The Walking Dead

SenorGato

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Agreed.  But I'm very happy with the first 2 episodes.

The only knock being that terrible CGI they used to show the junkyard or whatever they were in when Rick was at the top of the trash heap.

Are we to assume that Daryl and Carrol ****?  Or are they just good friends?  lol

Father Gabriel is turning into a bad ass. 

Rosita is very annoying and a terrible actress.  Very hot though.

And when does home girl tell them about the all women arsenal?  Why is she holding back? 

The King is a gigantic pussy.  I wonder if he can even fight? 

The CGI was pretty bad.

I totally agree about Rosita. 

I think that girl is trying to protect her promise to the lasy or her daughter were she would keep that place a secret.

I think Ezekiel i suffering from Rickitis.  I imagine an episode will this year will cover the Kingdom's first meeting with the Saviors.  I am guessing his action led to that kid's father's death. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good progress again.  It will be interesting to see if Rick and co. outright steal the guns from the women's group, if they kill them, or if they convince them to join the fight.  At the same time, seems like we'll see Saviors push the Kingdom to the point where they have to respond.  I assume this season ends with Kingdom joining the fight, and basically just teasing the beginning of it.

45 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

The CGI was pretty bad.

I totally agree about Rosita. 

I think that girl is trying to protect her promise to the lasy or her daughter were she would keep that place a secret.

I think Ezekiel i suffering from Rickitis.  I imagine an episode will this year will cover the Kingdom's first meeting with the Saviors.  I am guessing his action led to that kid's father's death. 

The CGI wasnt pretty bad, it was awful. That whole scene in general was weird.  Why are they so weird?  The leader referred to introducing Rick to up-up-up. WTF??? Definitely the weirdest character intro thus far...but I kind of liked it.  It was like Rick bumped into the last remaining Star Trek fans of the world who all formed a secret society in the junkyard, created their own language and do some weird cult like sh*t on a mission to survive.

Rosita is annoying the sh*t out of me. She needs to die.  Maybe it can be a full frontal shower scene.

Tara has to eventually give up that group.  Has to.  Otherwise, they're ****ed.  I assume they spend an episode of her battling her inner demons and eventually giving them up.

I really really want to see some background on the Kingdom.  How Zeke came to power, how they were intro'd to the Saviors and how they've managed to keep them out of their doors.  I mean, Zeke had to have shown Negan something to let him just live this peaceful life with out harassment.  But what?  I'm almost more interested in that than I am the forming of an army to fight the Saviors.  That said, I'm interested to see how and what eventually tips the iceberg and get the kingdom to fight.  Me thinks it involves Carol. 

37 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Good progress again.  It will be interesting to see if Rick and co. outright steal the guns from the women's group, if they kill them, or if they convince them to join the fight.  At the same time, seems like we'll see Saviors push the Kingdom to the point where they have to respond.  I assume this season ends with Kingdom joining the fight, and basically just teasing the beginning of it.

I assume they convince them to fight, considering they had issues with the Saviors as well.  If I remember correctly, they had a lot defense surrounding the perimeter, it would be tough for them to sneak in without being noticed.  Plus, I think Tara would make that stupid face she makes and be upset with Rick if they decided to attack them for the guns. 

I think you're right.  I think this season is about building an army and next season will be the fight.  

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I assume they convince them to fight, considering they had issues with the Saviors as well.  If I remember correctly, they had a lot defense surrounding the perimeter, it would be tough for them to sneak in without being noticed.  Plus, I think Tara would make that stupid face she makes and be upset with Rick if they decided to attack them for the guns. 

I think you're right.  I think this season is about building an army and next season will be the fight.  

Convincing them to fight is one thing... Convincing them to give up their guns so that the other group will fight is another.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Convincing them to fight is one thing... Convincing them to give up their guns so that the other group will fight is another.

That's true.  I didnt think about it from the perspective.  Hmmm...

That's mean it might have to be a hostile take over, unless they're introduced to another option.

On 2/21/2017 at 3:52 PM, JiF said:

That's true.  I didnt think about it from the perspective.  Hmmm...

That's mean it might have to be a hostile take over, unless they're introduced to another option.

Hostile take over?  They have two guns.  :blink:

With the not so nimble Tara breaching their area, I doubt they will be as lax and probably have some more intrusion detection systems in place now.

They can present to the Ocean Community freedom from being fearful of the Saviors. 

