TJB Has Insight Into Leon Washington's Offer

Maxman

How can you say youve had enough of him????

Did you have enough of him beating the Pats with that ridiculous return on the thursday night game?

Or the time when he single handedly beat the dolphins in Miami?

Everyone has an opinion but on the field the guy has been a beast for us. I feel like a lot of people have totally forgotten what a player hes been for us. If we dont resign him it will be a mistake.

What's more plausible: That the Dolphins might have interest in Leon (Gasp!) or that the Jets FO lied about a contract offer made over a year ago and nobody--including a buffoon, motor-mouthed agent--got around to making this fraud public?

Keels is a POS.

Why did it take this long to clear the air? ...because it is BS from a terrible agent who cost his player 10+ million dollars that the player can never recoup.

BTW... for all the Leon lovers... he was extremely pedestrian last year until he got hurt and his production dropped considerably when he became a bigger part of the offense.

How can you say youve had enough of him????

Did you have enough of him beating the Pats with that ridiculous return on the thursday night game?

Or the time when he single handedly beat the dolphins in Miami?

Everyone has an opinion but on the field the guy has been a beast for us. I feel like a lot of people have totally forgotten what a player hes been for us. If we dont resign him it will be a mistake.

UMMMM.... Did you watch the games last year?

2009 72 Rushing Attempts for 331 yards with a avg of 4.6 a attempt a long of 33 yards With ZERO TD's

2008 76 Rushing Attempts ( only 4 more ) 448 Yds With a avg of 5.9! he had a 61 yard TD and 6 TD

The cat showed he cant "carry the mail" like Rex said he is a 3rd Down back period.

I like Leon but he was not the same player as in 06,07 and 08.

Last year we were using him the wrong way. Thats a mistake a lot of teams make ala devin hester.

We need to learn from our mistake and give him another chance to return kicks and catch passes out of the backfield.

He was the type of dynamic player that could have pushed us over the top against the colts if he had the same responsibilities as years past.

And on top of that he has always been well liked in the locker room and a good guy from what it seems. I just remember how excited I was when Brady scored and Leon came right back and returned a kick for the td. I cant believe people want to get rid of him before giving him a chance to see if he still has "it."

i smell a rat.it was my understanding that leon wanted 6m per year.it was also my understanding the deal was almost in place last year,and the only thing that stopped the deal was that the jets wanted to start the contract after last year and leon wanted it to kick in immedietely.so with that said,if leon wanted 6m per and the jets offered him less than half of 5m per(which would be 2.5m per)then why was the deal so close to being done.i could be wrong but i am pretty sure thats what i remember

I think it's interesting that this would come out now. While everyone's jumping to conclusions that this is Keels BS, I think this benefits the Jets - if they're hoping to move Leon.

Think about it... If teams thought Leon was worth almost $5M a year last season, they may think there's no way they can come up with an offer sheet the Jets won't match. If it turns out that the Jets only offered half that, then maybe they'll think they can sign him away for a relatively reasonable deal.

Why did it take this long to clear the air? ...because it is BS from a terrible agent who cost his player 10+ million dollars that the player can never recoup.

BTW... for all the Leon lovers... he was extremely pedestrian last year until he got hurt and his production dropped considerably when he became a bigger part of the offense.

Exactly, which is why if the Jets have a chance to get a 2nd rounder from ANY team, including the Dolphins, they should take the pick and run.

UMMMM.... Did you watch the games last year?

2009 72 Rushing Attempts for 331 yards with a avg of 4.6 a attempt a long of 33 yards With ZERO TD's

2008 76 Rushing Attempts ( only 4 more ) 448 Yds With a avg of 5.9! he had a 61 yard TD and 6 TD

The cat showed he cant "carry the mail" like Rex said he is a 3rd Down back period.

I like Leon but he was not the same player as in 06,07 and 08.

4.6 ypc means he can't "carry the mail"? By that standard Curtis Martin, Tomlinson, Eric Dickerson and Walter Payton couldn't "carry the mail" either. They were all well under that mark for their careers.

I'm not favoring $6M per for Leon, but I think people overstate his lack of production last season:

• In 2008 Favre was QB, in 2009 teams were stacking the box against Sanchez. Thomas Jones had less ypc too even though he uncharacteristically broke a few long ones.
  • I've seen numerous claims that in 2009 the team struggled earlier in the season to adapt to the zone blocking schemes installed by Callahan.
  • People accept Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones as #1 backs despite the fact that they can't catch a cold. Receptions out of the backfield are a big part of the game and Leon had more catches and yards than both of them combined in less than half the games. You can add Richardson's totals too. Still less.

If he were coming off a steroid suspension and not a serious injury I'd say his value would equate the same after 2009 as 2008. The injury concerns throw a whole new monkey wrench in there.

Archived