Upon further Review--Gholston Gets game Ball

flgreen

"He's starting to get it," the coach continued. "If he was a first-round pick this year, we'd all be happy with it, the fans and everybody. We're proud of the way he's playing. We really think he's coming on and that he'll be a major contributor in our plans moving forward."

That sounds like a "it's about time!" comment to me. Glad to see Gholston is improving. Perhaps Rex can turn him into a beast by season's end; he's certainly gaining a reputation for getting the most out of his players so far.

Good for Gholston, he still sucks IMO.

Couldn't hurt his confidence heading into what will probably be his last week as a starter this season.

Sucks for Trusnik though, guy set the tone early.

Why?

The Rex Rules are the rules, and one rule says that if you get a game ball on Monday for your play on Sunday but then you get a league award on Wednesday, you give the game ball back. Such was the case with Jason Trusnik, who received his second game ball of the season for his special teams play against Tennessee but then was honored earlier today with the AFC Special Teams Player of the Week award.

I don't know that this lends too much credence to either arguement.. It's very possibly a motivational tactic

Training a dog; "Sit...sit...GOOD BOY!" *gives cookie*

Training VG; "Tackle...tackle...GOOD BOY!" *gives game ball*

It's a shame that my dog will get the point faster than Gholston. :bag:

Good for Gholston, he still sucks IMO.

Couldn't hurt his confidence heading into what will probably be his last week as a starter this season.

Sucks for Trusnik though, guy set the tone early.

I'd agree with this. Just one of those confidence-boosting mind games all coaches do with players who are struggling. Didn't Mangini give Gholston the "special player" jersey last year trying to do the same thing?

When Gholston gets a sniff of his first career sack--I repeat--career sack after 19 professional games, let me know.

The worst player in NFL history received a game ball.

:rl::bwahaharoll::rl:

This is clearly just a confidence booster. Vernon Gholston wont be on an NFL roster next season.

fatnip is #6 or #7 in all of jetnation at defeating the arguments he invented for his adversaries

"

"We talk about the mentality that we want to have here," Gholston told me in the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center locker room after today's practice about that never-give-up play after he was double-teamed to allow Johnson to burst off the left side of the Jets' defense. "When you take the field, that's the attitude. Especially giving up a rushing touchdown that would've been 60 yards or so? You don't want to have that on your defense."

You know, anyone who has followed his career since college should be pretty pleased with this type of response. It's not only reflective of his play this past Sunday, but also the notion that Rex and Scott have clearly had an effect on the kid. Never thought I'd say this, but go Vernon.

fatnip is #6 or #7 in all of jetnation at defeating the arguments he invented for his adversaries

Is it possible to be both 6 and 7??

And I have the greatest Fatnip story from last night quite possibly ever.

You know, anyone who has followed his career since college should be pretty pleased with this type of response. It's not only reflective of his play this past Sunday, but also the notion that Rex and Scott have clearly had an effect on the kid. Never thought I'd say this, but go Vernon.

Agreed because his biggest knock was taking plays off and an overall motivation to improve. Certainly Rex and Scott have had an impact.

Clearly another attempt to pump this chump up :rolleyes:

Im not kidding either.

And Im not going to argue the point. Will only know the real answer when we see how much playing time Mr Gholston gets as the season moves on. So lets leave it at that.

I know right, clearly Rex felt bad for the guy being that he's not even going to on an NFL roster next season, so he figured along with that HUGE contract that he was given before he played an NFL down, he thought it would be nice to give him a little commemorative item for a game that he played absolutely terrible in and had no impact whatsoever.

He's going to put this Football right next to his 4th place ribbon he received in the 4th grade from his performance in a sack race.

I know right, clearly Rex felt bad for the guy being that he's not even going to on an NFL roster next season, so he figured along with that HUGE contract that he was given before he played an NFL down, he thought it would be nice to give him a little commemorative item for a game that he played absolutely terrible in and had no impact whatsoever.