13 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Hostile take over?  They have two guns.  :blink:

With the not so nimble Tara breaching their area, I doubt they will be as lax and probably have some more intrusion detection systems in place now.

They can present to the Ocean Community freedom from being fearful of the Saviors. 

Meh, maybe they can lean on the new crew to help them out with some weapons.  They could easily kidnap some of the younger girls to hold them hostage.  

If they try to go peaceful, I guess they're pitch could be, you have to give up half your weapons but you wont need them because they're wont be the fear of the Saviors.  Or Rick could make a deal that any remaining weapons they capture from the Saviors can be split or something like that. 

9 hours ago, JiF said:

Meh, maybe they can lean on the new crew to help them out with some weapons.  They could easily kidnap some of the younger girls to hold them hostage.  

If they try to go peaceful, I guess they're pitch could be, you have to give up half your weapons but you wont need them because they're wont be the fear of the Saviors.  Or Rick could make a deal that any remaining weapons they capture from the Saviors can be split or something like that.

So the group you made a drug deal to provide guns and people for the war you are now going to ask to help you kidnap a person in order to force another group to cooperate in a war?  A place only Tara has knowledge of.  On the Oceanside's 'home court'.  Were you know they are armed just as well as you.  A place where their stranger encounter mantra is to kill without any questions asked.  That is the plan?

7 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

So the group you made a drug deal to provide guns and people for the war you are now going to ask to help you kidnap a person in order to force another group to cooperate in a war?  A place only Tara has knowledge of.  On the Oceanside's 'home court'.  Were you know they are armed just as well as you.  A place where their stranger encounter mantra is to kill without any questions asked.  That is the plan?

No. Like a covert mission.  Just Tara and Rick and Michone or something like that.  Grab one of the youngsters and hold them randsom basically.

Solid so far, but not much more than that.  It's at least a step up from the heaping pile of crap that was the second half of last season / first half of this season.  You know nothing much is going to happen though, outside of the same things going around in circles, eventually becoming tiresome and uninteresting by season's end, as they'll drag this out so they can keep their streak alive of the worst cliffhangers imaginable.

It's definitely better now, but it's tough to really give much of a crap anymore.  It's already setup to record on the DVR, so when looking something to throw on at some point I'll still watch it, but that's about it.  The reality of television today:  shows last much longer than they ever would have before, simply because people can continue to watch them without actually putting any effort into it.  If it was a matter of setting aside a particular day and time each week like the old days, there's a whole lot of people who couldn't be bothered.  You have to grow to absolutely hate a show to bother to stop recording it, and that's about the best thing many of these shows have going for them.  Maybe they'll get their sh*t together and take a step up this time around, but recent seasons give little reason for such optimism.  Better to keep expectations low and perhaps be pleasantly surprised.  Quite frankly, all they'd need to do is kill off Carl and it would suddenly be my favorite show ever.

It's funny, I'm such a huge horror fan but for some odd reason, after about 4 episodes in during the first season, I lost interest. I'm not sure why. Then I was so far out of the loop with it, I said frig it. I guess I'll have to binge watch for three years straight to catch up, because it seems like there's a new season every five minutes. Probably won't be hard, because there's marathons on constantly. Anyway, I flick on it occasionally, but how does everyone have houses, electricity, fridges, food, shelter, cars, functioning appliances that work better than mine, and an endless supply of guns, fuel, canned goods, ammo, and batteries? Do they farm for food or just go to the local Zombie Shoprite? What happens when they're in the mood for ice-cream, pile in their Mustangs and hit the Zombie DQ? It begs the question. 

On 2/23/2017 at 7:16 PM, JiF said:

No. Like a covert mission.  Just Tara and Rick and Michone or something like that.  Grab one of the youngsters and hold them randsom basically.

Easier said then done.

Sneak in to a largely unknown area where you have no intel (traps, guard rotations, etc).  Grab said kid without being detected.  Sneak out +1 without being detected.

A colony that wants to be hidden now has three people that know where they are and you want to force them to join a war by kidnapping a kid.  Good Luck!

Again, a filler episode that is just bridging the gap until next season.  The previews for next episode, IMHO, all but show this is true.

With that being said, I did enjoy the episode.  Some good stories with Eugene and Dwight.

This show is going the way of Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. The bottom line is for a show to be truly great, it has to have a planned ending. It's pretty clear TWD has no end game planned out, and what you're seeing is the repeat of a plot, just in bigger/badder format. Negan is just the Governer all over again. When Negan is gone it'll be another bigger, badder bad guy.

