Will Chad Pennington be a starting QB in the NFL in 2008?

ECURB

Will Chad Pennington be a starting QB in the NFL in 2008?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will Chad Pennington be a starting QB in the NFL in 2008?

I think its a great question. There are some desperate teams out there so I voted yes. But I'd be bummed if my team was going into 2008 with Chad at the helm. I guess I'd be less bummed if there was a young stud waiting in the wings.

I think he would be a great fit for a Dome team that needs a Quarterback who can manage a game, a team like the Vikings who actually have a solid Defense and a great running game would be a perfect fit for Chad because the man usually plays Lights out in domes.

Alot of people are saying Chad would be great in Chicago... I say... No he wouldnt. Chicago is named the windy city for a reason. With Chads arm and Chicagos Wind, that dont seem like a great combo.

Now a team like the Chiefs would be a perfect fit for Chad... Hand the ball of to LJ 30 plus times a game, have a TE in Gonzalez who can make the tough catch, and a coach in Herm who would love to have Chad to help manage the clock.

WHO GIVES A ****!?

I don't and neither should anyone else.

This thread is completely pointless. Ecurb, get over Chad for your own sake.

Is it?

Obviously a majority of JN think he will be a starter... if he is good enough to start for another team... that speaks volumes about the chitty coaching and FO work...

If the backup QB on a 1-9 team is good enough o start in the NFL... there are some SERIOUS problems with the CS and FO...

Is it?

Obviously a majority of JN think he will be a starter... if he is good enough to start for another team... that speaks volumes about the chitty coaching and FO work...

If the backup QB on a 1-9 team is good enough o start in the NFL... there are some SERIOUS problems with the CS and FO...

Right now Brooks Bollinger is starting for an NFL team. I don't see how you can draw that conclusion. All it means is he's better than the starter on another team. Doesn't mean he's better than the starter on a GOOD team.

Mangini's laying an egg this year, but one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Right now Brooks Bollinger is starting for an NFL team. I don't see how you can draw that conclusion. All it means is he's better than the starter on another team. Doesn't mean he's better than the starter on a GOOD team.

Mangini's laying an egg this year, but one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I agree.. Heck Vinny is still starting and he's closing in on the real retirement age.

But I will say this, if Chad goes to Minnesota and they go like 11-5 and win a playoff game or he goes to KC and they go like 10-6 and make the playoffs while the Jets lay another egg, it will say a lot about this coaching staff and front office. A lot of bad things.

If Mcnabb is available, I'd imagine he'd probably go to Chicago more so than Minnesota. Chad would fit perfectly in Minnesota......

I agree.. Heck Vinny is still starting and he's closing in on the real retirement age.

But I will say this, if Chad goes to Minnesota and they go like 11-5 and win a playoff game or he goes to KC and they go like 10-6 and make the playoffs while the Jets lay another egg, it will say a lot about this coaching staff and front office. A lot of bad things.

If Mcnabb is available, I'd imagine he'd probably go to Chicago more so than Minnesota. Chad would fit perfectly in Minnesota......

Someone told me Chicago is McNabb's hometown, I can see that happen. I don't know if the Eagles will let him go, but they probably should. It's clear that will no longer work. People say NY sports fans are impatient and bad, but we have way more loyalty than those terrible Philly fans. First of all, at least a large part of our fanbase was still loyal to Chad even as a player. And those of us that wanted a switch? We still liked Chad the person and always had wanted him to do well, it's just we didn't think he could. Those guys out on Philly? They actually hate McNabb the player and person and have absolutely nothing good to say about him, or any respect for his achievements at all. What a joke of a city.

Presuming Brad Childress is still the HC, McNabb would definetly choose Minny over Chicago. Loves the HC, Decent defence, dome stadium and of course PETERSON!!!

Someone told me Chicago is McNabb's hometown, I can see that happen. I don't know if the Eagles will let him go, but they probably should. It's clear that will no longer work. People say NY sports fans are impatient and bad, but we have way more loyalty than those terrible Philly fans. First of all, at least a large part of our fanbase was still loyal to Chad even as a player. And those of us that wanted a switch? We still liked Chad the person and always had wanted him to do well, it's just we didn't think he could. Those guys out on Philly? They actually hate McNabb the player and person and have absolutely nothing good to say about him, or any respect for his achievements at all. What a joke of a city.

Philly fans are awful. In fairness alot of ours aren't much better.:confused0082:

Yes. Chicago or Minnesota will give him a chance, he will beat out a bunch of scrubs and become a starter for either franchise for a couple of seasons. I'm hoping Chad lands in Minnesota where he can be somewhat successful with him being able to hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson 25 times a game.

I could probably come up with 10 teams

1) Miami

2) Buffalo: Unless they are sold on Edwards

3) Jacksonville

4) Baltimore

5) KC

6) Philly: If McNabb goes.

7) Minnesota

8) Chicago

9) Atlanta

10) Carolina

Jacksonville??

What the hell has Garrard done to merrit getting dropped. He was playing great before his injury.

I could probably come up with 10 teams

1) Miami

2) Buffalo: Unless they are sold on Edwards

3) Jacksonville

4) Baltimore

5) KC

6) Philly: If McNabb goes.

7) Minnesota

8) Chicago

9) Atlanta

10) Carolina

Buffalo clearly looks sold on either Losman or Edwards (actually they seem to like them both). No way I see them demoting BOTH of them for yet another QB who just got demoted.

Jacksonville makes no sense to me. Though one could argue that Pennington's "catchable" passes would be an asset to their 3 enormous, "no-hands" WR's, I don't see why they would be unhappy with Garrard & wish to "upgrade" to a QB who was doing far worse with far better receivers at his disposal this season.

Philly I'd say is a real long shot as well. The one thing they have at WR are deep threats; I don't see how Pennington is an upgrade. In addition to McNabb (who is still under contract), they just took a QB in the 2nd round. Like Buffalo, I don't see Pennington displacing/demoting TWO quarterbacks who are already on the team.

Carolina could have maybe used him this year. I don't see how Smith & Carter need a short-range QB personally. Only reason he'd be of value is b/c Delhomme got hurt. With Delhomme healthy, there is zero chance Pennington starts for them; he was off to a great start (albeit against lousy defenses). They also shelled out $ to Carr & doubt they dump him so fast. I think he generally sucks, but he's had a bad back & he has a far better arm than he's displayed.

All the others you mentioned I could see, though.

Archived