Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McDaniels is a moron. First, to even want Cassel over Cutler is absurd. Then to take this long to talk with Cutler and to do it on a conference call vs face to face is terrible. And finally, I agree Cutler is a bit of a baby, but a little diplomacy with a young franchise QB in this situation is in order vs the apparent hard line approach. Like it or not, McDaniels is stuck with Cutler for at least a year now that his precious Matt Cassel is in KC. Great way to get started. :rolleyes:

And don't forget, McDaniels will be 33 in April. You have a young HC who makes an idiotic move in trying to trade the franchise player, and then makes matters worse.

He has failure written all over him. No lie, unless the Broncos go 9-7 I think we'll be hearing rumblings in 2010 that McDaniels' job is in jeapordy.

What's also clear here is that the Broncos have flat out lied to the media, and to Cutler. The Broncos claim that they didn't initiate the trade talk, but it's obvious on how things have transpired that that is a lie.

So, yes, as you noted: Cutler is a baby. But it will be easier for Boden to fire McDaniels than to trade Cutler.

And don't forget, McDaniels will be 33 in April. You have a young HC who makes an idiotic move in trying to trade the franchise player, and then makes matters worse.

He has failure written all over him. No lie, unless the Broncos go 9-7 I think we'll be hearing rumblings in 2010 that McDaniels' job is in jeapordy.

What's also clear here is that the Broncos have flat out lied to the media, and to Cutler. The Broncos claim that they didn't initiate the trade talk, but it's obvious on how things have transpired that that is a lie.

So, yes, as you noted: Cutler is a baby. But it will be easier for Boden to fire McDaniels than to trade Cutler.

question though....was it mcdaniels who tried to trade him? or was it the gm? you'd have the think the gm was the one who wanted it, or was at least on board with it....no?

The Broncos were willing to trade him for the QB their coach preferred. They'd need a QB in return for any sort of deal. Would they be willing to accept Clemens or Ratliff and the #17 pick? How much sweeter should the Jets make the offer?

I suspect there are teams out there with better (more proven) QB's to dangle. I also suspect Denver's phone is ringing off the hook. Maybe they really do want to move him. Who knows?

I just doubt the Jets have the ammo to get it done.

ratliff or clemens and our #1 picks this year and next..........maybe they would sand maybe they wouldn't. i would make that offer though. we get a wr with our 2nd round pick.......

question though....was it mcdaniels who tried to trade him? or was it the gm? you'd have the think the gm was the one who wanted it, or was at least on board with it....no?

It had to be McDaniels, IMO, because look at who was hired first.

McDaniels was hired on January 11 while Xander was promoted to GM on February 12 (Xander had been with the Broncos only since last May).

So Bowlen hires McDaniels and then promotes to GM a guy who has only been with the organization a few months and has absolutely no ties to Cassel. Xander had to be on board with the trade, but he was just a passenger while McDaniels drove the bus.

McDaniels will probably drive that bus off a cliff.

It had to be McDaniels, IMO, because look at who was hired first.

McDaniels was hired on January 11 while Xander was promoted to GM on February 12 (Xander had been with the Broncos only since last May).

So Bowlen hires McDaniels and then promotes to GM a guy who has only been with the organization a few months and has absolutely no ties to Cassel. Xander had to be on board with the trade, but he was just a passenger while McDaniels drove the bus.

McDaniels will probably drive that bus off a cliff.

you know shanny is laughing his arse off

i would off this years and next years #1 picks and throw in KC as well

No matter how McDaniels or whatever his name is and Cutler don't get along, they will NOT trade him. The only reason he was brought up in trade rumors the first place was to get a better system QB.

And who the hell do we have as offensive weapons? Besides Leon Washington.

First of all, Cutler is NOT going anywhere.

Secondly, he may be the most overrated QB in the league. He's not as good as people make out.

Why? Lets hear why.

He is very Favre like in that he tries to put the ball into some places that he shouldn't and sometimes it doesn't work out for him, but other than that, how is he over-rated?

Why? Lets hear why.

He is very Favre like in that he tries to put the ball into some places that he shouldn't and sometimes it doesn't work out for him, but other than that, how is he over-rated?

He's inconsistent, very much so. He gets worse as the season goes on.

That being said, he's still a pretty good young QB. When I say he's overrated I;m saying he's not in the borderline elite category which, when listening to some people talk about him, you'd swear he's in.

