Full Metal Alchemist- Official Game Thread

Vicious89x

I also think a little bit much is being made about CTM asking mod clarification questions...weren't any of the rest of you curious about how the role reveal limitations were gonna work?

I didn't think CTM was acting too out-of-the-ordinary. Isn't he usually the first one to ask the mod questions like that? Plus, I can see why he might be interested and am surprised you of all people wouldn't see it. It changes the town's approach in a huge way. Typically I'd expect you to be out in front talking about how this affects our strategy.

Agreed. I don't see anything wrong with somebody asking questions on thread, and it saved a few of you typing up a pm I bet.

super-cool-story-bro.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just didn't see it as a big deal.

Vic notoriously doesn't like inactives, but he also doesn't like when games drag on - hence the strict deadlines in this one. I saw the limit of reveals to be an extension of that, so that the town didn't keep running up train after train. Didn't really see it as effecting play too much, as we usually get bored and lynch before we try to run a fourth train up to reveal, anyway. I definitely don't see it really changing our approach in a huge way. At least it shouldn't.

Also, CTM was quick to lynch the first guy who revealed last game, so I didn't really see it effecting his play much at all. :lol:

Yeah, but the game prior it was 4+ ... and pac played terribly last game (twice!), can't help that... this is potentially a significant change

I just didn't see it as a big deal.

Vic notoriously doesn't like inactives, but he also doesn't like when games drag on - hence the strict deadlines in this one. I saw the limit of reveals to be an extension of that, so that the town didn't keep running up train after train. Didn't really see it as effecting play too much, as we usually get bored and lynch before we try to run a fourth train up to reveal, anyway. I definitely don't see it really changing our approach in a huge way. At least it shouldn't.

Also, CTM was quick to lynch the first guy who revealed last game, so I didn't really see it effecting his play much at all. :lol:

Lol you do remember it was a completely different situation with the role reveals last game ...

I see it affecting us because we have to be pickier about running up trains, it might prevent us from the last-minute switching before deadline, counterclaiming a false claim by scum may be different, not sure yet how partial claiming would fit in, etc. Basically, the dynamic of the game could be very different. It is possible there won't be much of a difference in the end, but to me it seems like it could change things a lot when you think about how we usually play the game.

Yes. It's all part of the master plan...

It's going to be interesting to see how the role reveal limitation is going to have an affect on gameplay.

Yeah, but the game prior it was 4+ ... and pac played terribly last game (twice!), can't help that... this is potentially a significant change

Lol you do remember it was a completely different situation with the role reveals last game ...

I see it affecting us because we have to be pickier about running up trains, it might prevent us from the last-minute switching before deadline, counterclaiming a false claim by scum may be different, not sure yet how partial claiming would fit in, etc. Basically, the dynamic of the game could be very different. It is possible there won't be much of a difference in the end, but to me it seems like it could change things a lot when you think about how we usually play the game.

Okay.

Don't agree, but I'm in the minority. Definitely not worth all this conversation.

I'm now voting CTM because he doesn't like Apple. Discuss. :lol:

Particularly day 1, if the game is as roled up as the games have been recently.. judging by avm and vic excitement, i'd say that's a good possibility

I'm now voting CTM because he doesn't like Apple. Discuss. :lol:

android's going to dominate.. it's already a better OS for mobiles... iOS feels dated in comparison.. Google's a better company with more resources and they've mostly embraced open source, so they have thier own devout fanboys, many of them programmers..

COmparing an htc evo against an iphone 4 isn't a fair fight.. and the new ones coming out are going to slay it even more

They've done such a good job that I'm feeling vunerable as a deverloper with an MS only background .. I think they'll attack the desktop market at some point in not to distant future

Glad I was missed Brettlejuice.

Song you are awesome over here. :P I had the feeling you'd fit right in with these crazy goons.

Dan is obviously scum. She based her list of who to kill before everyone even checked in. She also mentioned that it is a good thing to kill someone ( forgot who) but especially when scum... that implys she doesn't care if he is innocent. :P

Jif is being annoying cause he misses Crusher so he's my vote for now.

Context usually helps...trying to make a weak case...is weak and makes me think you have another motive.

The only motive I have is to push on the "less active" players early this game. You didn't play last game, but we all slept on Dan early, and it burned me and the town in the end game.