Dexter had repeat after repeat of bad guy characters all while trying to figure out what to do with Dexter because the story never had a planned endgame.

Sons of Anarchy dragged out over and over with how they'll get out of guns, just as soon as they do this last thing, until they had to do the next last thing, and the next. It got so ridiculous that it pinned itself into possibly the 2nd most ridiculous show ending. Dexter will always hold that award.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

Easier said then done.

Sneak in to a largely unknown area where you have no intel (traps, guard rotations, etc).  Grab said kid without being detected.  Sneak out +1 without being detected.

A colony that wants to be hidden now has three people that know where they are and you want to force them to join a war by kidnapping a kid.  Good Luck!

Again, a filler episode that is just bridging the gap until next season.  The previews for next episode, IMHO, all but show this is true.

With that being said, I did enjoy the episode.  Some good stories with Eugene and Dwight.

Dude - its a show about zombies.  Easier said than done...have you seen some of the sh*t these guys have done?  haha ;-).  Either way, I was just spit balling ideas but I appreciate your constructive criticism.   

I liked the episode, while it wasnt super enthralling, I really do enjoy JDM as Negan.  He's fun to watch on the screen.  I like Eugene too.  He's an interesting character, funny and I dont mind them spending an episode to show him climbs the ranks of the Saviors.  I wonder where he allegiance will lie when all said and done.  

The Dwight saga is getting a little old but I'm sure it's building up to something bigger with him.  

I agree no action will take place this season.  It's definitely a set up for next season's actual war.  I'm still interested to see who and how they build this army with and how they plan on going about attacking the Saviors.  

18 hours ago, Snell41 said:

This show is going the way of Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. The bottom line is for a show to be truly great, it has to have a planned ending. It's pretty clear TWD has no end game planned out, and what you're seeing is the repeat of a plot, just in bigger/badder format. Negan is just the Governer all over again. When Negan is gone it'll be another bigger, badder bad guy.

Dexter had repeat after repeat of bad guy characters all while trying to figure out what to do with Dexter because the story never had a planned endgame.

Sons of Anarchy dragged out over and over with how they'll get out of guns, just as soon as they do this last thing, until they had to do the next last thing, and the next. It got so ridiculous that it pinned itself into possibly the 2nd most ridiculous show ending. Dexter will always hold that award.

Are you really watching for some climatic ending?  I feel that's not what these shows are about.  If it was, they'd have ended it already.  IMO these shows are more about the characters and the journey than anything else.

SOA was awesome because Jax Teller was the ******* man and the rest of the SONS were awesome too.  I personally had no problem with the ending.  Dexter was unwatchable for me because he was a terrible actor and just not an interesting character at all.

Ok so I'm starting to think that they have screwed up the Negan character on such an epic level that the show may never recover , I like JDM I'm not saying it's him , I can't put my finger on exactly what it is , but Negan was meant to be one of us , a good guy who handled the apocalypse differently , but deep down a good guy , almost like what Shane would have turned out to be if he actually left the farm and formed his own crew . He's supposed to be Ricks ultimate rival , him and Rick are supposed to kind of envy each other in a way while they hate each other ...maybe it's just me , maybe I'm explaining it poorly , I don't know ...the character just isn't working for me whatsoever . 

6 hours ago, Jolot said:

Ok so I'm starting to think that they have screwed up the Negan character on such an epic level that the show may never recover , I like JDM I'm not saying it's him , I can't put my finger on exactly what it is , but Negan was meant to be one of us , a good guy who handled the apocalypse differently , but deep down a good guy , almost like what Shane would have turned out to be if he actually left the farm and formed his own crew . He's supposed to be Ricks ultimate rival , him and Rick are supposed to kind of envy each other in a way while they hate each other ...maybe it's just me , maybe I'm explaining it poorly , I don't know ...the character just isn't working for me whatsoever . 

I haven't read the comics, so I can't speak to what he's supposed to be, but what you're ultimately saying is that there is no depth to Negan whatsoever.  He's just a bad guy who does bad things at this point.  Hence why I've constantly said that I don't understand how no one has taken a shot at him until the magic bullet/bat.  Maybe they'll add some depth?  Who knows... Probably not.

This episode was fine.  I guess it's a question about Eugene, who is kind of a spineless survivor.  Right now, he's a savior, because that increases his chance of surviving.  Probably why he didn't help the women to kill Negan.  As JIF points to above, it's a question of his allegiance, but I think that shifts in the wind with who gives him the best chance to survive.

