8 P-Squad

QB E Ainge

WR M Henry

WR P Raymond

OT N Garner

DE R Pitoitua

LB B Rankart

DB R Burgess

Good job. I think the WRs will break down that way (although the depth chart might read differently). I think Clowney can make some noise especially if Stuckey doesn't stay healthy.

Running backs? How do you cut either Chatman or Smith? So that might break down that way as well. Caulcrick? They have to keep this guy. He is battle tested before he ever stepped on the football field. One look at him and you realize, he is someone you want on the roster.

Need more depth on the Offensive Line though. They are thin there. It will most likely come at the expense of one to the linebackers that is listed there.

Caulcrick? They have to keep this guy. He is battle tested before he ever stepped on the football field.

I agree Maxie - plus the guys got mega-heart.

Here's a piece of an article from the Tribune about him:

Javon Ringer is an understanding man. He understands that in goal-line situations last year, using a 5-foot-9-inch, 202-pound tailback was not as effective an option as hurling a human asteroid at the defense.

So Ringer piled up the yards, 1,447 in 2007. Meanwhile, his Michigan State backfield mate, 255-pound Jehuu Caulcrick, pile-drove his way to 21 touchdowns.

"Me and Jehuu, I thought we had a nice little setup," said Ringer, who scored six times himself. "I'd set them up, and he'd knock them down.

"I never complained about it at all. I enjoy seeing my teammates get success. That's why when he scored, I was one of the first people out there to congratulate him."

In 2008, if Ringer isn't doing some self-congratulation, Michigan State is in trouble. After splitting the workload last year

they'll never sneak Henry through waivers. He makes the cut based on draft position. They are already parting ways with Ainge who is just awful.

I agree. I can't see them waiving Ainge, Henry and Garner. That's like an admission that the draft sucked. Maybe if one or two end up on IR. Probably one less CB or LB, but it's a hell of a lot better job than I'd have done.

Any idea how Mattison is doing? I thought he'd be interesting, but I haven't heard a thing in camp. That can't be good. Ihedigbo sounds like he is doing well. Guys like that might make it if they are monsters on specials, but that would probably bump Spencer who I assume is making is as a ST'er.

I agree. I can't see them waiving Ainge, Henry and Garner. That's like an admission that the draft sucked. Maybe if one or two end up on IR. Probably one less CB or LB, but it's a hell of a lot better job than I'd have done.

Any idea how Mattison is doing? I thought he'd be interesting, but I haven't heard a thing in camp. That can't be good. Ihedigbo sounds like he is doing well. Guys like that might make it if they are monsters on specials, but that would probably bump Spencer who I assume is making is as a ST'er.

I'll tell ya Dom, look at New England's draft class from last season and you'll see more of their draftees on our team now than made it past week 4 of theirs last year (does that make sense?) in other words I HOPE the days are gone when we are concerned with such things like "maybe we screwed up before so let's KEEP screwing up so we can avoid people knowing we did...." If the draftees ain't good and there's better guys out there then cut them....

I'll tell ya Dom, look at New England's draft class from last season and you'll see more of their draftees on our team now than made it past week 4 of theirs last year (does that make sense?) in other words I HOPE the days are gone when we are concerned with such things like "maybe we screwed up before so let's KEEP screwing up so we can avoid people knowing we did...." If the draftees ain't good and there's better guys out there then cut them....

I hope so too, but I don't think that they added enough players that they couldn't find anybody in those last three rounds that could help that 4-12 disaster. I don't want them keeping anybody based on draft position, but I'm hoping their picks are better than those late round scuds the Pats have been dumping. I think that Garner, like Bender last year, was a project from the start. Henry and Ainge have both been dinged. There is plenty of reason to believe they all might be better than they've looked.

You only have 7 PS players. No big deal tho as nobody at this time could get 3 or 4

right the way Mangini adds and deletes players.

Too many RBs. I could see Montgomery making it also on the OL.

BTW does anyone know who is the Center when Mangold isn't in?

According to the NYJ site, Montgomery

they'll never sneak Henry through waivers. He makes the cut based on draft position. They are already parting ways with Ainge who is just awful.

A 6th round pick doesn't exactly mean much, he can easily be put on the practice squad. Especially since the other recievers look much better.

You only have 7 PS players. No big deal tho as nobody at this time could get 3 or 4

right the way Mangini adds and deletes players.

Too many RBs. I could see Montgomery making it also on the OL.

BTW does anyone know who is the Center when Mangold isn't in?

Will Montgomery. He will be on the team.

The Pats draft last year? Its kind of tough for a rookie to get a roster spot when they are drafted by the Pats.

I know that Jets fans love to point out that the Pats cut most of their picks last year, but give me a break.

You failed to mention that the Pats traded draft picks to get Randy Moss and Wes Welker last year.

23 TD receptions for Moss and 112 receptions for Welker in 2007. Not too shabby.

The Pats draft last year? Its kind of tough for a rookie to get a roster spot when they are drafted by the Pats.

I know that Jets fans love to point out that the Pats cut most of their picks last year, but give me a break.

You failed to mention that the Pats traded draft picks to get Randy Moss and Wes Welker last year.

