We're going to win on Monday and we're going to win the SB!

Falcon63

You're right. Jet fans need more swagger. To practice I'm hanging out at the bus stop this morning with my kids. When the bus pulls up I'm gonna tell the driver and all those little brats the real deal. Who the smartest, dopest kids are in Thalberg Elementary. My kids are the ******* best and they all suck smelly cow balls (middle fingers waving hat on backwards).

Seriously guys, what happened to the swagger we all had during the offseason? I for one still think we are lone and behold, the best team in the NFL, easily. We are stacked at every position, assuming Sanchez can cut down on his mistakes.

The Claytons had a ton of swagger right up until they got to the OK corral.

Seriously guys, what happened to the swagger we all had during the offseason? I for one still think we are lone and behold, the best team in the NFL, easily. We are stacked at every position, assuming Sanchez can cut down on his mistakes.

"Swagger" is overrated...take it from a Nam vet.

Wow.

Name one position we aren't besides QB (and actually I think Mark Sanchez will have a great season).

OL: 2 Pro Bowlers, 2 very solid players, and better pass blocking at LG

QBs: Sanchez made lots of mistakes last season, but finished out strong in the playoffs when it mattered

HBs: Shonn Greene outplayed veteran Thomas Jones, and had the most rushing yards in the playoffs, and LT showed in preseason that he can still play

FBs: T-Rich is the best FB in the NFL, you could argue, and our rookie FB is a killer

TEs: Dustin Keller is one of the fastest TEs in the NFL and is Sanchez's go-to guy

WRs: Super Bowl MVP, solid deep threat, solid possession receiver, solid receiving HB, and solid receiving TE

DL: A top 5 DE in Shaun Ellis (yes, I just said top 5), and a top 3 DT in Kris Jenkins, along with Gholston showing why he should never have moved to OLB

LBs: Harris is one of the best ILBs in the NFL, along with Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace (after he recovers) is one of the best pass-rushing OLBs in the NFL

Secondary: Um, yeah, no need to explain

Name one position we aren't besides QB (and actually I think Mark Sanchez will have a great season).

In case you missed it, the NFL revolves around the QB position.

If Sanchez turns in another mediocre to poor season, the Jets will be a .500 football team.

He was the 28th ranked QB last year, the Jets passing offense was ranked 31st and Sanchez was dead last in 3rd down rating.

More concerning to Jets fans should be he continues to make the same dumb mistakes this year (locking on to receivers, throwing into double coverage, not stepping up in the pocket, etc.) that killed him last year.

Agsin, no matter how much talent the Jets have, they will only go as far as Sanchez takes them.

If Sanchez turns in another mediocre to poor season, the Jets will be a .500 football team.

He was the 28th ranked QB last year, the Jets passing offense was ranked 31st and Sanchez was dead last in 3rd down rating.

More concerning to Jets fans should be he continues to make the same dumb mistakes this year (locking on to receivers, throwing into double coverage, not stepping up in the pocket, etc.) that killed him last year.

Agsin, no matter how much talent the Jets have, they will only go as far as Sanchez takes them.

I remember you telling the crowd at JI that you liked the Sanchez pick a lot.

Wow.

When you become the voice of reason it's time to worry.

The Jet's have a very good team. BUT... The reason we will lose Monday is pretty simple--

1. Sanchez is going to turn the ball over

2. Ngata is going to pummel Ducasse and Slauson

Thats being said NO WAY we lose by more than 3 touchdowns. *SWAGGERLISCIOUS*

The Onion chimes in.... :lol:

Roger Goodell Urges Jets To Have More Sensible Goals Than Winning Super Bowl

September 8, 2010 | ISSUE 46•35

NEW YORK—During a visit with the team Wednesday, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the New York Jets to lower their Super Bowl expectations, suggesting they consider setting more manageable goals for the 2010-2011 season. "As commissioner, you hate to see one of your teams get disappointed, so I just told them, 'Look, the Super Bowl isn't for everybody,'" said Goodell, adding that while he understands the Jets went deep into the playoffs last season, it's important for them to recognize the difference between being a solid contender and a fluke hot streak. "A wild-card berth, that's realistic. Hell, going 8-8 and missing the playoffs by a game would be a pretty darn good season for them." After visiting the Jets, Goodell caught a plane to Tampa Bay, where he told the entire Buccaneers squad they should look into learning a trade or maybe going into sales.terminator.gif

