KERRY RHODES TRADED!!!!

SoFlaJets

Yes, and?

Nickel and dime packages are only helpful if you have DBs that cover. If you add a safety because he hits and isn't a *****, but gets lost in coverage it doesn't really help.

A true pass rusher is a near impossiblity with the FA restrictions and picking where they are picking. They are at a premium. It'd be as likely for Gholston to be a true pass rusher as anybody they end up with at 29.

What I'm saying is most likely this "Safety" we speak of probably won't be playing as much vs. the Colts anyway. I was speaking in terms of the draft as far as hopefully finding a pass rusher.

Anyway, If we want the best all around safety post 1st round I'm putting my money on Major Wright.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have one yet. But I know that Taylor Mays can't since he can't backpedal and can't cover.

He's a linebacker at best in a 4-3 cover 2 defense.

Please let us know when you do. Your vast knowledge and willingness to provide an educated opinion is greatly appreciated. I wont know what to do with myself until you tell us.

you tried to rag on Big L for saying something he didnt, smh this is an open forum since when does someone need a reason to quote.

yeah Im bent out of shape but it has nothing to do with how Kerry Rhodes looks. I could give 2 f-cks about how any guy looks, like that means squat to me LOL

DLJ, Rhodes is gone because he wasn't as good as some fans think he was. This is why you take a measly fourth rounder with a throw-in seventh rounder for him, because that's what the market bears for a player of his actual, not perceived, caliber.

Go buy a Sanchez jersey. You'll be safe with that one for a few years, at least. :cheers:

Stop Im just getting started. Who's your choice to replace Rhodes?

IMO replacing him isn't mandatory. They could go with Smith and Ihedigbo. They'd be weak in coverage, but most of this board apparently doesn't value that trait at the present time. It's a weak spot, but they could go with what they have. Decent safety can be found in the mid to late rounds. Erik Coleman, Rhodes and Gibril Wilson are guys that come to mind as later round guys who started and played well as rookies. They could pick up a real S like Bethea or high pick, but they don't have to.

DLJ, Rhodes is gone because he wasn't as good as some fans think he was. This is why you take a measly fourth rounder with a throw-in seventh rounder for him, because that's what the market bears for a player of his actual, not perceived, caliber.

Go buy a Sanchez jersey. You'll be safe with that one for a few years, at least. :cheers:

A Namath jersey is a way better option or in her situation a BOOZER jersey she will never go wrong with that one---------------:cheers:

IMO replacing him isn't mandatory. They could go with Smith and Ihedigbo. They'd be weak in coverage, but most of this board apparently doesn't value that trait at the present time. It's a weak spot, but they could go with what they have. Decent safety can be found in the mid to late rounds. Erik Coleman, Rhodes and Gibril Wilson are guys that come to mind as later round guys who started and played well as rookies. They could pick up a real S like Bethea or high pick, but they don't have to.

Wasnt Gibril Wilson just cut????????

What I'm saying is most likely this "Safety" we speak of probably won't be playing as much vs. the Colts anyway. I was speaking in terms of the draft as far as hopefully finding a pass rusher.

Anyway, If we want the best all around safety post 1st round I'm putting my money on Major Wright.

You play a nickel or dime and you're taking a safety out? You're putting a CB in for a LB, not a safety. I'm certainly not burning a 1st rounder on a guy I pull on passing downs.

I'll miss him dammit. LOL

Watch him become a Probowler in AZ.

you tried to rag on Big L for saying something he didnt, smh this is an open forum since when does someone need a reason to quote.

yeah Im bent out of shape but it has nothing to do with how Kerry Rhodes looks. I could give 2 f-cks about how any guy looks, like that means squat to me LOL

So then it's just the vagina you're relating to with him? I'm really not getting it. As a Jet's fan I don't see how you could be upset he's off the team. If it wasn't before it definitely became 100% necessary to get rid of him after we added Cromartie. A corner who won't tackle is more forgivable then a saftey but you can't have both of them back there flicking their bean on running plays

You play a nickel or dime and you're taking a safety out? You're putting a CB in for a LB, not a safety. I'm certainly not burning a 1st rounder on a guy I pull on passing downs.

OK. Let's be clear here. Strickland was going to play the entire game against the Colts before injury. My point is there will be a nickle or dime back playing over an Austin Collie, not the safety.

I'll miss him dammit. LOL

Watch him become a Probowler in AZ.

Look at the bright side: Now when he's tweeting about where he's going to dinner 15 minutes after a game in which he gave up completions in front of him all day and let running backs use his jersey as an ass-rag, we can all feel better about it knowing he's poisoning another team! lol!

DLJ he mentioned Gibril Wilson not me------------:shutit:

Look at the bright side: Now when he's tweeting about where he's going to dinner 15 minutes after a game in which he gave up completions in front of him all day and let running backs use his jersey as an ass-rag, we can all feel better about it knowing he's poisoning another team! lol!

He did turn into a little bitch and played like a ***** on Sundays.

M'lady DLJ -

Theres another forum of Jet fans on the internet that is very hot on this same subject. Currently, a little ringleader who, thanking God and all his graces is never allowed to sign in here again (and I mean little in height and thought processing capacity ... think little white rapper) is leading a charge that states this move not only decimates and removes us from being the best passing defense in the league - but further - removes us from being the best defense.

Please do not put yourself in this category. You are light years smarter and better than that. I know you liked Kerry, but please, for us. Smootch NJ

M'lady DLJ -

Theres another forum of Jet fans on the internet that is very hot on this same subject. Currently, a little ringleader who, thanking God and all his graces is never allowed to sign in here again (and I mean little in height and thought processing capacity ... think little white rapper) is leading a charge that states this move not only decimates and removes us from being the best passing defense in the league - but further - removes us from being the best defense.

Please do not put yourself in this category. You are light years smarter and better than that. I know you liked Kerry, but please, for us. Smootch NJ

Ok you were nice to me I'll behave now.

M'lady DLJ -

So Hammer doesn't like this trade?

It's official boys! The Kerry Rhodes trade was a brilliant move by Tannenbaum.

So Hammer doesn't like this trade?

It's official boys! The Kerry Rhodes trade was a brilliant move by Tannenbaum.

LOL

The hammer is laying down some rap now? It would figure:

Da pig gunna eat

Da pig gunna grow

Now da pig is ripe and we slaughter da hoe

So a 2nd rounder on a CB after we just probably traded a 2nd rounder for a corner. Makes sense.

Ugh.

The Jets are limited on what they can do. What do you suggest? Maybe they have someone in mind for the last 4 rounds but I hope there's something better in the works. I'm not against them trying Lowery out at S, especially if they don't like his progress at CB.

Clearly Kerry was not in their plans, and I'm assuming the agreement that Rex and Kerry came to after his benching was "Play hard from here on out so that you don't completely **** your value up and we will ship you out as soon as possible."

Kerry held up his end. It just sucks that he couldn't get over the fact that Revis became the defensive leader.

The Jets are limited on what they can do. What do you suggest? Maybe they have someone in mind for the last 4 rounds but I hope there's something better in the works. I'm not against them trying Lowery out at S, especially if they don't like his progress at CB.

Clearly Kerry was not in their plans, and I'm assuming the agreement that Rex and Kerry came to after his benching was "Play hard from here on out so that you don't completely **** your value up and we will ship you out as soon as possible."

Kerry held up his end. It just sucks that he couldn't get over the fact that Revis became the defensive leader.

I too thought Kerry laid down intimidated by Revis. He may have never been a team player. he wanted the glory and didnt care about winning.

Archived