The siren?

PhinHater

What was the point of that today? I watched it on TV, but I could imaine that was incredibly loud in person.

Was that used to piss off the Pats only? I sure hope so. :)

They sounded the "Air Raid" siren every time the Jet Defense came on the field ... kind of their "intro" for each series.

Loved it and Yes it was VERY loud.

They sounded the "Air Raid" siren every time the Jet Defense came on the field ... kind of their "intro" for each series.

Loved it and Yes it was VERY loud.

It was great.... yet another thing to fire up the fans...

Was it just me or was there a lack of the usual "crap" (games, pop music, etc) and just more football related stuff?

Either way, I liked it.

BZ

I have to give props to all the Jets fans and of course Rex and the team-the stadium was as loud all game as I can ever remember and people actually stayed the whole game. Myself I am totally sunburned in the face-good thing i am dark skinned Italian.

What was the point of that today? I watched it on TV, but I could imaine that was incredibly loud in person.

Was that used to piss off the Pats only? I sure hope so. :)

I don't think it was as loud as it could have been, and it was a sound effect. It would have been much cooler if they had an actual air raid siren bolted on top of the toyota sign on top of the stadium, would have sounded more authenitc and been loader. I looked into buying one 2 years ago to bolt on top of the hummer for game day, but they were too big and if you don't get it high enough off the grown you will make people near you deaf.

I don't think it was as loud as it could have been, and it was a sound effect. It would have been much cooler if they had an actual air raid siren bolted on top of the toyota sign on top of the stadium, would have sounded more authenitc and been loader. I looked into buying one 2 years ago to bolt on top of the hummer for game day, but they were too big and if you don't get it high enough off the grown you will make people near you deaf.

Ever think of downloading a version like the one posted from youtube and playing it through an outside pa speaker. You would rock the parking lot with that. Imagine pulling in playing it full throttle as you park........:character0293:

let me preface this by saying that i thought it was a great crowd motivator..!

but i am very glad they sent out an email to season ticket holders and explained it on the website...

Because

my parents watched the game at home.. and i had lunch with my mom yesterday.. and she said it was unnerving because she was in europe during WWII and said that when she heard that all she could think of was getting to a shelter. OY!

she wasnt mad or anything.. but that was an observation that i wouldnt have made.

i loved it though!

let me preface this by saying that i thought it was a great crowd motivator..!

but i am very glad they sent out an email to season ticket holders and explained it on the website...

Because

my parents watched the game at home.. and i had lunch with my mom yesterday.. and she said it was unnerving because she was in europe during WWII and said that when she heard that all she could think of was getting to a shelter. OY!

she wasnt mad or anything.. but that was an observation that i wouldnt have made.

i loved it though!

Nor would 98% of the fan base. :grin:

Archived