23 TD receptions for Moss and 112 receptions for Welker in 2007. Not too shabby.

they still had like 10 picks and only kept Merriweather-their 1st rounder

Um... he's not insulting the Pats. SFJ wants the Jets to be like the Pats and show no loyalty to draft picks. He only mentioned the Pats because the Jets have a couple of guys from the Pats last drafts. Kareem Brown and either Turner or Odenburg were Pats draft picks.

EDIT: Ok, maybe he was.

Um... he's not insulting the Pats. SFJ wants the Jets to be like the Pats and show no loyalty to draft picks. He only mentioned the Pats because the Jets have a couple of guys from the Pats last drafts. Kareem Brown and either Turner or Odenburg were Pats draft picks.

EDIT: Ok, maybe he was.

no, you were exactly right Dom

What happened? Did I kill Kenny?

Haha.

SoFla ripped the Pats front office to pieces over last years draft. I feel that wasn't deserved.

The Pats don't draft as high as the Jets and also have a pretty good roster. I just don't get why people are so fixated on the draft.

Offense - 25

QB - 3

1. Favre

2. Clemens

3. Ratliff

RB - 4

1. Jones

2. Washington

3. Chatman

4. M.Smith

FB - 2

1. Richardson

2. Caulcrick

WR - 5

1. Coles

2. Cotchery

3. B.Smith

4. Stuckey

5. Clowney

TE - 3

1. Baker

2. Franks

3. Keller

OL - 8

LT. Ferguson

LG. Faneca

C. Mangold

RG. Moore

RT. Woody

6. Bender

7. Turner

8. McChesney

------------------------------

Defense - 25

DE - 4

1. Ellis

2. K.Coleman

3. DeVito

4. Brown

NT - 3

1. Jenkins

2. Pouha

3. Mosley

LB - 9

1. Pace

2. Thomas

3. Harris

4. Barton

5. Gholston

6. Bowens

7. Chatham

8. Murrell

9. Spencer

CB - 5

1. Revis

2. Miller

3. Poteat

4. Lowery

5. D.Coleman

S - 4

1. Rhodes

2. E.Smith

3. Elam

4. Worrell

Special Teams - 3

LS - Dearth

K - Nugent

P - Graham

IR

OLB Trusnik

ILB Kassell

Practice Squad - 8

QB - Ainge

WR - Henry

WR - Raymond

OL - Garner

DE - Mattison

LB - Renkart

DB - Girault

DB - Burgess

Offense - 25

QB - 3

1. Favre

2. Clemens

3. Ratliff

RB - 4

1. Jones

2. Washington

3. Chatman

4. M.Smith

FB - 2

1. Richardson

2. Caulcrick

WR - 5

1. Coles

2. Cotchery

3. B.Smith

4. Stuckey

5. Clowney

TE - 3

1. Baker

2. Franks

3. Keller

OL - 8

LT. Ferguson

LG. Faneca

C. Mangold

RG. Moore

RT. Woody

6. Bender

7. Turner

8. McChesney

Defense - 25

DE - 4

1. Ellis

2. K.Coleman

3. DeVito

4. Brown

NT - 3

1. Jenkins

2. Pouha

3. Mosley

LB - 9

1. Pace

2. Thomas

3. Harris

4. Barton

5. Gholston

6. Bowens

7. Chatham

8. Murrell

9. Spencer

CB - 5

1. Revis

2. Miller

3. Poteat

4. Lowery

5. D.Coleman

S - 4

1. Rhodes

2. E.Smith

3. Elam

4. Worrell

Special Teams - 3

LS - Dearth

K - Nugent

P - Graham

IR

OLB Trusnik

ILB Kassell

Practice Squad - 8

QB - Ainge

WR - Henry

WR - Raymond

OL - Garner

DE - Mattison

LB - Renkart

DB - Girault

DB - Burgess

OL - Bender better play better then he did in Cleveland - I think he had at least 2-3 false starts - plus Gholston been beating up on him in practice according to the scribes

DE - Devito was also thrown around in Cleveland he better improve as well over next 3 games

LB - Murrell or Spencer are gone - Murrell looked pretty good in Cleveland tho

TE - I dont see them giving up on that 5th rounder Pocshiate or whatever his name is

CB - David Barrett just re-work his contract

3 players to back up 1 RB and 2 players to back up 5 offensive linemen? And 6 WR's when it looks like Keller will be lining up at WR as often as he lines up at TE?

I'll believe all of that when I see it.

Also (and I could be way off on this) I thought Mosely only played DT in 4-man fronts; otherwise he lines up at end. I don't remember him ever lining up at 0. No one ha as many backup nose tackles as on all 5 OL positions combined, no matter how many positions Damien Woody has experience at.

Barrett is getting cut (unless, as 124 mentioned, he takes a pay cut). Can't see us paying $3.6M for a 4th string CB. It'll probably be either Drew Coleman or David Barrett, but not both. And if they're at around the same level on the depth chart, Coleman makes almost nothing compared to Barrett.

