***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Ok so the Broncos we're willing to trade Cutler & it fell through. Now they say he's not available any longer. Rumor has it Cutler is unhappy with management now and maybe he wants out. I'm sure for the right price the Broncos will atleast entertain some trade talks. Maybe start with the 17th pick and go from there. Cutler would answer alot of problems for the Jets and he would give us a true QB of the future with a big arm. Sadly I'm not sold on Clemens & I'm certainly not sold on Ratliff. Although I'd be thrilled if they both proove me wrong. Either way w/ Jay Cutler available I think the Jets have to atleast see what the situation is in Denver and make an attempt. Whats there to lose ?

Hell who thought Brett Favre would be a Jet last year ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without a doubt I'd give up a 1st for him. With a few more signings by Tanny....could you imagine what Cutler could do for this franchise? I'm not calling him a savior or even saying he's one of the best. Although he is one of the best young QB's out there. He'd be the final piece to the puzzle and the Jets would instantly be a contender like last year was supposed to be with Favre.

I think Pioli's doing his new team a disservice if he doesn't at least make a phone call. Not only is Cutler a better QB than Cassel, he'd be motivated as hell in the same division as Denver.

I agree that Pioli has to make the call to Denver, because who really knows what Matt Cassel is? He got his chance last year and made the most of it. But is he really a solid QB or just a system QB who was in the perfect situation in NE. He might be the next Scott Mitchell.

However, I don't think there is a chance in hell that Denver trades Cutler to a division rival. He would kill the Broncos for the next ten years.

I agree that Pioli has to make the call to Denver, because who really knows what Matt Cassel is? He got his chance last year and made the most of it. But is he really a solid QB or just a system QB who was in the perfect situation in NE. He might be the next Scott Mitchell.

However, I don't think there is a chance in hell that Denver trades Cutler to a division rival. He would kill the Broncos for the next ten years.

If haley has any brains...he tells Peeoli to make the call

Without a doubt I'd give up a 1st for him. With a few more signings by Tanny....could you imagine what Cutler could do for this franchise? I'm not calling him a savior or even saying he's one of the best. Although he is one of the best young QB's out there. He'd be the final piece to the puzzle and the Jets would instantly be a contender like last year was supposed to be with Favre.

Hey ****head a few other people have had this thought already.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72389

LOL well I did get you to waste your time and read it though didn't I ??????? Mission accomplished

Glad your day is so boring and I didn't need to read it because it's the same crap that's in the other one. Oh please Mr T get us Culter he doesn't want to be in Denver and the Jets need a QB it's a match made in heaven, blah balh blah. Try starting a thread that has something new in it instead of one that has been talked about for the last 3 days dick head.

Lets be realistic. Josh will not let Jay go. this will be a non issue before long. I'd luv cutler as a jet but it ain't happenin. we have nothing to offer them.

Amazing...I wanted the Jets to draft cutler over Dbrickshaw that year...screaming for it to happen as much as I was screaming over DMC... and now everybody wants him...how fast things turn around...

Mayock was all over cutler...Loved him!! Saying hes better then vince young... and I have to say...I value Mayocks opinion much more then kiper

the only way Jay Cutler ends up here is if Josh McDaniel really IS pissed at Beliscum for not trading Cassell to Denver. TTBT though I'm not real worried about the QB position right now I think we already have our starter in either Ratliff or Clemens...now if there was any way we could get Chad Johnson I'd be much more for that move than Cutler and what HE would cost.

I love Jay Cutler, but lets use our brains here. They're weren't going to trade him at all, and any chance of him being dealt ended with Matt Cassel going to Kansas City.

Exactly. And I think they are idiots to have wanted Cassel over Cutler, but they certainly are not going to trade Cutler now with no replacement just because the little baby's feelings were hurt.

They will let him mope a bit then everyone will kiss and make up. Non story.

this article is a little harsh, but sums up my feelings for the most part

Will someone please give Jay Cutler his pacifier, hand him his favorite blankie and put him back in his crib for his afternoon nap? Because if he cries anymore about a trade that didn't happen, we'll have to check his Pampers.

Cutler is the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. At least for now he is.

Turns out the Broncos are/were shopping him. The three-way trade between the Broncos, New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers didn't reach critical mass, but names (Cutler to the Bucs, Matt Cassel to the Broncos) and numbers (first- and fourth-round draft picks to the Patriots) were discussed.

Cutler

But it didn't happen. Repeat: didn't happen.

Instead, the Patriots traded Cassel and his franchise-tag salary to the Kansas City Chiefs. And Cutler is still a Bronco.

But the mere thought of a possible trade upset Cutler so much that he went into full waaaa-waaaa-waaaa mode, wailing like an infant. Why are they being so mean to me? That sort of thing.

"I'm upset," he told The Denver Post. "I mean, I'm really shocked at this point."