He's going to put this Football right next to his 4th place ribbon he received in the 4th grade from his performance in a sack race.

Yeah, I mean it's not like he made a game-saving tackle or anything. :rolleyes:

Management 101

Employees performing below expectation levels may be suffering from lack of confidence, negative self image, self esteem issues, etc.

One way to combat this and improve performance is to reward them, ie employee of the week, month etc.

Saw this alot when I worked for the Feds.

It actually worked on occasion...............for a little while.

Personally I thought it was wrong as it devalues the reward for the person that actually deserved and recieved the same accolade.

Go VG!

Management 101

Employees performing below expectation levels may be suffering from lack of confidence, negative self image, self esteem issues, etc.

One way to combat this and improve performance is to reward them, ie employee of the week, month etc.

Saw this alot when I worked for the Feds.

It actually worked on occasion...............for a little while.

Personally I thought it was wrong as it devalues the reward for the person that actually deserved and recieved the same accolade.

Go VG!

I hear ya.

Yesterday, the girls that typically get to the office before me and brew our coffee, didnt get into the office till about a half hour after me. So, I had to make a pot. Problem is, I always use the wrong coffee.

Well yesterday, I got it right. So I was rewarded by receiving our weekly golden coffee mug award (its similar to a game ball) but its based of being a team player in the office. It was clearly just confidence booster to let me know that I can brew the right coffee, but I felt it was demeaning toward the gals that typically brew the coffee because they get it right every morning and have never received the golden mug for their efforts.

When Gholston gets a sniff of his first career sack--I repeat--career sack after 19 professional games, let me know.

a TD saving tackle in a 7 point game is probably more impactful than a QB sack.

you all supposedly love Rex Ryan but when he praises VG he's Full of s--t? It's one thing to call me full of it are you calling Rex full of it too?

I hear ya.

Yesterday, the girls that typically get to the office before me and brew our coffee, didnt get into the office till about a half hour after me. So, I had to make a pot. Problem is, I always use the wrong coffee.

Well yesterday, I got it right. So I was rewarded by receiving our weekly golden coffee mug award (its similar to a game ball) but its based of being a team player in the office. It was clearly just confidence booster to let me know that I can brew the right coffee, but I felt it was demeaning toward the gals that typically brew the coffee because they get it right every morning and have never received the golden mug for their efforts.

Screw the mug. You should have demanded a blow job.:)

you all supposedly love Rex Ryan but when he praises VG he's Full of s--t? It's one thing to call me full of it are you calling Rex full of it too?

Bit, clearly Rex Ryan doesnt have the Football knowledge that 90% of this board does...hence why he is a HC in the NFL, which is a meaningless job and they are posting on a Jets message board, a job detrimental to society.

Beside, this was confidence booster...Rex is trying desperately to find anything that will keep VG in the league next season. He cares about VG the person, not the Football player.

It was more of a job saving tackle (for this week maybe as Pace is due back next game) seeing as VG let CJ fly past him in the first place. (he was busy being an occupier)

If he doesnt recover for the tackle he may well have been the goat in a Jet loss.

It was more of a job saving tackle (for this week maybe as Pace is due back next game) seeing as VG let CJ fly past him in the first place. (he was busy being an occupier)

If he doesnt recover for the tackle he may well have been the goat in a Jet loss.

Did VG kick your dog? Or **** your wife?

Why do you hate this kid so much?

Bit, clearly Rex Ryan doesnt have the Football knowledge that 90% of this board does...hence why he is a HC in the NFL, which is a meaningless job and they are posting on a Jets message board, a job detrimental to society.

Beside, this was confidence booster...Rex is trying desperately to find anything that will keep VG in the league next season. He cares about VG the person, not the Football player.

Rex Ryan has forgotten more football knowledge than you or I or anyone on this board will ever possess. (well maybe excluding Klecko73isgod)

So your point is that because Ryan is smart anyone who sees VG as a bust isnt? :confused:

I see Ryan trying to salvage this guy and I hope he succeeds.

Archived