He'd be a franchise QB and in that regard I'd agree with going after him. He wont go anywhere though.

Is it crazy that I would make that deal?

No... I would make it 9 out of 10 times...

Lets say the JETS draft Sanchez... thats a #1 on an unproven QB who wont be ready for a few years... why not just burn 2 #1's... (hoping of course that the next years #1 is a very late round pick ;))

Clemens would be just an extra expendable piece at that point but valuable to them as a backup or someone to start until their new rookie is ready...

This years 1st (#17)

Next years 1st

& Clemens

for

Cutler

If the JETS actually offered this... they would take it.

I also think the Broncos would take that. BUT, that's too much value IMO.

That trade right there is the equivelent of draft pick compensation for signing another a Franchise Tagged QB from another team.

If Cutler was an UFA with a franchise tag, that's what the Jets would have to give up to sign him. But teams usually try to work out a trade to give up less. So, why should the Jets be willing to give up the maximum off the bat?

I also think the Broncos would take that. BUT, that's too much value IMO.

That trade right there is the equivelent of draft pick compensation for signing another a Franchise Tagged QB from another team.

If Cutler was an UFA with a franchise tag, that's what the Jets would have to give up to sign him. But teams usually try to work out a trade to give up less. So, why should the Jets be willing to give up the maximum off the bat?

How about this...

The #17 pick

A conditional pick in 2010 (No pick if he does not start all 16 games because of a health issue not a coaches decision/ 4th if he also hits 3000 yards and 20 TDs / 3rd if he also wins 8 games / 2nd if the JETS also make the playoffs / 1st if the JETS make the Superbowl.

& Clemens

If the organization thinks that we're Jay Cutler away from being a Super Bowl team I would do the deal that ECURB proposed.

2009 1st Round Pick

2010 1st Round Pick

Clemens or Ratliff or Ainge

for

Jay Cutler

Because, hey, if the organization thinks all we need is Cutler than that 1st round pick next season should be in the 30's. Its well worth that for a PROVEN very good, potentially great Quarterback instead of taking a guy like Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman at 17.

How about this...

The #17 pick

A conditional pick in 2010 (No pick if he does not start all 16 games because of a health issue not a coaches decision/ 4th if he also hits 3000 yards and 20 TDs / 3rd if he also wins 8 games / 2nd if the JETS also make the playoffs / 1st if the JETS make the Superbowl.

& Clemens

why take the chance and let bucs or queens get him?

if we got cutler, our 2010 pick will be in high twenties

Make the move, he is a stud and worth the picks

Is that due to the offense? Or Denver's impressive defense?

IDK, he definitely **** the bed during the last 3 games of the year.

Obviously the fact that his D is absolutely terrible doesnt help the guy, but its like we always say, you judge a QB based of W's or L's.

If the organization thinks that we're Jay Cutler away from being a Super Bowl team I would do the deal that ECURB proposed.

2009 1st Round Pick

2010 1st Round Pick

Clemens or Ratliff or Ainge

for

Jay Cutler

Because, hey, if the organization thinks all we need is Cutler than that 1st round pick next season should be in the 30's. Its well worth that for a PROVEN very good, potentially great Quarterback instead of taking a guy like Mark Sanchez or Josh Freeman at 17.

It is well worth it if he can take the JETS deep into the playoffs... a 1st round pick is no guarantee... (Gholston) to make an impact... so giving up 2 of them for a sure thing is not as big of a deal as some think...

IJ, remember that Eli was (and still is to this day) wildly inconsistent. If you put together a good team around them, that inconsistency isn't as glaring as when an inconsistent QB is asked to carry the entire team on his back.

why take the chance and let bucs or queens get him?

if we got cutler, our 2010 pick will be in high twenties

Make the move, he is a stud and worth the picks

I like ECURB's idea of a 2010 conditional pick on top of the 17th overall.

But it's highly doubtful that the Bucs or Queens are giving up 2 1st rounders for Cutler. It's been a long time since a team traded 2 1st rounders for a veteran player. It happened often in the first part of the decade, but I think it's been at least 6 years since it's happened.

It is well worth it if he can take the JETS deep into the playoffs... a 1st round pick is no guarantee... (Gholston) to make an impact... so giving up 2 of them for a sure thing is not as big of a deal as some think...

For once I'm in agreement with you ECURB.

I'm scared.

:)

Archived