Where is the Vet QB to help teach Sanchez?

Barton

Clemens cant do it, not enough experience. Rookie HC, young O-coordinator not ideal either.

We could use an old vet to help him out and be the 3rd stringer as well. Anyone available on the FA market?

Bring Favre back as a QB coach to teach Sanchez

Clemens cant do it, not enough experience. Rookie HC, young O-coordinator not ideal either.

We could use an old vet to help him out and be the 3rd stringer as well. Anyone available on the FA market?

By the looks of it we might not be adding a veteran qb. Hopefully we have a good qb coach. I know clemmens is the wrong answer so really do not know how this will play out.

We need a WR badly. Until we get one, getting a veteran QB is totally out of the question.

Why do people insist on having a veteran QB to do the teaching? There is a reason why the team employs a QB coach. Oh, and our offensive coordinator is a former QB coach who did pretty well with Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

It all comes down to work ethic, and by all accounts, Sanchez is a very hard worker. He will learn...no worries.

Just a thought, but how about Matt Cavanaugh....the coach?

I don't care about having a vet QB to teach him... they need a QB to outplay him in camp and put him on the bench for a season. Clemens really needs to step it up this year, because if Sanchez starts from Day 1, I think the possibility of him busting increases tremendously.

Matt Cavanaugh is our QB coach and has plenty of experience.

Who helped Flacco and Ryan last year?

At this point no veterans are out on the market that would help our cause. The likes of Sexy Rexy, J.P. Losman, Kyle Boller or Dan Orlovsky are disturbing prospects to consider to help our team. This would be a great spot for signing a Jeff Garcia as a 1 year stop gap if we feel Clemens isn't our guy control the reins for this season. Personally, it could be a scenerio of "the blind leading the blind" or Clemens through his behind two quality veteran QBs has garnered some knowledge from them and could be a success in his time starting. I'm not totally giving up on Clemens considering he had two different quality starters in the NFL (one conservative in play and one being our lovable gun-slinger) to sit behind and learn them game from.

Who helped Flacco and Ryan last year?

Not sure which vet QBs each team had but I know Flacco had Cam Cameron bringing him along. And B-schott is no Cam Cameron.

All i'm saying is it would be good if we had a vet QB to help him in film study, sideline talk, outside sundays etc etc.

Not sure which vet QBs each team had but I know Flacco had Cam Cameron bringing him along. And B-schott is no Cam Cameron.

All i'm saying is it would be good if we had a vet QB to help him in film study, sideline talk, outside sundays etc etc.

you do realize that that is a good thing right?

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that this was the coaches job.

Maybe it's just me, but I was always under the impression that this was the coaches job.

Mine too.

Coaches coach. Players play.

Favre didn't teach any of his backups anything (as has been reported). Anything they learned they learned from watching.

Cam Cameron's track record as a head coach = bad

Cam Cameron's track record as an OC >>>>> Mini Schott's track record as an OC

I diss-agree. !st off, Schotty's entire career as an OC was with Mangini, and you can see that Mangini throttled his ingenuity all the time

Cameron has been on teams that let him call his type game and has been around longer.

Can't really compare the two results YET

If you guys ever listen (or read) what Ryan said, he addressed that months ago. Matt Cavanaugh the QB coach was a NFL QB, granted he wasn't very good though.

Seriously. EVERY time he was asked about bringing in a veteran QB, his answer was more or less, "Matt Cavanaugh has been to a Super Bowl and I view him as our veteran QB." I've heard that so many times I'm sick of the response.

I diss-agree. !st off, Schotty's entire career as an OC was with Mangini, and you can see that Mangini throttled his ingenuity all the time

Cameron has been on teams that let him call his type game and has been around longer.

Can't really compare the two results YET

OK, when Mini Schott directs a top-5 ranked offense 3 straight years, we'll reconvene.

If you guys ever listen (or read) what Ryan said, he addressed that months ago. Matt Cavanaugh the QB coach was a NFL QB, granted he wasn't very good though.

Was Gary Kubiak a great NFL QB? He was John Elway's backup and later his QB coach.

Great players rarely become good coaches.

Matt Cavanaugh was a backup QB for two SB champions (49ers in '84 and Giants in '90.) He backed a wide variety of good to great NFL QBs including Steve Grogan, Joe Montana, Ron Jaworski and Randall Cunningham in Philly (he was there in the years the Eagles were making that transition,) Phil Simms and Jeff Hofstetler.

He backed up three SB winning QBs and two more who led their teams to SBs. He played for Bill Walsh, Buddy Ryan and Bill Parcells.

He basically had the perfect career for a future QB coach.

Mangini's entire career as a HC was with Schottenheimer, and you can see that Schottenheimer throttled his ingenuity all the time.

Was Gary Kubiak a great NFL QB? He was John Elway's backup and later his QB coach.

Great players rarely become good coaches.

Matt Cavanaugh was a backup QB for two SB champions (49ers in '84 and Giants in '90.) He backed a wide variety of good to great NFL QBs including Steve Grogan, Joe Montana, Ron Jaworski and Randall Cunningham in Philly (he was there in the years the Eagles were making that transition,) Phil Simms and Jeff Hofstetler.

He backed up three SB winning QBs and two more who led their teams to SBs. He played for Bill Walsh, Buddy Ryan and Bill Parcells.

He basically had the perfect career for a future QB coach.

I agree, I was just saying he sucked as a player.

Mangini's entire career as a HC was with Schottenheimer, and you can see that Schottenheimer throttled his ingenuity all the time.

well I guess we will see this year who does better witout the other...my money is on Jr

Archived