What would you grade the Jets Draft?

JetsFanNick12

What i don't get about the Keller pick is how come none of us had heard of him? He looks like a legit player, great hands, great speed, average blocker...But so was Greg Olsen. Last year all we heard about was Olsen and that we needed a playmaking tight end. Maybe it was due to our draft position last year but it is just strange to me that both got selected in the same spot yet keller is the unknown.

You never heard of Keller? Think Dallas Clark or Chris Cooley but faster. He's more of a WR than a TE but I think Franks and Baker can block just fine so we don't really need him to be a TE.

What i don't get about the Keller pick is how come none of us had heard of him? He looks like a legit player, great hands, great speed, average blocker...But so was Greg Olsen. Last year all we heard about was Olsen and that we needed a playmaking tight end. Maybe it was due to our draft position last year but it is just strange to me that both got selected in the same spot yet keller is the unknown.

Keller slipped under the radar as did Marques Colston of the Saints.As mentioned ealier is he a WR or a TE. I like the pick watch the highlight film you too will be amazed and impressed.I am.

If Ainge is ever on the field for the Jets during a regular season game we're either winning or losing by a lot, or Clemens and Pennington have died.

LMFAO Why did the NYJETS draft a college backup QB Why? Unless of course they just had to do something stupid on draft day or it wouldnt be the same.

Keller slipped under the radar as did Marques Colston of the Saints.As mentioned ealier is he a WR or a TE. I like the pick watch the highlight film you too will be amazed and impressed.I am.

huge difference between colston and keller as far as slipping under the radar. Colson went in Rd 7, Keller went in RD 1. I agree though that Keller was a solid pick, and Im impressed with what ive seen on video

i would say a solid B. i think every player selected can start this year except the corner we picked up in round 4(maybe safety)nate garner blocked for two first round running backs. he`s gohlsten=suggs keller=a better shockey. the bills had a much better draft A+ in my book

I say a B+... I am stil getting over "that player" being gone.... Thought i Might get his jersey nop matter who he went too... but Patriots,giants,bills,dolphins or raiders... so I guess I cant anymore :(

I think Keller wil be Awesome!!! he reminds me of Kellen winslow only quicker...

I give it a B (or a B+ if u include Kenkins) could be a little higher or a little lower I think most of this draft will depend on how well DK plays for us. VG will be boom of bust, needed CB depth, took a slight gamble on EA but we do and will always need a backup QB, Big WR has been missing for a while, can't go wrong with O line depth. Not Bad

1. Gholston - Was not the guy I wanted, but was the correct pick due to the situation.

2. Keller - Shocker here, but great potential. Surprised the Jets gave up their second 4th. I would have preferred to stay put and select Curtis Lofton, but I guess the offensive play-maker need outweighed another defensive move in the Jets war room.

3. Lowery - If this kid moves to safety and can compete with Elam and Smith, then this will be a nice move, as his ball-hawk instincts will compliment Rhodes' skill set nicely. He will not see the field as a CB and if the Jets plan to use him there, then this was a poor selection.

4. Ainge - The Jets had him high on their board, so this was a value pick. Ainge was up and down at UT, but the former QB coach for both of the Mannings, who also coached Erik, says this kid has all the tools to be successful in the NFL. Time will tell.

5. Henry - Nice player, but will never amount to more than a 3rd WR. That is alright for the Jets, as he gives them another large target along with Keller in the red zone.

6. Garner - Big guy that provides excellent run-blocking o-line depth.

* Kris Jenkins - If all goes as planned, this could be the best use of the Jets 2008 draft picks.

Too many risk/reward boom/bust types that will be dependent upon making successful transitions to new roles at their respective positions (Jenkins to 3-4 NT; Gholston to 3-4 OLB; Keller to H-Back; Lowery to S) to give the Jets higher than a B. They need to address D-line depth, ILB depth, DB depth, and O-line depth in their UDFA endeavors. Perhaps Ali Highsmith would bump the Jets grade to a B+ in my book.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/ali-highsmith?id=254

If Ainge is ever on the field for the Jets during a regular season game we're either winning or losing by a lot, or Clemens and Pennington have died.

As IrishJet and kobe24 would say... this is...

-REAL TALK-

Ask again around 8PM on December 28th. How can you judge anything now? I've ever understood otherwise.Grading a draft before a season or even a game is played is silly.

Well I assume the thread was started just for the point of a topic to talk about, I did'nt think it asked you to go jump off a bridge, now that would be silly ease up have a little fun we won't hold it to ya GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZEEEEE

Ask again around 8PM on December 28th. How can you judge anything now? I've ever understood otherwise.Grading a draft before a season or even a game is played is silly.

Same here. Unless they took guys with 5th round grades in rounds 1-2, in which case you give them an "F" for value, you cannot judge these guys until you see them play against NFL talent.

There aren't any game results to go with but under the heading of sincere possibilities - I'll give them A- especially when Jenkins is factored in, which he should be because it cost us picks.

I dont fully understand the Ainge pick - but it seems like everytime watched a Tennessee game Ainge looked bad.

There aren't any game results to go with but under the heading of sincere possibilities - I'll give them A- especially when Jenkins is factored in, which he should be because it cost us picks.

I dont fully understand the Ainge pick - but it seems like everytime watched a Tennessee game Ainge looked bad.

The Ainge pick has me puzzled becuase in the games I saw for the most part he was not very impressive. Who knows maybe I will be all wrong and he has a career in the NFL.

The Ainge pick has me puzzled becuase in the games I saw for the most part he was not very impressive. Who knows maybe I will be all wrong and he has a career in the NFL.

I'm hoping that too buddy:)

I'd give it a B+. I think not having a 3rd roun pick kind of hurt us. There were some big names that lasted until 3 and we couldn't take advantage of it. We took the guy I wanted #1 Vernon Gholston should be in Bradys face for years to come. a suprise pick with #1b But prob the best wr/te available.

we did have a third round, his name was chris jenkins dt. I think even with jenkins it was a B- to B+. gholston was an A, Keller was a C (reaction pick to me), trading for jenkins was a B, Lowry was a B-, Ainge was an A- (for where we got him), Henry was a C, and the OT I'v never even heard of and there were some rated guys still left so I have to give that one a D+. I think we can get some good contributers with the udfa and see who gets cut. No one will really know till about 4 years how good this draft was, so this was just my intial feelings.

I'd consider this draft okay. Maybe.

Gholston can be a beast (if he wants to be). And lets not forget that our draft is also tied to the players we got in FA.

That's the good.

Then there's a TE we reached very high for, but does appear to have talent. (but can't block)

A slow, but tough WR,. And a CB that has a lot going for him, but is short, and doesn't open up his hips fast enough.

That's the mediocre.

Then there's a QB that won't cut it, and a OT that will be a practice squad player.

That's the bad.

Archived