Tiger Woods

Maxman

He was operating a motor vehicle on a road. He had an accident on his neighbors front lawn. He also damaged a fire hydrant and a tree. Where I come from its considered a motor vehicle accident with property damage and personal injury. Im not a legal expert but things seem wrong.

The consequences of punishment are greater for him than for others. Doubt it's national news if you did it. Nor would the cops notify all the people who pay you and tell them about your incident.

If, like regular citizens, there was no risk of an embarrassing story hitting every newspaper and tv magazine in the country, I'm sure they'd tell the cops their little story. Since that story is unlikely to stay private, I don't blame them one bit for keeping their traps shut.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually a driveway is not a public road. So if he damaged a fire hydrant and a tree either he pays the town or his neighbor or notifies his inusrance company. As bad as it all may sound, if he and his wife are the only witnesses and they decide not to talk, there's nothing.

Since when do they put fire hydrants in peoples driveways---------:confused: The property the hydrant is on is also known as a right of way owned by the municipality or township.

Actually a driveway is not a public road. So if he damaged a fire hydrant and a tree either he pays the town or his neighbor or notifies his inusrance company. As bad as it all may sound, if he and his wife are the only witnesses and they decide not to talk, there's nothing.

it will never go away and may gain momentum unless he speaks

I've known 3 or 4 guys who were in their 30's when their dad died. Every one of them saw their personal life/marriage crumble to pieces SOON after their dad died. Is this a pattern?

One of them, my former builder, had a growing construction company, pretty wife, 3 kids in HS, and built a HUGE house outside of town. He was becoming wealthy fast. Then his dad died. 90 days later, he left town. Dumped them all, remarried (and annulled) 3x in a year to different young blondes....just went crazy.

it will never go away and may gain momentum unless he speaks

In a few days or weeks, the media will overcover a different story. Becuase really what else is there to say? He had an argument with his wife that turned physical, which happens thousands of times every year in this country. And unless someone is seriuously injured(and he wasn't), most of those cases even when there is an arrest wind up getting dismissed.

Everyone said Bill Clinton was going to resign due to Lewinsky favoring him at the office, and that didn't happen.

In a few days or weeks, the media will overcover a different story. Becuase really what else is there to say? He had an argument with his wife that turned physical, which happens thousands of times every year in this country. And unless someone is seriuously injured(and he wasn't), most of those cases even when there is an arrest wind up getting dismissed.

Everyone said Bill Clinton was going to resign due to Lewinsky favoring him at the office, and that didn't happen.

So he had a spat with wifey, just say so

Most of us married folk have had a spat or 2 or 3.....

Nah trust me. If he had been boozed up he would have been arrested. It's a Domestic...but if he and the Misses lied their asses off to the initial officers they'd take their initial report and turn it over to the detectives. You guys gotta remember that sometimes, the circumstances do not warrant an immediate arrest. Sometimes you gotta take a step back and investigate it after the fact. When it comes to getting charges, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

It was reported last night that Woods wife told police that he is taking medication and showed them the prescription bottles.

Sounds to me like she already opened the door to Woods being under the influence of narcotics while driving.

i wonder if the roles were reversed and the woman was the star athlete and the man was the dude going crazy on a moving SUV with a golf club - if the woman athlete had scratches and bruises on her face that weren't caused by the accident - and if they told the same "romantic rescue" lie - if people would have the same "oh well" attitude about the whole thing.

Cheating or not, this seems like a domestic dispute that really could have hurt someone. Heck the dude could have died. The police should investigate, no matter what Tiger says or doesn't say.

Again, no one is required to talk to me or any other law enforcement agency. I can investigate everything from the Larceny of $5 to a triple homicide, and not a single soul, from suspect, to witness, is "Required" to talk to me if they don't want to.

Sure it makes my job hard as a Detective, but you know what, the Constitution is more important to me. There's plenty of ways to skin a cat.

If I'm Tiger Woods, I don't say a effing word to anyone. Just last week I got charges on a Home Invasion - 1st Degree....all because the suspect was advised of Miranda, waived his rights, and gave it all up. Before that, I didn't have enough to get charges. I love big yaps...makes my job easy, but I like the Bill of Rights ever more.

Again, no one is required to talk to me or any other law enforcement agency. I can investigate everything from the Larceny of $5 to a triple homicide, and not a single soul, from suspect, to witness, is "Required" to talk to me if they don't want to.

Sure it makes my job hard as a Detective, but you know what, the Constitution is more important to me. There's plenty of ways to skin a cat.

If I'm Tiger Woods, I don't say a effing word to anyone. Just last week I got charges on a Home Invasion - 1st Degree....all because the suspect was advised of Miranda, waived his rights, and gave it all up. Before that, I didn't have enough to get charges. I love big yaps...makes my job easy, but I like the Bill of Rights ever more.

fine and dandy but the persistent press and TMZ will hound him 4ever

every golf tourney, tiger was it a 6 iron or 7 iron on driveway?

They'll have to ask on day 1 or 2, because with all this crap on his mind I don't see how he's going to make many cuts the rest of the year.

he's cancelling his own tourney this week ( as most anyone would) and wont play again til at least late january. it will get a mention upon his return to golf no matter when, but will long be subsided by then. as it should be.

florida's domestic violence laws are very strict... she could face charges regardless of if woods presses the matter

oh and by the way she's not an American citizen... if she gets convicted of a felony she could be deported (!)

beware of viking girl... queen of the north ;)

It was reported last night that Woods wife told police that he is taking medication and showed them the prescription bottles.

