Darrelle Revis Holdout: MERGED

JonEJet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for nothin' but look who started this thread? If only Ham hadn't banned BJ, JI might be five minutes ahead of us instead of five minutes behind us.

No offense to Bergen, but I'd prefer it if he had started a "What are you listening toooooo right now at this very moment here in 2010" thread, in order to plug his man-love for the ******* BeeGee's, or some other feathered hair high pitched man band from a decade most of us are glad we didn't have to live through...

But this will do... I guess.

No offense to Bergen, but I'd prefer it if he had started a "What are you listening toooooo right now at this very moment here in 2010" thread, in order to plug his man-love for the ******* BeeGee's, or some other feathered hair high pitched man band from a decade most of us are glad we didn't have to live through...

But this will do... I guess.

I used up my likes for today... So well played. ;)

Situation: Revis signs wendsday... does he then play friday?

I mean I don't know if I want him starting week 1 if he only plays in the 4th preseason game against scrubs.

Rex said he would play Week 1 if he was signed the night before. It doesn't matter whether he plays Friday or not--he's not a rook, he knows the system...

I mean I don't know if I want him starting week 1 if he only plays in the 4th preseason game against scrubs.

Well Rex already said he automatically starts the day he shows up so, sorry.

Situation: Whether Revis signs Wednesday or not... Whether he then plays Friday or not.

I don't want you to start the game thread!

I'm with you.

Hopefully he'll be up to speed by week 3.

Situation: Whether Revis signs Wednesday or not... Whether he then plays Friday or not.

I don't want you to start the game thread!

I can't wait to see Brooklyn Jet on a game broadcast, both fingers pointing at his 24 jersey, screaming "Revis, baby! Jets Numbah One! What's up!? Revis Island, baby!" That alone would be worth the holdout.

I can't wait to see Brooklyn Jet on a game broadcast, both fingers pointing at his 24 jersey, screaming "Revis, baby! Jets Numbah One! What's up!? Revis Island, baby!" That alone would be worth the holdout.

Oh, there will definitely be jersey popping.

Twitter report: Jets, Revis close on contract

31 m ago By Bob Glauber

Ok, first of all, I'm just going to say that this is one of the most bizarro reporting jobs I've ever done in journalism, and is reflective of the wacky world of communication we live in. So bear with me if it takes a little while to get it all out.

Let's start here:

In a post on his Twitter account at around 3:30 p.m.,Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw wrote: "Revis and Jets announce new deal, probably Wednesday. You heard it here first. "Inside information!""

This was a stunning revelation, given the secretive nature of talks since the two sides agreed not to speak publicly about negotiations. And there have been a few follow-up tweets by Jets beat reporters, including @TheJetsStream (Manish Mehta of the Daily News) and @JennyVrentas (of the Star-Ledger), as well as ESPN's @Adam_Schefter suggesting that the report is not accurate.

There was also some speculation fromProfootballtalk.com's @GreggRosenthal that Cowlishaw's account was hacked.

Well, I can say with reasonable assurance that Cowlishaw's account has NOT been hacked. How? Well, I tweeted Cowlishaw and asked "is that really you saying that Revis signing is imminent?"

I also called Cowlishaw on his cell phone, but did not get a call back. However, I did get the following back.

"@BobGlauber Read what I wrote, Cubby (so u know it's me). Did I say imminent or announcement probably will be wednesday?"

The key word in here: "Cubby." That's the nickname I gave to Cowlishaw years ago when he was a beat reporter covering the Cowboys. So if Cowlishaw's Twitter account had been hacked, then it would have been an awfully unusual coincidence for said hacker to know that this is what I call Cowlishaw.

So rest assured that Cowlishaw is, in fact, reporting that a deal is close and could be announced as soon as Wednesday. (btw, Cubby, what the hell's the difference between "imminent" and "announcement will probably be wednesday?")

Now, is this really the case that a deal is close and could be announced Wednesday, when the Jets will hold an open practice at their old training camp at Hofstra? We're about to find out.

In the meantime, the only two sides with direct knowledge of the negotiations are holding to their posture of not speaking publicly. There is radio silence from the Jets and Revis' agents, Jonathan Feinsod and Neil Schwartz.

(Now, for more bizarro world of new media: You can only read this is you subscribe to Newsday or Cablevision [you can thank this Cablevision subscriber anytime - slats]. But we know of two media members - Brian Bassett of TheJetsblog.com and Rosenthal of PFT - who do subscribe. Which means that they'll eventually get the word out, that I'll be getting a few more Twitter followers along the way, that Cubby Cowlishaw will get more followers, too, and that the rest of the country might soon be calling this highly respected columnist "Cubby" for the rest of his career ... what a world!)

Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw is standing by his report that a deal between the Jets and Darrelle Revis is imminent.

Cowlishaw cites a source who he claims "has never been wrong." The New York Daily News, Newark Star-Ledger, and Adam Schefter of ESPN have all cautioned against it (the Daily News was especially adamant no deal is close), but Cowlishaw says an announcement could come as soon as Wednesday. Keep in mind that Cowlishaw is a columnist -- not a reporter -- but an end to the stalemate obviously makes the most sense for both sides. Aug. 22 - 4:53 pm et

if this is true, it will be interesting to see how they all spin it and save face

I would guess revis comes off his 16 mill stance, but gets huge bonuses and guarantees

what will be really interesting is if the jets try to add a holdout clause or some sort of trigger that would make a hold out insane

but I suspect cowlishaw has been duped or is just guessing this news because of the fact if a deal could be made, both sides would want revis in camp this week

This report suggest Cowlishaw thinks a deal is close. A deal is obviously not done. If the deal was done it would be announced on Monday.

Vrentas and Mehta are young pups about to learn the fateful lesson that a GM will lie to your face and damage your credibility if they think it could save him a nickel.

THEORY: Everyone is saying this Cowshare guy doesn't do football and isn't tight with the Jets cuz he's in Texas. Maybe the deal Cowshare knows about is a deal to trade Revis to a Texas based team and Cowshare heard about it from Texas people and thats why Vrentas and the other NY based writers know nothing.

Remember, a newspaper psychic predicted Revis going to the Texans for 2 first rounders.

Its interesting to me that several reporters are, in a small way, laying their reputations on the line. If Cowlishaw is wrong, he loses respect. If he's right, then Schefter, Vrentas and Mehta all look like they missed the boat.

I'll believe this when I see it. Schefter and the Jets' beat writers are more trustworthy than a Dallas-based writer.

Archived