm 59 we're sitting in the same spot, I will still be at the stadium, wherever that stadium will be, cheering on our green & white, if they're still the "Jets".:P

Heck, I may not see 59 so I might not have to endure 40 more seasons. You never know when you're time is up!

But, if I'm still here 40 years from now, sure, I definitely will still be a Jets fan. Its in my blood. I wasn't named after Joe Namath for nothin'.::GoJets:

There's no question. If when I'm 59 we're sitting in the same spot, I will still be at the stadium, wherever that stadium will be, cheering on our green & white, if they're still the "Jets".:P

Heck, I may not see 59 so I might not have to endure 40 more seasons. You never know when you're time is up!

But, if I'm still here 40 years from now, sure, I definitely will still be a Jets fan. Its in my blood. I wasn't named after Joe Namath for nothin'.::GoJets:

Good answer Joe...I'm 59 right now. By the time you're 59, I'll be a fixture in some bone orchard. My son tells me nah, he'll have me cremated and will have me sit next to him in an urn the next time the Jets are in the SB...nice kid I got...:eek:

Good answer Joe...I'm 59 right now. By the time you're 59, I'll be a fixture in some bone orchard. My son tells me nah, he'll have me cremated and will have me sit next to him in an urn the next time the Jets are in the SB...nice kid I got...:eek:

He's pretty optimistic as well

Although I havent waited 40 years, I have had to wait the 16 years in between AFC Championship games. I thought we were going to the show in 83, but Mr INT Richard Todd shot that dream down. The Jan 99 loss to Denver was even worse, because we had a 10 point lead after the half. I am still a Jets fan and I dont forsee that ever changing, but I dont want to wait forever either.

O.K. Now this is a topic I can comment on!

First let me say I have been a Jets fan for 25 years. My three kids the day we took them home from the hospital had there pictures taken in there first outfit My oldest son wore a baby Chrebet jersey, My daughter wore a Jets cheerleading dress, and my little guy wore a baby Pennington jersey. All 3 pictures are displayed in our living room. So yes we will be Jet fans through good and bad.

Second I look at being a Jetsfan as being in a bad marriage. We are loyal to the team when they **** all over us year after year. But as a priest says "For better or for worse", "In sickness and in health", "For richer or poorer". So with that being said. I will now touch on the financial aspect you brought up. I have bought jersies, balls, memorabilia for years. We now have a long standing rule in our house since Mr. Hess passed away and with ticket prices raised and parking prices raised and you now have to pay to be on a season ticket list and its all about money. I made it all about money myself. We as a family will not purchase any Jet merchandise until they bring home a winner. We have for years and what we have done over the years is more than enough. Now its payback time, you want revenue then win.

Noone is going to get rich off of me and not give me the results I want in return.

I've been a Jets fan since 1964...the year the Jets drafted Namath. Except for a tour of duty in Vietnam when the Jets won their only championship in 1969, it's been one season after another of wait until next year. And I don't really count that one SB for myself since I wasn't technically here in the states.

I've watched the revolving door of coaches and players in that span of time...all with their own vision and schemes only to come up emtpy. So, my question to you young fans is, could you go almost another 40 years (like I have) and still be a Jets fan if we haven't won anything. Think about it real good before you answer because 4 decades is a long time and a lot of people like family and friends have passed on. Time and money on this team is like a giant sieve.

Absolutely.

I will never jump ship..no matter what the records may be.

I've endured 10...I'll keep it going until I have breathed my last breath.

no, not me. j-mac's drops were the last straw. I'm going to sign up for a username at patriotsarehomos.sissyboys in a couple minutes here.

I don't even know if i like the Jets as much as i hate the pats. I've made two life time vows in football.

Never chear for the Cowboys

Never chear for the Patriots

Ever.

Well in my very few years as a Jets fan I've been blessed with relatively good times, I suppose. True, we haven't won a superbowl, but the past 10 years or so have had quite a few playoff teams, and a couple(the 99 team in particular) of teams that I still think if we got an extra lucky break or two we would have seen the Super Bowl.

However, often it seems like the closer we get, the more it hurts when we're done. The Patriots game last playoffs, the Steelers game, and the Denver game(in reverse order of most painful), were 3 of the worst feelings as a Jets fan.

With that being said, I've seen years we were the worst in the league as well...and regardless, I always love the Jets. When Chad Pennington, LC, and Vilma are all long gone, I'll still love the Jets. If we go 4 straight years of 6 wins or less(I think thats where the Lions are now), I'll still love 'em. I can't imagine pulling for, and at times being miserable about, any other team.

