F*ck you, Vernon Gholston

T0mShane

F*ck you, Vernon Gholston.

Every time I watch another NFL team play, I see athletic edge rushers making great plays on the field and I wonder why you can't do even HALF of what they do, you miserable piece of sh*t. Whether it's Clay Matthews or Cameron Wake or DeMarcus Ware or Jason Pierre Paul, somebody is making the plays for their teams that you should be making for mine. And the sad part is that you HAVE the size. You HAVE the speed. You HAVE the talent to do what they do. But you DON'T have the guts, or the balls, or the heart to do it. You worthless piece of crap. Now, this Jets team is in contention despite your abject awfulness and instead of watching you contribute, we have to sit and watch as opposing QB's sit in the pocket all day long, threatening any chance we have at the Super Bowl and it's largely because you simply don't want to do anything about it. You f*cking pussy. Now, the next contribution you make to this team will be when you're cut and we somehow hope that your imminent cap hit doesn't f*ck us somewhere else down the line. We've had busts here before, you godforsaken homo, but we've never had one with obviously so little interest in helping this team. You are a disgrace, Gholston. Thanks for cashing those checks and doing nothing. F*ck you. In ten years, I hope we find out that you're living in an abandoned car in an alley somewhere in Gary, Indiana with no teeth and a crack addiction. Pathetic.

Happy Holidays,

Tom Shane

P.S. Bitch

it kills ya doesn't it ? the GM saw a need, used a high pick on it, and WHIFF nada, zilch zippo from it

the worst part is I have literally never seen him attempt any kind of move

I'd script out his pass rushes for him, to get him started

rip/swim outside

spin inside

bull

etc etc tec

cuz bull rush after bull rush isn't working really

Not for nothing but who exactly has improved under Rex defensively? Devito? Harris? Revis was ready to be a star..Gholston may be a bust but I am not ready to call Rex a genius just yet

This is true. There isn't one player you could point to that Rex ever salvaged. He didn't fix Gholston, he didn't fix Kerry Rhodes, and Kyle Wilson has been a no-show. The system, defensively, looks like a winner, but we have yet to see one player really develop in it. Hell, where on the roster is the player who has developed into a star? Sanchez maybe?

Not for nothing but who exactly has improved under Rex defensively? Devito? Harris? Revis was ready to be a star..Gholston may be a bust but I am not ready to call Rex a genius just yet

it's not Rex, it' hard for a HC to develope talent. the DC should and Pettine sucks! bring in Rob Ryan!!!

well, rex was smart enough to see he couldn't cover anyone and to put his hand in the dirt at least

I never considered rex a genius, just aggresive

This is true. There isn't one player you could point to that Rex ever salvaged. He didn't fix Gholston, he didn't fix Kerry Rhodes, and Kyle Wilson has been a no-show. The system, defensively, looks like a winner, but we have yet to see one player really develop in it. Hell, where on the roster is the player who has developed into a star? Sanchez maybe?

Maybe only Pouha and DeVito.

Pace and Thomas are not playing anywhere near the level they were at last year. Safety play has been borderline abysmal.

On top of that the league has also had a year to look at Ryan's schemes which are now being picked apart. Calvin Pace was supposed to be a huge pass rushing threat no? Too many stories and excuses and the bottom line is that this is not a shutdown defense as they head into the playoffs.

On top of that the league has also had a year to look at Ryan's schemes which are now being picked apart. Calvin Pace was supposed to be a huge pass rushing threat no? Too many stories and excuses and the bottom line is that this is not a shutdown defense as they head into the playoffs.

schemes don't get picked apart, players do

are you really putting it out there that teams have finally caught up to rex ?

lol

he barely even sent pressure today

why ?

cuz when he does the players just get burned

his backers couldn't cover you or me, and wilson sucking had a ripple effect on the secondary

if rex sends pressure, it's an easy completion to the TE or slot WR

he doesn't have the horses, plain and simple

First time through the league, a lot of pitchers look good. Second time through the league, they give up a sh*tload of home runs until they develop another pitch. We better hope Rex has another pitch.

First time through the league, a lot of pitchers look good. Second time through the league, they give up a sh*tload of home runs until they develop another pitch. We better hope Rex has another pitch.

meh, a manager analogy would be better, rex isn't actually playing

he has 17 pitches, none of his players can throw em tho

And if this other pitch does not happen soon another wasted year with a talented group of players.

The league has seen Ryan's schemes since he was the D coordinator in Baltimore and people afre starting to catch on now? It's not the scheme, it's the players. When you can't get consistent pressure on the QB in your base defense, you will never succeed. This team does not have one legitimate pass rusher that can demand a double team. Get a guy like that and the blitzes become a lot more effective,

F*ck you, Vernon Gholston.

