Thank You Mike Westhoff

K2C

Thats too bad to hear. I wish him the best and hope his health improves. You hate to see something like this regardless of what team you root for.

I know I've been messing around the last couple of days and really trooling hard, but in all sincerity that is really bad news and I am very sorry to hear that. I hope that everything works out for him and he gets better soon.

Wow, Westhoff was amazing. My thanks to him and congrats on an amazing coaching career. 26 years in the NFL I believe.

He'll be a huge loss. He did say he's going to stay with the Jets, just not as a coach. I'm sure he'll still have a lot of input and they'll use a lot of his schemes on ST. He just won't be around for game time, which will hurt a lot. He also left the door open for a return after next season, so let's hope for that.

Wow. This really sucks. Westhoff was the best Special Teams coach in the game and will surely be missed. Hopefully the new ST coach will not try to change anything up. This unit has been one of the best in the league, and at times THE best in the league, for a long time because of Mike. You had to love Westhoff's firery ways.

• 7 months later...

Archived