So, my question to you young fans is, could you go almost another 40 years (like I have) and still be a Jets fan if we haven't won anything.

Well, I am 20+ Years in so far. If I live long enough, yes, I would put in another 40 YEars, even if we never win the Big Game.

...Time and money on this team is like a giant sieve.

HAH. Even given the serious side of that, it's still funny. Because it's true.

I'm not under 40, but Jets fan for life. It's just how it is. I was born in '64, and we've had the tickets since the Titans. Oh, lookee here...

jetsplane0ry.jpg

Now I'll probably get pelted with rocks for this, but if we go 8 -8 or worse and miss the PO's, it doesn't overly concern me. That's what rebuilding means, but it's also what the team takes away from the game from week to week. NE, well, that game is what it is. The Ravens, we hung in, and if it wasn't for McDopeins, maybe we're not having this conversation. ST, I'm thinking adjustments will be made. I'm perfectly willing to give Mangini three solid years worth before I get close to being pissy.

P.S.: Thank you for your service.

He seemed like a nice guy last year when I was talking to you guys at the Harley tailgate.

I would expect nothing better from my kid if you raised him the right way (and by that I mean as a Jet Fan).

I don't ever expect the Knicks or Jets to win a championship in my lifetime. I could be one of these frontrunning f@ggots and root for the Michael Jordan's and Tom Brady's of the world but I am a real red-blooded fan and will continue to support my teams no matter how much they let me down.

Excellent post. I started with the Jets in 1960. SB3 was great. IMO too many Jets fans are willing to accept mediocrity rather then demand winning another SB. It is grating on the nerves of most older Jets fans to see wasted money; wasted draft picks; wasted coaching experiences; wasted time rooting for a team that barely makes strides to be decent. Yet, most guys stick with the Jets for the duration. We are all on an emotional roller-coaster with this team. Yet, one day I am confident that we will win another Super Bowl! I just hope I am alive to see it! 40 years is a long, long time to be without another SB ring. Go Jets!

no, not me. j-mac's drops were the last straw. I'm going to sign up for a username at patriotsarehomos.sissyboys in a couple minutes here.

I don't even know if i like the Jets as much as i hate the pats. I've made two life time vows in football.

Never chear for the Cowboys

Never chear for the Patriots

Ever.

Is the 3rd one to never spell c-h-e-e-r correctly? lolsc

Is the 3rd one to never spell c-h-e-e-r correctly? lolsc

no no no, i mean like holiday 'chear'...or wait? that's probably wrong too...English and me sort of had a miss at somepoint.

i tried to give you rep, but i have shown you too much man love in the past...i owe you one.

He seemed like a nice guy last year when I was talking to you guys at the Harley tailgate.

I would expect nothing better from my kid if you raised him the right way (and by that I mean as a Jet Fan).

Oh yeah, he's a good kid (kid...LOL...he's 23)...it was his way of telling me that by hook or crook, I will be there with him. I just hope he doesn't trip somewhere and the ashes go all over...:bag:

no no no, i mean like holiday 'chear'...or wait? that's probably wrong too...English and me sort of had a miss at somepoint.

i tried to give you rep, but i have shown you too much man love in the past...i owe you one.

I think you can only spell cheer with 2 e's lol.

And drago you can never give me too much manlove haha

And to answer the main question I will always be a Jet fan through good times and bad...mostly bad times.

This is one of the reasons I think on the whole Jets fans are some of the best in sports. I mean look at this board too, we have one of the best sports boards on the net. We have fans that are passionate about this team even though we've been bad far too often. We will have bandwagon fans when we start winning but look around, these are true fans here. I love it.

If you think about it, 40 years is a preety long damn time. Sometimes couting to 40 takes long. As a diehard Jet fan, I'll wait. I just want to witness ONE SUPERBOWL before my time is done. I pray it's sometime soon.

This is one of the reasons I think on the whole Jets fans are some of the best in sports. I mean look at this board too, we have one of the best sports boards on the net. We have fans that are passionate about this team even though we've been bad far too often. We will have bandwagon fans when we start winning but look around, these are true fans here. I love it.

Well, I'm mad as hell and i'm outta here.

C ya!

Wouldnt wanna be ya!

:character0183:

Originally Posted by drago

When you were typing that you would not want to cheer for N.E., you must have been thinking "cheat" so you stuck the "a" in cheer.

:biggrin:

Good point.

Archived