OTA Report 5/21/09--Dave Hutchinson

SMC

Clemens does seem to get a disproportionate amount of drops compared to other QBs.

It could be because the Jets receivers hate him.

And yet despite these intentional drops, he is STILL completing more passes than Sanchez. That should tell you something.

And yet despite these intentional drops, he is STILL completing more passes than Sanchez. That should tell you something.

Actually, it doesn't tell us anything.

For one thing, Sanchez was also victimized by drops (read the articles) and, secondly, Clemens completed less than 50% of his passes.

Actually, it doesn't tell us anything.

For one thing, Sanchez was also victimized by drops (read the articles) and, secondly, Clemens completed less than 50% of his passes.

Actually, it does tell us something.

Something we should already know, that Sanchez is VERY inexperianced

Actually, it does tell us something.

Something we should already know, that Sanchez is VERY inexperianced

It doesn't tell us what you say it does.

Matt Ryan was awful last year in his first veteran minicamp. That is well known. He had way more experience than Sanchez. That said, it doesn't mean Sanchez will perform like Ryan. It simply means that a rookie QB, even one who is as inexperienced as Sanchez, cannot be judged on a 1st veteran minicamp.

It doesn't tell us what you say it does.

Matt Ryan was awful last year in his first veteran minicamp. That is well known. He had way more experience than Sanchez. That said, it doesn't mean Sanchez will perform like Ryan. It simply means that a rookie QB, even one who is as inexperienced as Sanchez, cannot be judged on a 1st veteran minicamp.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have bad practices from time to time. Such is life in the NFL.

I always thought is was because our receivers skillz eroded catching well placed fluffy passes from Chad. But Favre kinda proved that wrong, he had more drops then Chad, but nothing like Clemens..

Now I don't have a clue..

You also have to consider though that during the only regular season action Clemens saw, Cotchery was playing with an injured hand, Coles missed most of those games and his top remaining healthy targets were the likes of Justin McCareins and Brad Smith, guys who notoriously can't catch a damn thing from anyone. While I agree he definitely seems to have a higher than normal amount of drops based on other situations as well, I think it may get exaggerated some due to that stretch in those extremely poor circumstances.

• 9 years later...
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This is eerily similar to Darnolds first day. But Sam completed one or two more passes than Mark.

you have me frightened now, I hope you know.

Sanchez was playing versus a legit defense, that's got to be worth one or two passes, call it a toss up right now !

Archived