I think Musa Smith gets cut & he's in there to battle with Chatman who will win the #3 job since he has the most starting experience (particularly of late) and with greater success. One could argue that they'd keep Smith for short-yardage, but I think Caulcrick can fill that role just as well. It's not like Smith was some touchdown machine for Baltimore, plus he's about as durable as Chad Pennington.

Think Pociask makes it for some reason & Wallace Wright doesn't. But he's anything but a lock.

3 players to back up 1 RB and 2 players to back up 5 offensive linemen? And 6 WR's when it looks like Keller will be lining up at WR as often as he lines up at TE?

I'll believe all of that when I see it.

Also (and I could be way off on this) I thought Mosely only played DT in 4-man fronts; otherwise he lines up at end. I don't remember him ever lining up at 0. No one ha as many backup nose tackles as on all 5 OL positions combined, no matter how many positions Damien Woody has experience at.

Barrett is getting cut (unless, as 124 mentioned, he takes a pay cut). Can't see us paying $3.6M for a 4th string CB. It'll probably be either Drew Coleman or David Barrett, but not both. And if they're at around the same level on the depth chart, Coleman makes almost nothing compared to Barrett.

I think Musa Smith gets cut & he's in there to battle with Chatman who will win the #3 job since he has the most starting experience (particularly of late) and with greater success. One could argue that they'd keep Smith for short-yardage, but I think Caulcrick can fill that role just as well. It's not like Smith was some touchdown machine for Baltimore, plus he's about as durable as Chad Pennington.

Think Pociask makes it for some reason & Wallace Wright doesn't. But he's anything but a lock.

Wallace Wright basically said in the game the other night -- coach you ain't cutting me. anyone see him on Special Teams? He plays special teams at a Pro Bowl level. he is on this team.

Musa Smith -- I tend to agree with that now, he will probably get cut.

If i were to update it today these are the changes i'd make:

No Musa Smith - Jesse Chatman looks better.

No Caulcrick - maybe they take a chance and put him on the taxi squad

No Clowney (IR?) - sorry charlie you can't play football with a broken collarbone. IR becoming a yearly tradition.

Yes Kentwin Cummings - they have to find a spot for this dude

Yes marcus Henry - Clowney going down opens the door

Yes Posciak - I agree he just might stick, he definately deserves to but it will be a numbers game at TE

and three "surprises" that probably won't happen but should:

no Matt Chatham - sucks on real D, invisible on ST, who needs him?

no Bubba Franks - dropping everything... I want him to be good but he's not anymore.

no Kellen Clemens - I don't even want to see him on this team as a backup. If someone else picks him up and starts him, I hope they are on the Jets schedule b/c he stinks. all praises to Ratliff!

Franks makes it just to ease the language barrier with Favre.

Clemens makes it because one QB has to know the playbook. But stick a fork in him, I agree with the talent part. And I had high hopes for him.

If i were to update it today these are the changes i'd make:

No Musa Smith - Jesse Chatman looks better.

No Caulcrick - maybe they take a chance and put him on the taxi squad

No Clowney (IR?) - sorry charlie you can't play football with a broken collarbone. IR becoming a yearly tradition.

Yes Kentwin Cummings - they have to find a spot for this dude

Yes marcus Henry - Clowney going down opens the door

Yes Posciak - I agree he just might stick, he definately deserves to but it will be a numbers game at TE

and three "surprises" that probably won't happen but should:

no Matt Chatham - sucks on real D, invisible on ST, who needs him?

no Bubba Franks - dropping everything... I want him to be good but he's not anymore.

no Kellen Clemens - I don't even want to see him on this team as a backup. If someone else picks him up and starts him, I hope they are on the Jets schedule b/c he stinks. all praises to Ratliff!

Now I agree with the roster. Only thing I don't agree with is Clemens. IMO he will be on the team this year. Next year is another question

Your surprises very well might happen except Clemens

25 Offense

3 QB

QB Brett Farve

QB B Ratliff

QB K Clemens

6 RB

RB T Jones

RB L Washington

RB J Chatman

RB M Smith

FB T Richardson

FB J Caulcrick

6 WR

WR L Coles

WR J Cotchery

WR C Stuckey

WR B Smith

WR D Clowney

WR W Wright

3 TE

TE C Baker

TE B Franks

TE D Keller

7 OL

OT D Ferguson

OG A Faneca

OC N Mangold

OG B Moore

OT D Woody

OT J Bender

OC R Turner

25 Defense

4 DE

S Ellis

K Coleman

M DeVito

K Brown

3 NT

K Jenkins

S Pouha

C Mosely

9 LB

D Harris

B Thomas

C Pace

V Gholston

E Barton

D Bowens

M Chatham

M Murrell

C Spencer

6 CB

D Revis

J Miller

D Barrett

H Poteat

D Lowery

D Coleman

3 S

K Rhodes

E Smith

A Elam

3 Specials

P B Graham

K M Nugent

LS J Dearth

IR

LB B Kassell

LB J Trusnik

8 P-Squad

QB E Ainge

WR M Henry

WR P Raymond

OT N Garner

DE R Pitoitua

LB B Rankart

DB R Burgess

I don't care for Matt Chatham. I might give Cummings a shot. He actually tackles people. Let's see how he does in Game 3.

Archived