Rotoworld: Jets Talking Trade (Brandon Marshall): MERGED

Ghost

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and I'll say it for zillionth time: the Jets and Broncos do not make deals with each other-they steal players from one another but do not deal-won't happen here either

Since Brandon is an RFA, we may sign him to an offer sheet anyways, and it wouldn't require a trade. Even so, the Jets could at least TRY to offer a trade to Denver beforehand. Who knows, maybe Tanny has helped make the relationship with Denver better?

The Jets most certainly do not think they need an upgrade because of Cotchery. Cotch is the best receiver on the team, Bmarsh would just be an other piece to make the offense more balanced.

exactly

i'd rather trade Edwards than Cotch any day

if we want Marshall jus give up the 1st. he'll be well worth it.

I think that the Jets are going to go heavy on offense in the draft. I think they're trying to do the trade because if they can get Marshall via trade then we'll be getting our slot in the 1st round. Also, with the trade of Rhodes we received a 4th rounder this year so I think we have 7 draft picks this year....meaning that we'll be trading some draft picks again this year to move up in places.

I really hope that if we get Marshall and keep our picks we can keep J-Co. He's literally been Sanchez go to guy on tough plays, and he came through every time.

I would not be in the market for Brandon Marshall if I were the Jets. Great talent, but lots of character issues (both in his personal life, and in regards to his team and teammates).

You have to think about how something will affect the locker room, rather than just what he can do between the goal lines.

Look to the draft for WRs, or make a trade for someone else; but NO to Brandon Marshall.

We didn't make an offer when he was the Broncos' property. We haven't signed him to an offer sheet now that he's a restricted free agent. How you interpret this to mean that we keep trying to get him is beyond me and the rest of the English-speaking world. When you see words like 'having internal discussions' and 'seriously exploring the possibility' you should recognize them as clues that somebody is exploiting your credulity to drive advertising revenues.

+1

It's NEVER, EVER been reported that Tannenbaum has made concrete efforts to get Marshall. All of these links concern "internal discussions" or "exploring possibility" (as you mention). It's never been reported than Tanny ever called the Broncos or made an offer to trade for Marshall.

who cares what we're defined as when it comes to making moves? would you rather be limited to ground and pound or have both options to attack with?

the guy outplayed his contract since his rookie year and hasnt made 1/50 of what hes worth so far in his career so he has the right to be angry, hes still the best receiver in the league.. andre johnsons close

Marshall+Edwards would be THE most punishing wr duo in the NFL, bar none and that is a fact. #2 DBs and safeties in the afc would be miserable at the thought of playing the jets. And would it be possible at all for Sanchez not to break out with those targets?

As for the Jets being a ground and pound team, go look at the highlight reel of Marshall and what he does with YAC just punishing DBs, if that isn't ground and pound nothing is.

Archived