What would you grade the Jets Draft?

JetsFanNick12

I give it a A-

we addressed all our needs I believe....

I'd give it a B+. I think not having a 3rd roun pick kind of hurt us. There were some big names that lasted until 3 and we couldn't take advantage of it. We took the guy I wanted #1 Vernon Gholston should be in Bradys face for years to come. a suprise pick with #1b But prob the best wr/te available.

C-

Vernon Gholston? Was the smart pick after Ryan was gone and SHOULD wreak havoc on Tom Brady and the rest of the AFC East for the next decade.

Dustin Keller? Better hope he isn't like previous Jets 1st round Tight End busts. This guy better be the next Dallas Clark or Chris Cooley.

Dwight Lowery? Ballhawk at SDSU, but in the NFL projects as a Safety. Did the Jets really need another safety?

Erik Ainge? Are you kidding me? Chad Pennington + 3 inches of height. Career back-up.

Marcus Henry? 6'4 WR with bad game speed, butt will help in the redzone, but shouldn't that be Keller's job? Shouldn't the Jets get a speed receiver in here to compete with Chansi Stuckey who hasn't played an NFL regular season down?

Nate Garner? Who? Glad to see the Jets waited to address their weakest position of depth in the 7th round and 7th round only with a no name.

I'd give it a B.

-Gholston was the obvious selection at #6, could be great.

-Didn't like the Keller pick because of how it went down, don't think we had to trade. That being said I really like him as a player.

-Nice to see we picked up a CB, a Big tall (pretty fast) WR and get some depth on the O-line.

-Not a fan of the Ainge pick at all, he was one of the QB's I really did not like in this draft.

I'd have to give this draft a C. Fairly right in the middle. I miagine drafting a TE in the first round means Baker is gone. Where does Gholston play and who does he play over? Is he a stand up guy on the outside or an arm down guy at DE? How much money are we going to invest in the defense while the offense continues to sputter? Are we trying to be the Baltimore Ravens of a few years past with a great D (which is yet to be seen) and an offense that won't win you games but won't lose them. It's very interesting the direction this team is taking.

C-

Vernon Gholston? Was the smart pick after Ryan was gone and SHOULD wreak havoc on Tom Brady and the rest of the AFC East for the next decade.

Dustin Keller? Better hope he isn't like previous Jets 1st round Tight End busts. This guy better be the next Dallas Clark or Chris Cooley.

Dwight Lowery? Ballhawk at SDSU, but in the NFL projects as a Safety. Did the Jets really need another safety?

Erik Ainge? Are you kidding me? Chad Pennington + 3 inches of height. Career back-up.

Marcus Henry? 6'4 WR with bad game speed, butt will help in the redzone, but shouldn't that be Keller's job? Shouldn't the Jets get a speed receiver in here to compete with Chansi Stuckey who hasn't played an NFL regular season down?

Nate Garner? Who? Glad to see the Jets waited to address their weakest position of depth in the 7th round and 7th round only with a no name.

What 7th rounder has a name? All these picks are generally training camp fodder anyway.

Im going to say B.

Only one real impact player selected at #6 with Gholston. Keller is a good TE, but he isnt good enough to be a real starter, at least not yet. I would have been fine with drafting Keller at 30 if we didnt have to give up our 2nd and one of our 4th rounders for him. Especially when we could have gotten someone the likes of Limas Sweed or James Hardy with our 2nd rounder, and someone like Dre Moore or Hampton with the 4th we had to trade away.

I like Garner with the 7th pick, but he, Ainge, and Henry will all be buried on the depth chart this year. Lowry might be a starter, but thats only because of incredibly weak compettition at the #2 CB spot.

So one immediate impacy player in six picks does not deserve an A IMO, in fact, I think my B is a little generous.

B+

I'd have liked to added another tailback and some depth on the defensive line, but we really didn't have enough picks to address everything. I'm not a huge Gholston fan, but we had no other choice. Could have done without trading back into the first round as well, but I absolutely love the Ainge and Henry picks.

C-

Gholston was the obvious pick at 6. There was really no one else other than maybe Ellis who could bring value at 6.

If Keller performs up to his billing for us, our first round will be very nice.

Later rounds were done well enough.

B...no ILB or speed reciever..we could of definetly used a third round pick, so big names came off the board in that round...

Guys slipped all over the place and instead the Jets took guys who I'd never heard of so I can't rate the draft too highly. Ainge over Goff broke my heart.

1. Vernon Gholston A+

1a. Dustin Keller A-

4. Dwight Lowery B-

5. Erik Ainge A

6. Marcus Henry A

7. Nate Garner A

OVERALL= A

now let's see who they bring in as UDFA's to add a little competition and maybe even some depth at LB, CB, DE, and WR

A the Gholston pick was a no brainer moving up to pick Keller could be the best move of the entire draft.

The Ainge pick was a reach hes a backup.I dont understand it at all.

What i don't get about the Keller pick is how come none of us had heard of him? He looks like a legit player, great hands, great speed, average blocker...But so was Greg Olsen. Last year all we heard about was Olsen and that we needed a playmaking tight end. Maybe it was due to our draft position last year but it is just strange to me that both got selected in the same spot yet keller is the unknown.

DRAFT PICKS WITH GRADES:

1.6 DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State: Boom or bust pass rusher was the only logical choice. Grade: B+.

1.30 TE Dustin Keller, Purdue: The Jets lack tall red zone targets, Keller has soft hands. Grade: B.

4.113 CB Dwight Lowery, Akron: Not fast corner, but ballhawk with 9 Int's in 2006. Grade C+.

5.162 QB Erik Ainge, Tennessee: Nephew of NBA star Danny, not a great arm, a #3QB. Grade C.

6.171 WR Marcus Henry, Kansas: NYJ need size at wide receiver, Henry has a chance. Grade C-.

7.211 OT Nate Garner, Arkansas: Smart run blocker could provide depth. Grade C-.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/AFCEast.cfm#NYJ

I will have the full Jets draft review for Max tonight.

grade =B

S Ellis will be the best defensive player in draft

Never heard of the CB, would have loved to get kid from PSU (King)

passed on all top WR's, Dustin better be good.

Keller basically is a WR. And YES, Keller will be a great fit in this Offense. Marcus Henry has a ton of potential as the big WR we've needed for a long time here. Lowery is good but they could have done better. With the right coaching he could be very good though.

Archived