RIP Steve McNair

JoeC36

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Back on topic terrible story and his children with no father around.

At least he made decent money so his kids will have a fighting chance. So many fatherless kids out there living in poverty. It's so sad. :(

I am not defending 124 for what he said because it was wrong (especially directed at who it was directed at)... but I think a banning of 124 is way out of line. He is a good dude who is a great member of this site and used bad judgement during a heated exchange about an emotional topic.

I say lift the ban dude... It just isn't right and IMO he deserves the benefit of the doubt since he interpreted Verde's attack of his views as Verde's attack on his life.

My $.02 as an Admin at another forum - that's exactly why he needed a banning. You can't have 2 sets of rules: the posters we know/like get treated this way, the ones we don't another way. If he was over the line - and that comment was way, way, way over the line - then he gets treated the same way you would the newest poster to walk in the door.

My $.02 as an Admin at another forum - that's exactly why he needed a banning. You can't have 2 sets of rules: the posters we know/like get treated this way, the ones we don't another way. If he was over the line - and that comment was way, way, way over the line - then he gets treated the same way you would the newest poster to walk in the door.

Another poster received a 7 day ban a few weeks ago. Why 124 received a 30 day ban is beyond me.

Back on topic: RIP Steve. I respected the way he played and saw him 3 or 4 times in Foxboro over the years and nothing will change my opinion of him as a football player.

RIP Steve McNair. Now I really wished that dude could have stretched another 3 inches. You where fun to watch, thanks.

Now about this thread. Geez it's getting a little ugly around here. I say everyone says yes to desert for a couple days and get their happy faces back.

RIP Steve McNair. Now I really wished that dude could have stretched another 3 inches. You where fun to watch, thanks.

Now about this thread. Geez it's getting a little ugly around here. I say everyone says yes to desert for a couple days and get their happy faces back.

a man after my own heart! chocolate goes a long way to get those endorphins flowin! :D

Another poster received a 7 day ban a few weeks ago. Why 124 received a 30 day ban is beyond me.

Back on topic: RIP Steve. I respected the way he played and saw him 3 or 4 times in Foxboro over the years and nothing will change my opinion of him as a football player.

Is 124 your left hand or something?

I'm glad I ignored most threads here last night.

My gosh a lot of us have our panties in a bunch lately.

Im all for people having strong opinions, but we must keep personal attacks out of here. A message board must have differing opinions, but they mean nothing if we cant show respect for each other.

I love you all.

:corn:

I respected Steve McNair as a football player as well. And for that matter, Michael Jackson was an amazing entertainer. Both were victims of untimely deaths. Both were amazing in what they did in their respected fields of entertainment. For me, the respect ends right there. I couldn't care less who disagrees with my opinion.

that was explained very well. So stop trying to create problems that don't exist.

I see a man without a problem

I see a country always starved,

I hear the music of a heartbeat,

I walk, and people turn and laugh.

Is it in my head

Is it in my head

Is in my head here at the start?

Is it in my head

Is it in my head

Is it in my head, or in my heart?

I pick up phones and hear my history.

I dream of all the calls I miss.

I try to number those who love me,

And find exactly what the trouble is.

Is it in my head etc.

I feel I'm being followed,

My head is empty

Yet every word I say turns out a sentence.

Statements to a stranger

Just asking for directions

Turn from being help to being questions.

I see a man without a problem.

(Townshend)

I respected Steve McNair as a football player as well. And for that matter, Michael Jackson was an amazing entertainer. Both were victims of untimely deaths. Both were amazing in what they did in their respected fields of entertainment. For me, the respect ends right there. I couldn't care less who disagrees with my opinion.

That was Hot. You're a bad girl, Verde.:)

that was explained very well. So stop trying to create problems that don't exist.

I read the thread and voiced my opinion in my initial post. That is all. I'm not creating anything, let alone problems.

We don't play baseball in Ireland.

Of course not. It's kind of hard to round the bases when you're stinking drunk :cheers:

Seriously, and on topic, I really feel bad for his kids most of all. Imagine not only losing your father, but then finding out he was cheating on your mother, which ultimately led to his death? Absolutely horrible.

Losing a parent at any age is rough, but to lose one like this is... :(

I read the thread and voiced my opinion in my initial post. That is all. I'm not creating anything, let alone problems.

You are trying to instigate problems. Max explained, when he did not have to, why he got a 30 day ban as opposed to a 7 or perma ban. So, how about we all just try to act like adults.

I'm glad 124 is not permanently banned. However, he shouldn't have said that.

People need to stop getting off topic in all types of threads. We're not that far from the football season. I think we all can make it.

Again, God bless the McNair family. RIP

You are trying to instigate problems. Max explained, when he did not have to, why he got a 30 day ban as opposed to a 7 or perma ban. So, how about we all just try to act like adults.

I'm not trying to instigate anything. I made my post and thats it.

Did you really say we should act like adults? Look in the mirror mate.

I find it a bit amusing that Verde was basically saying that 124 had some growing up to do. 124 responded by calling her an uppity b****. Only on JetNation does something like that happen.

Hey man, long time no see. Welcome back.

What ever happened to the football forum where it was actually fun and interesting to post? If people do not have the ability to have a discussion over a slightly controversial topic maybe they should find another hobby. It has been nuts here lately.. As for McNair, he was one hell of a player, probably one of the toughest qbs to play the game when it comes to ability to play through pain. The whole situation sucks and my heart goes out to his family and his children who lost their father.

What ever happened to the football forum where it was actually fun and interesting to post? If people do not have the ability to have a discussion over a slightly controversial topic maybe they should find another hobby. It has been nuts here lately.. As for McNair, he was one hell of a player, probably one of the toughest qbs to play the game when it comes to ability to play through pain. The whole situation sucks and my heart goes out to his family and his children who lost their father.

Great post man.

As for McNair, he was one hell of a player, probably one of the toughest qbs to play the game when it comes to ability to play through pain

Evidently, his wife is a Nurse and would treat him pre/post game for all sorts of maladies. She learned sports medicine on her own after they married and had a huge role in having SM ready to play regardless of ailment.

Evidently, his wife is a Nurse and would treat him pre/post game for all sorts of maladies. She learned sports medicine on her own after they married and had a huge role in having SM ready to play regardless of ailment.

Yeah.. she (and the kids) are the real victims here. Very sad.

Really? I used to like Steve a lot. Was one of my favorite players. My opinion of him has been changed. He wasn't a nice dude. I feel for his family. I hope it ends soon and they don't have to deal with this media attention and national spotlight for much longer.

That would explain why it seemed no injury kept him down. Thanks for posting that, i didn't know it.

What ever happened to the football forum where it was actually fun and interesting to post? If people do not have the ability to have a discussion over a slightly controversial topic maybe they should find another hobby. It has been nuts here lately.

Tyson is right once again. I am not sure what happened to it. But if anyone sees it please let me know. A reward is being offered.

Archived