Players like JIF, CTM, Pac, Slats, myself will produce plenty of game content as the game goes on - I see no reason to press any of them just yet. Other people will inevitably lead the CTM and Pac train we see on D1 every game, I'm not doing it this time. Since we do the same thing every game, with generally the same outcome, I thought I'd change my approach and press inactives and try to ignore the idiots early...

Very OMGUS of you to respond with insinuation that I must be have scum motives because I voted you. :rolleyes:

Particularly day 1, if the game is as roled up as the games have been recently.. judging by avm and vic excitement, i'd say that's a good possibility

android's going to dominate.. it's already a better OS for mobiles... iOS feels dated in comparison.. Google's a better company with more resources and they've mostly embraced open source, so they have thier own devout fanboys, many of them programmers..

COmparing an htc evo against an iphone 4 isn't a fair fight.. and the new ones coming out are going to slay it even more

They've done such a good job that I'm feeling vunerable as a deverloper with an MS only background .. I think they'll attack the desktop market at some point in not to distant future

I've been using Apple products for ~20 years. I bought an Android phone based entirely on the fact that Google + Verizon >>> Apple + AT&T. Now that Apple is on Verizon, I'd consider the iPhone, but frankly... I agree with you about the Android OS, and am more likely to stay with it.

Anyway, this is an entirely different thread... I'd love to talk more about it, but not in game.

Song you are awesome over here. :P I had the feeling you'd fit right in with these crazy goons.

Dan is obviously scum. She based her list of who to kill before everyone even checked in. She also mentioned that it is a good thing to kill someone ( forgot who) but especially when scum... that implys she doesn't care if he is innocent. :P

Who you calling "goons" there Nanootz?

Oh, and good vote... I'd like to punch JIF right in the face, I feel like he'd be one of those one shot types... I hit him, he the floor... :P

keep perpetuating this myth to cover your own terrible play you pathetic creton. All I know is if you play as scummy this game as you did the last I will be forced to put you down.. again.

Mind your P's and Q's you pig.

Lol.. i'm telling you, he's trying to take ownership of the jif is ghey thing, in order to destroy it

and it's working, after reading his nipple post I'm not really interested in encouraging any more of this..

You spanked to the visual.

///Turns around, flexes butt, flexes biceps, kisses bicep, winks

Who you calling "goons" there Nanootz?

Oh, and good vote... I'd like to punch JIF right in the face, I feel like he'd be one of those one shot types... I hit him, he the floor... :P

Too funny, this is from the scum thread...

Dear Diary,

I really like the ape. I want to punch him in his face because I'm confident he'd be a one shot type guy, but he's teh awesome. Look how pissed he got from just egging him on a little after I made a mistake (that if he just ignored, would have been no bid deal). So cute that one. Too smart to let little old boopsie get under his skin. Sad really, cuz I like him. Funny too, he once said the he never buys my antics...then you see a long winded post like that. Oh my furry little ape, you givz me sad right now.

///pulls up shirt, shows 6 pack, flicks off the ape

The only motive I have is to push on the "less active" players early this game. You didn't play last game, but we all slept on Dan early, and it burned me and the town in the end game.

Players like JIF, CTM, Pac, Slats, myself will produce plenty of game content as the game goes on - I see no reason to press any of them just yet. Other people will inevitably lead the CTM and Pac train we see on D1 every game, I'm not doing it this time. Since we do the same thing every game, with generally the same outcome, I thought I'd change my approach and press inactives and try to ignore the idiots early...

Very OMGUS of you to respond with insinuation that I must be have scum motives because I voted you. :rolleyes:

Excuse me for not speaking the ghey...or...the latest in phone technology....also I do not post three time to show a punch to the jaw...great content btw...really helped distinguish the good guys from the scum on Day 1. :rolleyes:

ok you're either feigning a post restriction, have one, or are just stupid. Either way I'm inclined to vote you off because my eyes can't take much more.

In fact

unvote

Vote JiF

lets see if you keep it up.

Excuse me for not speaking the ghey...or...the latest in phone technology....also I do not post three time to show a punch to the jaw...great content btw...really helped distinguish the good guys from the scum on Day 1. :rolleyes:

Its hard to tell if you're scum or just being an a$$hole. Tell me wise one, how do YOU distinguish the good guys from scum on Day 1? :rolleyes:

Attacking I28 about his play, when he rarely makes a strong case or correctly identifies scum, is a pretty safe thing to do for scum.

ok you're either feigning a post restriction, have one, or are just stupid. Either way I'm inclined to vote you off because my eyes can't take much more.