On 2/27/2017 at 3:48 PM, Snell41 said:

The show doesn't have an ending because it's based on source material with no apparent ending.

I don't think in this case there is an end, only a journey.  Which, may be more satisfying when the show itself ends, then trying to manufacture something ridiculous.

3 hours ago, gEYno said:

I haven't read the comics, so I can't speak to what he's supposed to be, but what you're ultimately saying is that there is no depth to Negan whatsoever.  He's just a bad guy who does bad things at this point.  Hence why I've constantly said that I don't understand how no one has taken a shot at him until the magic bullet/bat.  Maybe they'll add some depth?  Who knows... Probably not.

This episode was fine.  I guess it's a question about Eugene, who is kind of a spineless survivor.  Right now, he's a savior, because that increases his chance of surviving.  Probably why he didn't help the women to kill Negan.  As JIF points to above, it's a question of his allegiance, but I think that shifts in the wind with who gives him the best chance to survive.

Agreed , AMC Negan would have been taken out by his own a long time ago , the latest reason, why would anyone sit around and watch him kill the ONLY doctor ( on the planet as far as they know ) for absolutely zero reason ...He goes before the doctor goes .

I love this show but it's absolutely tedious at the moment.

The odd exciting episode in amongst 4 or 5 of filler where nothing very much happens. I get that they're exploring some of the back stories and setting things up and that is kinda cool but it's a much better show when there's some tension involved. It's like a bloody soap opera at times ATM...

Finally caught up. 

Worst characters in TV history.

1. Gregory

2. Negan 

3. The Garbage Pale Team 

I'll still watch this dumbass show bc there are some good parts and I'm invested with some original characters, but not from/with the same perspective or fervor. 

The inconsistencies in this show are just too horrible to ignore. Mishonne fires an unsilenced sniper rifle into a crowd of walkers and not one of them turns towards the sound? A warehouse full of food with army walkers all carrying guns randomly at a carnival and this has never been found? I mean, if it's far enough away that Negan's men couldn't find it then why not just pack up and move so the whole gang could live in the walker free warehouse and carnival!?!?

63 guns , more than enough to ambush Negan, Lenny and Squggy when they come back to Alexandria...they took down the Governor and a damn Tank with less ...but let's hand them over to the Emos living in a landfill....good Lord, they screwed this Negan strotyline up so badly it's actually laughable at this point . 

14 hours ago, Snell41 said:

The inconsistencies in this show are just too horrible to ignore. Mishonne fires an unsilenced sniper rifle into a crowd of walkers and not one of them turns towards the sound? A warehouse full of food with army walkers all carrying guns randomly at a carnival and this has never been found? I mean, if it's far enough away that Negan's men couldn't find it then why not just pack up and move so the whole gang could live in the walker free warehouse and carnival!?!?

Yeah, if they at any point prior to taht came across that much food and that many guns, theya re scooping it up with both hands.If there are 23 characters we need no more backstory, it' s these 2.  Instead we get Rick and Michoine having a romantic day(2 days?)  at the fair,  following by 80s new wave weird speech pattern living in dump hondling about the guns. Move the story already. They are stringing this out as long as they can, figure war with the Saviors 2nd half of  next season. 

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I quit last year. From what I've heard, I did the right thing. I don't like Tedium as entertainment.

Every "new group" besides the original, be it Saviors, Garbage Turds, Forest of Lesbos, is so completely lame, the acting is incomprehensible, the scripts are unfathomable, the sub plots insultingly laughable. 

On 3/5/2017 at 10:14 PM, Snell41 said:

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious. I only watch it because of my GF, but I'm usually on my laptop. It's so bad 

A little thing got to me this time... all along everything crazy Rick has done has been justified as done for ensuring his children's survival.  Now, he's cool leaving Judith at home and shacking up with Michonne in the factory for a couple days because there's no rush to get home...

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

A little thing got to me this time... all along everything crazy Rick has done has been justified as done for ensuring his children's survival.  Now, he's cool leaving Judith at home and shacking up with Michonne in the factory for a couple days because there's no rush to get home...

Yeah, I found that weird.  But I get it after they talked about how one of the might die in the fight...he just wanted to enjoy their time together.  

And am I crazy but when he was giving her the "this is about the future" speech - did he forget to mention Carl? 

Archived