Sounds to me like she already opened the door to Woods being under the influence of narcotics while driving.

i'm gonna hold off believing any of these reports til the nat'l enquirer hits the newstands & offers up some whole truths to this matter

florida's domestic violence laws are very strict... she could face charges regardless of if woods presses the matter

oh and by the way she's not an American citizen... if she gets convicted of a felony she could be deported (!)

Agreed. However, if my experience in MI is any indication, the lack of "victim" participation in the matter is extremely significant and will have great impact on obtaining charges. With as many trials that have been lost due to recanting victims or uncooperative victims, most states are hard pressed to prosecute on their own without definitive evidence.

i'm gonna hold off believing any of these reports til the nat'l enquirer hits the newstands & offers up some whole truths to this matter

Yeah the National Enquirer where we get all the facts -no wonder print journalism is dying.

fine and dandy but the persistent press and TMZ will hound him 4ever

every golf tourney, tiger was it a 6 iron or 7 iron on driveway?

Bill Clinton was president and he managed to get by. Tiger Woods is a pro golfer, which is somewhat less important.

Again someday soon TMZ and everyone else will get tired of this and go annoy someone else. As GOB notes, criminal suspects or witnesses don't have to talk to the cops. Whether the media or the public or anyone else likes or dislikes it is legally irrelevant. And domestic violence cases with more evidence don't get prosecuted because witnesses refuse to talk. This is at worst a misdemeanor, so a DA in msot states couldn't empanel a grand jury, and the wife or Tiger's attorney could rightly say doing so was selective prosecution. Any DA who would order his local CSI to investigate something this minor would be wasting taxpayer dollars. And I'd bet Tiger has already paid his neighbor what ever it cost to repair the driveway.

And if between now and April Tiger says nothing, the 2010 Masters will be the most-watched gold tournament ever. DO you think CBS or Nike are going to be upset about that?

Bill Clinton was president and he managed to get by. Tiger Woods is a pro golfer, which is somewhat less important.

Again someday soon TMZ and everyone else will get tired of this and go annoy someone else. As GOB notes, criminal suspects or witnesses don't have to talk to the cops. Whether the media or the public or anyone else likes or dislikes it is legally irrelevant. And domestic violence cases with more evidence don't get prosecuted because witnesses refuse to talk. This is at worst a misdemeanor, so a DA in msot states couldn't empanel a grand jury, and the wife or Tiger's attorney could rightly say doing so was selective prosecution. Any DA who would order his local CSI to investigate something this minor would be wasting taxpayer dollars. And I'd bet Tiger has already paid his neighbor what ever it cost to repair the driveway.

And if between now and April Tiger says nothing, the 2010 Masters will be the most-watched gold tournament ever. DO you think CBS or Nike are going to be upset about that?

they will hound him forever until truth comes out

Clinton the truth came out... Monica gave Prez a BJ in oval office and

his shooting seamen found its way on her dress.

Simple lol

they will hound him forever until truth comes out

Clinton the truth came out... Monica gave Prez a BJ in oval office and

his shooting seamen found its way on her dress.

Simple lol

Who is "they"? The media? Please. They'll get bored once Lindsay Lohan ODs or Angelina Jolie leaves Brad Pitt. There's only so much they can say before some new other hot story becomes their focus.

The media is vapid.

Might be too late anyway

The Tiger Woods scandal is growing.

Several other women say they have had affairs with the worlds No. 1 golfer, according to Radaronline.com.

One woman who has come forward is Jaimee Grubbs, who appeared on VH1's "Tool Academy." Grubbs told Us Weekly that she was involved with Woods for 31 months.

She told the magazine that she had 20 sexual encounters with Tiger and has photos, more than 300 racy texts and a voicemail from Nov. 24. In the voicemail, Tiger is said to suggest that his wife might know about the alleged affair.

The two met in April 2007, she claims.

Last week, the National Enquirer reported that Woods had an affair with Rachel Uchitel, a New York party planner. She has denied that accusation.

NEIGHBORS COMFORTED TIGER AFTER CRASH: LAWYERS

WOODS' SUV HAD NO BLOOD IN IT, DESPITE INJURY: REPORT

EXCLUSIVE: THE NIGHT I MET TIGER WOODS

PHOTOS: RACHEL UCHITEL

PHOTOS: TIGER'S WRECKED CAR

PHOTOS: TIGER WOODS AND HIS FAMILY

A rich decent-looking married athlete screws good-looking fake-breasted slutty women on the road-I'm shocked, SHOCKED. The governor nor the Mayor of New York nor the President of the United States of America would never do such awful things, to speak nothing of the high morals of the Governor of New Jersey amongst other manly men in Vince Lombardi service area restroom stalls.

Such has NEVER happened with a rich married athlete before, uh, except-lets' see off the top of my head...John Elway, Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, Patrick Ewing, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Joe Dimaggio, Alex Rodriguez(uh, this could be a VERY LONG list!). The earth may fall off it's axis, gravity will cease to hold us on the face of the earth and dogs and cats will live together, all because a GOLFER got a lil'on the side.

OY!

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912027740572/news/

Tiger comments on current events

By Tiger Woods

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

OY!

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912027740572/news/

Tiger comments on current events

By Tiger Woods

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

wow $1B in bank and a knockout wife...not enuff it seems

Archived