And this from Cutler's agent, James "Bus" Cook, who told The Associated Press, "Nobody's going to call the [New York] Giants and ask for Eli [Manning]. Nobody's calling the [indianapolis] Colts asking about Peyton [Manning]. [Tom] Brady? Come on. So, why call Denver and ask about Jay? And if they do call, why not say, 'That's not for discussion. What else do you want?'"

Why call Denver and ask about Cutler? Because the Broncos haven't reached the playoffs since the 2005 season. Because Cutler's record as a starter is 17-20. Because new Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels just happened to coach Cassel last season. And Cassel's team finished 11-5, including a 41-7 victory against Cutler's Broncos in October.

Nobody is calling the Giants and the Colts about the Manning brothers because the Manning brothers actually reach the postseason and have won Super Bowls. And here's guessing somebody called the Patriots asking whether Brady might be available.

Cook, more than anyone, should know that anything is possible in the NFL. Just ask Brett Favre, one of Cook's longtime clients.

Don't get me wrong -- Cutler is a talent, possibly a major talent. His numbers keep tracking upward (4,526 passing yards, 25 touchdowns in '08), but so do his turnovers (18 interceptions, including four in Denver's last three games -- all losses) and hissy fits.

None of this Cutler trade talk likely would have happened if Mike Shanahan were still the Broncos' head coach. Shanahan is the guy who drafted Cutler with the 11th pick of the 2006 draft. They were attached at the hip pads.

But Shanahan is Broncos history. It happens. Last week it happened to 11-time Pro Bowl linebacker Derrick Brooks of the Bucs. He was cut after 14 years.

Brooks didn't pout like Cutler. And his agent didn't issue any angry criticisms of the Bucs' decision. Instead, Brooks articulated the essential truth of the NFL: It's business, not personal.

"Everybody has a picture that they want painted their own particular way, but when the picture's not painted your way, you don't kick and scream," Brooks told reporters. "You be a man about it."

Cutler is kicking and screaming. Poor baby. He stiffed the Broncos when they requested a kiss-and-make-up session. Word is he won't even talk to McDaniels on the phone.

So what if the Broncos considered proposals from the Bucs? Who cares whether they listened to an offer from the Detroit Lions? When you haven't reached the playoffs since '05, when you gag away a three-game division lead with three games left, you listen to everybody about anybody.

Come to think about it, what's so bad about the Bucs? New coach -- Raheem Morris. New tight end -- Kellen Winslow. Newly re-upped wide receivers -- Antonio Bryant (franchise-tagged) and Michael Clayton. And did we mention that Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall was arrested again?

"If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization," Cook huffed and puffed.

Why? Because Cutler's precious feelings were hurt? Please.

The nontrade causes serious problems only if Cutler wants it that way. To whine about the Broncos' kicking the tires on a trade accomplishes nothing. Especially from a guy with zero playoff appearances and a grand total of 37 NFL games.

Cutler has accomplished nothing in this league. He has pretty passing numbers, but so what? It's time for him to do a Brooks and grow up. It's time for him to spit out the pacifier.

this jackass reminds my of the QB from jerry mcguire "cush" and ryan leaf

I'm not a big Cutler guy.

While I think he's very talented, like many, I think the guy's a head case and for that reason, I'm not sure I want him as the leader of my team. He kind of reminds me a bit of Jeff George.

However, I don't blame him for being a bit pissed.

The Broncos played this one very poorly by not keeping their interest in Cassel closer to the vest and as a result, may have created a big problem for the franchise in the process.

Still, I think, in the end, Cutler will get his panties out of the wad and eventually get over this.

chiefs get cassell and vrable for a second round.denver wanted cassell.cultler is pissed and demanding a trade.do the chiefs offer cassell for cutler?

i like cutler but i dont know if im sold on cassell.what a steal that would be for the chiefs

The Broncos only wanted Cassell to keep him away from KC. They'll keep Cutler now.

its proabbly in the trade contract that that the 2nd round becomes a first if cassel is traded from cheifs in first year.

Lets not forget that bellidick is unfortunatly really smart and good at what he does!

i doubt it has this clause...

On the radio, an analyst reported that there were some rumors flying that the Broncos want Revis,Washington,or Pace and draft picks(or maybe like a first for a fourth in return, which, for us is great, we love fourths)lol

But to that I say:

Revis - get off the pipe, Revis goes NOWHERE,EVER.

Washington- ditto, pretty much

Pace and picks.......nice doing business with you, Denver.

Ideally, I'd like to just give up two picks. even high ones. The draft is SUCH a crap shoot. Proven players in their prime trump picks any day of the week to me. But Pace for Cutler...... Bye Calvin,

BTW"Is Gholston with LT, yet?" Tell Vernon don't pay him until AFTER the lessons, you may never see LT again.

Archived