In fact

unvote

Vote JiF

Unlike you, I have no problem keeping it up....bwahahahahahahha

///points down at bulge in pants, flexes biceps, points to the sky, thanks the gods for his heavenly body

Its hard to tell if you're scum or just being an a$$hole. Tell me wise one, how do YOU distinguish the good guys from scum on Day 1? :rolleyes:

Attacking I28 about his play, when he rarely makes a strong case or correctly identifies scum, is a pretty safe thing to do for scum.

I dont get this logic, I28 uses it which is obvious, but how on earth can anyone else use this...I think Slats did it earlier too.

Voting of the Ape on day 1 is literally the worst possible move a scum team could make. He's literally their most valuable asset, for all the reasons you think he's a safe vote. There is reason why the guy makes it to end game all the time. He's got the ability to take the town down in flames. Scum would literally be stupid to encourage a day 1 lynch of the Ape. Most Valuable Primate. The dude was our best weapon when Dan X cruised to victory.

I mean, I understand how is a safe vote because you can easily give solid justification...but its down right the worst possible play scum could make. I'm keeping my vote on him because I think its a win win for the town. He's either scum and we scored, or he's town and we scored. My chiseled body makes me smarter than you, so you should listen to what I say.

///does a body builder flex pose.

Dear Diary,

I really like the ape. I want to punch him in his face because I'm confident he'd be a one shot type guy, but he's teh awesome. Look how pissed he got from just egging him on a little after I made a mistake (that if he just ignored, would have been no bid deal). So cute that one. Too smart to let little old boopsie get under his skin. Sad really, cuz I like him. Funny too, he once said the he never buys my antics...then you see a long winded post like that. Oh my furry little ape, you givz me sad right now.

That's why I posted what I did... thought you'd get a kick out of it. :D

I did put myself in the category of the idiots who post a ton of horsesh*t content didn't I?

This is really defensive considering its one vote on you, by the worst player ever to play mafia.

I dont get this logic, I28 uses it which is obvious, but how on earth can anyone else use this...I think Slats did it earlier too.

Voting of the Ape on day 1 is literally the worst possible move a scum team could make. He's literally their most valuable asset, for all the reasons you think he's a safe vote. There is reason why the guy makes it to end game all the time. He's got the ability to take the town down in flames. Scum would literally be stupid to encourage a day 1 lynch of the Ape. Most Valuable Primate. The dude was our best weapon when Dan X cruised to victory.

I mean, I understand how is a safe vote because you can easily give solid justification...but its down right the worst possible play scum could make. I'm keeping my vote on him because I think its a win win for the town. He's either scum and we scored, or he's town and we scored. My chiseled body makes me smarter than you, so you should listen to what I say.

///does a body builder flex pose.

Awesome wifom.

/// scratches empty head while squeezing out a left-leaning fart

keep perpetuating this myth to cover your own terrible play you pathetic creton. All I know is if you play as scummy this game as you did the last I will be forced to put you down.. again.

Mind your P's and Q's you pig.

You're an army of one in this opinion, usually when the mod says (whose impartial) says you deserved each lynch, that's a good thing sign you are teh suck

You spanked to the visual.

Dear Diary,

if you and the ape were about to fight, only pac would be dumb enough to lay coin on you, twinkee..

ape = pwned

In fact

unvote

Vote JiF

jealous

This is stupid... NOBODY who plays this game identifies scum more than town. Nobody.

But watching both sides of the arguments as people make cases and votes based on it is pretty interesting...

You're an army of one in this opinion, usually when the mod says (whose impartial) says you deserved each lynch, that's a good thing sign you are teh suck

Doggin is fallible. Maybe you're who Vic is talking to when he says people need to stop blindly following him around like sheep.

You were wrong and your case was a steaming pile of horse dung. The sooner you accept it and move on the better it is for everyone.

deal.

Oh crap, this is the first time since the days of the Anti Chad Militia do I agree with CTM on something. Android is better than iOS and is growing at a faster rate than Apple. It has already surpassed in in mobile sales. There was a spike with iphone4, but that has leveled while android based sales remain steady and will increase with each new device.

That said, Motorola totally blew it with the Xoom. What a bunch of idiots. Better spec, better OS, but they overprice it, sell it before they should have (no Flash, no 4G etc), and sales have tanked.

Archived