Every time I watch another NFL team play, I see athletic edge rushers making great plays on the field and I wonder why you can't do even HALF of what they do, you miserable piece of sh*t. Whether it's Clay Matthews or Cameron Wake or DeMarcus Ware or Jason Pierre Paul, somebody is making the plays for their teams that you should be making for mine. And the sad part is that you HAVE the size. You HAVE the speed. You HAVE the talent to do what they do. But you DON'T have the guts, or the balls, or the heart to do it. You worthless piece of crap. Now, this Jets team is in contention despite your abject awfulness and instead of watching you contribute, we have to sit and watch as opposing QB's sit in the pocket all day long, threatening any chance we have at the Super Bowl and it's largely because you simply don't want to do anything about it. You f*cking pussy. Now, the next contribution you make to this team will be when you're cut and we somehow hope that your imminent cap hit doesn't f*ck us somewhere else down the line. We've had busts here before, you godforsaken homo, but we've never had one with obviously so little interest in helping this team. You are a disgrace, Gholston. Thanks for cashing those checks and doing nothing. F*ck you. In ten years, I hope we find out that you're living in an abandoned car in an alley somewhere in Gary, Indiana with no teeth and a crack addiction. Pathetic.

Happy Holidays,

Tom Shane

P.S. Bitch

Agree with it all, but this.

He just sucks. Yes, physically he looks the part. But he doesn't work at his craft and he doesm't give a shat. Call it talent or what ever, he doesn't have it.

The league has seen Ryan's schemes since he was the D coordinator in Baltimore and people afre starting to catch on now? It's not the scheme, it's the players. When you can't get consistent pressure on the QB in your base defense, you will never succeed. This team does not have one legitimate pass rusher that can demand a double team. Get a guy like that and the blitzes become a lot more effective,

Agreed been saying this all year.

schemes don't get picked apart, players do

are you really putting it out there that teams have finally caught up to rex ?

lol

he barely even sent pressure today

why ?

cuz when he does the players just get burned

his backers couldn't cover you or me, and wilson sucking had a ripple effect on the secondary

if rex sends pressure, it's an easy completion to the TE or slot WR

he doesn't have the horses, plain and simple

You may not have noticed, but the jets have given up about 40 points 2 of the last 3 weeks, have no pass rush, cannot stop other teams when they need to, and inexplicably rush 3 pass rushes against 6 linemen and get picked apart late in games.

Sh-t happens. That's what the draft is all about.

The Jets drafted Vernon to be a pass rushing demon in the 3-4. If he was the Jets defense would be tremendously better.

He's not, so the defense is hurt by it.

If he had become what Tanny thought he would be Cutler wouldn't have had all day to throw and neither would other QBs.

Amen bro ... I commented in the game thread that I wish Gholston had to work as a concrete laborer just to eat every time I see an opposing QB back there with enough time to throw a jack before they complete passes 6-8 seconds into the play. That dogball lickin MF'r is WORTHLESS and we wasted a huge pick on him. We provide almost zero pressure. 10th in sacks and $2.15 gets you a Grande coffee at Starbucks - the Bears O line SUCKS - yet Mopeler had all day to throw the ball. Sickening.

It happens to all kinds of coaches. Look at Mangini in year 1---> year 2. Rexs team was better last year and in some ways has been lucky this year. Clearly last years strength was figured out but luckily the QB kept the Jets in the playoffs or Rex would have had the Mangini fate of going from a playoff team to a 5 or 6 win team. I do have faith in Ryan. He went through this in Baltimore once when he got beat up in his first year as D-coordinator. Its also normal for elite level defenses to fall one year to the next mainly because scheme trumps skill on that side of the ball unless the team is just stacked from an athletic standpoint and most coaches dont tinker with scheme after a great season.

The Jets clearly need athletes on defense. Rex does a good job of being able to plug "no names" in certain spots (DeVito, Pouha) but he cant get anything extra out of contract guys like Calvin Pace who is just a dog on the field this year. His level of play is exactly why the Cardinals dumped him back in 2008. The team is so slow at the edges now. Pace, Ellis, Thomas, and Taylor simply cant do it. The safety's are also slow which means no added support. Pool has been a big disappointment as a fill in for Kerry Rhodes. Id expect the Jets to go heavy on defense in the draft and free agency next year.

At least the career of the Ghost is just about done. Worst Jets draft pick in 20 years. My favorite play of his yesterday was a run play that went for a first down and his support consisted of lopping around from end so that he could be about 5 yards away from the pile and not get his jersey dirty.

It's the players? Then why wasn't this a problem last year? Which pass rusher did we lose? Marques Douglas? Harold Green? Same players, add Jason Taylor and Trevor Pryce. How are the players the problem?

You may not have noticed, but the jets have given up about 40 points 2 of the last 3 weeks, have no pass rush, cannot stop other teams when they need to, and inexplicably rush 3 pass rushes against 6 linemen and get picked apart late in games.

Actually they haven't. Over the last 3 weeks they have given up a total of 65 points. Average 21.6 ppg. For the season they have only give up more than 20 four times. Get over it.

it kills ya doesn't it ? the GM saw a need, used a high pick on it, and WHIFF nada, zilch zippo from it

the worst part is I have literally never seen him attempt any kind of move

I'd script out his pass rushes for him, to get him started

rip/swim outside

spin inside

bull

etc etc tec

cuz bull rush after bull rush isn't working really

Maybe the GM should have listened to me. I wanted C Long, Mayo or Stewart.

Tully Banta-Cain > Gholston. That is sad.

That is sad because I HATE TULLY BANTA-CAIN. Freakin' guy isn't even a jag. He's a haol. HORRIBLE AND OFFENSIVE LOSER.

Yes, Gainzo, I have found Ellis Hobbs/Lawrence Maroney's replacement as my most hated player.

Archived