POOR season, then the Jets will definitely struggle. MEDIOCRE and I think we're a contender. Let me put it to you this way-If Sanchez throws for about 2500 yards with 15 TD's and 10 INT's, somewhere in that range, it will be a vast improvement. It will also be enough given our defense and our running game. I think people are expecting that Sanchez has to throw for 3500 yds and 25+ TD's to not be a bust and for this team to win a SB. That's just not true.

POOR season, then the Jets will definitely struggle. MEDIOCRE and I think we're a contender. Let me put it to you this way-If Sanchez throws for about 2500 yards with 15 TD's and 10 INT's, somewhere in that range, it will be a vast improvement. It will also be enough given our defense and our running game. I think people are expecting that Sanchez has to throw for 3500 yds and 25+ TD's to not be a bust and for this team to win a SB. That's just not true.

i agree 100%

More important than the statistical aggregate total, Sanchez needs to eliminate the poor games (last year Bills, Pats at Foxboro, etc.) where he single-handidly cost the Jets a game.

And I agree, he does not need to throw for 3500 yards and 25+ TD's.

That would be a big improvement, but it would be a rarity for QB numbers like that to propel a team into the Super Bowl. Everything else would have to fall perfectly. The last teams standing usually feature the best offenses rather than the best defenses - as much as people love to repeat the ancient Defense Wins Championships mantra.

The flip-side, of course, is that a 3500 yard, 25 TD season would be one of the best seasons from a QB in NY Jets history. People need a little perspective here. That's probably too much to ask of Mark Sanchez (and Brian Schottenheimer) at this time. Hopefully he gets there in the near future, because that's how your team becomes a perennial contender.

I'd like to see him get into the 3000 yard range this year. That's still a little under 200 yards/game, and should be doable with the weapons at his disposal. If he can keep his TD's above his ints, that would be nice, too.

You're right. Jet fans need more swagger. To practice I'm hanging out at the bus stop this morning with my kids. When the bus pulls up I'm gonna tell the driver and all those little brats the real deal. Who the smartest, dopest kids are in Thalberg Elementary. My kids are the ******* best and they all suck smelly cow balls (middle fingers waving hat on backwards).

Lol! Ballin'!!!

That would be a big improvement, but it would be a rarity for QB numbers like that to propel a team into the Super Bowl. Everything else would have to fall perfectly. The last teams standing usually feature the best offenses rather than the best defenses - as much as people love to repeat the ancient Defense Wins Championships mantra.

The flip-side, of course, is that a 3500 yard, 25 TD season would be one of the best seasons from a QB in NY Jets history. People need a little perspective here. That's probably too much to ask of Mark Sanchez (and Brian Schottenheimer) at this time. Hopefully he gets there in the near future, because that's how your team becomes a perennial contender.

I'd like to see him get into the 3000 yard range this year. That's still a little under 200 yards/game, and should be doable with the weapons at his disposal. If he can keep his TD's above his ints, that would be nice, too.

I think what both of you guys are saying is the truth. If Sanchez throws for more TD's than picks and doesn't turn the ball over (fumble, mishandling snap) as often as he did last year that's a step in the right direction. The other step for me is to finally, FINALLY go through his reads. I'm afraid he's getting a case of the Leinarts "Oh 1st progression is covered, CHECK DOWN OH MY GOD CHECK DOWN NOW".

I think he has the tools physically, but he may lack the most important one.

The other step for me is to finally, FINALLY go through his reads. I'm afraid he's getting a case of the Leinarts "Oh 1st progression is covered, CHECK DOWN OH MY GOD CHECK DOWN NOW".

This is where LT is very helpful. At least in those panic situations, he has a guy who can make the first down out of nothing.

Archived