Albert Haynesworth to the New England Patriots

F.Chowds

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever.

At best, the Pats picked up a situational role player.

Dick! I was agreeing with you. Albert cannot play under a coach that is over controlling. What I was saying is, "He would flourish under Rex." Lighten up or will resign as your JN Captain campaign manager.

RIsk? This is the right way to do something. They gave up a 5th rd pick in 2013 for a guy who can dominate the line. The upside is incredible. If he doesn't want to play, belly will sit him. This is just like the way we got Santonio last year. All upside. Very little to lose. Let him prove himself. This is bad news for us. belly is very smart unfortunately

Have you ever seen Haymesworth drive?

You dont want to be in his way. Theyre already issuing "Albert alerts" on the Mass highways.

haynesworth is a thief...He tanked it for a veteran taskmaster in shanny. I dont see a difference in little bill. he got his money, he REFUSES to play in a 3-4 front. this is a long shot to work and has a much higher probablity to blow up that locker room.

haynesworth is a thief...He tanked it for a veteran taskmaster in shanny. I dont see a difference in little bill. he got his money, he REFUSES to play in a 3-4 front. this is a long shot to work and has a much higher probablity to blow up that locker room.

He did not like playing NT.

RIsk? This is the right way to do something. They gave up a 5th rd pick in 2013 for a guy who can dominate the line. The upside is incredible. If he doesn't want to play, belly will sit him. This is just like the way we got Santonio last year. All upside. Very little to lose. Let him prove himself. This is bad news for us. belly is very smart unfortunately

This is the fact of the matter.

Even if Haynesworth is the biggest piece of sh*t on the planet (a possibility), all it costs NE to find that out for themselves is a 5th round pick in 2012. Belichick prints draft picks in his basement, what the hell does he care about a lousy 5th rounder?

This move is 100% upside. If Haynesworth tries to pull any of the crap he pulled in Washington, Belichick won't hesitate to cut his a$$.

This is the fact of the matter.

Even if Haynesworth is the biggest piece of sh*t on the planet (a possibility), all it costs NE to find that out for themselves is a 5th round pick in 2012. Belichick prints draft picks in his basement, what the hell does he care about a lousy 5th rounder?

This move is 100% upside. If Haynesworth tries to pull any of the crap he pulled in Washington, Belichick won't hesitate to cut his a$$.

Agreed. Good move by the Pats. Literally no downside.

He did not like playing NT.

Yup, thats where the trouble started my man. From there it exploded to the DL on the 3-4. I dont see the difference between the redskins d and the pats d and the truth is there is very little diffence between the 2 dictators, shanny and little bill.

True story.

I agree with this, except for the "bad news for us" part.

The Pats went 14-2 last year and couldn't beat the Jets in a big spot. Is Haynesworth going to make Brady not be a pussy against a Ryan defense?

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but it's only blind homerism to hate on this move. You're talking low risk and HIGH reward on this move. If Haynesworth turns out to be the same guy we've seen in Washington, the Patriots will cut his a$$ in a heartbeat and all it costs them is a future late round pick. I hate to have to say it, but it's a good move by the Pats.

I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but it's only blind homerism to hate on this move. You're talking low risk and HIGH reward on this move. If Haynesworth turns out to be the same guy we've seen in Washington, the Patriots will cut his a$$ in a heartbeat and all it costs them is a future late round pick. I hate to have to say it, but it's a good move by the Pats.

I'm really not disagreeing with that. I am taking issue with the people who think Haynesworth is going to have any major impact on the AFC East.

Plus, there is the reality that if the Dolphins made this same move, the media would be crushing them.

If he's what he was in Washington, this is great news for the Jets.

If he is what he has been in his pre-Redskins, contract-year......this could be very bad for the Jets.

Wilfork - Haynesworth has the potential to be brutal.

All depends on which Haynesworth the Pats got. This is a low-risk (meaningless lolpick), high-reward move on their part. Meaningless if it fails, brilliant if it works out.

Good move by the Pats.

I'm really not disagreeing with that. I am taking issue with the people who think Haynesworth is going to have any major impact on the AFC East.

Plus, there is the reality that if the Dolphins made this same move, the media would be crushing them.

The media is a joke, there's no question about that. And I don't think it's anything close to a given that Haynesworth will be worth a damn, but given the cost it's well worth it to the Pats on the chance that he is.

If he's what he was in Washington, this is great news for the Jets.

If he is what he has been in his pre-Redskins, contract-year......this could be very bad for the Jets.

Wilfork - Haynesworth has the potential to be brutal.

All depends on which Haynesworth the Pats got. This is a low-risk (meaningless lolpick), high-reward move on their part. Meaningless if it fails, brilliant if it works out.

Good move by the Pats.

Gotta figure he'll show up and play hard, at least initially.

This is unquestionably a good move for the Pats. It was a NEEDED move because their defense stinks.

So I agree with you and Fish (although I disagree on his "could be very bad" for Jets if Haynesworth plays well).

Haynesworth will not impact the Jets ability to beat the Pats. Sanchez will. Sanchez has proven he can play great or lousy against good and bad defenses. He's the anti-Chad in that way. It's almost comical. Sanchez could look horrid against a bad defense and brilliant against the best. Haynesworth won't impact that.

Also, Haynesworth is 30 yrs old, the SAME age Belichick traded Seymour, whom every Pat-homer said was declining.

The fish are making moves for Ireland and Sporano to try to save their asses, so their moves are viewed thru that prism - right or wrong. But mostly right.

I think if the Jets had made this move, it would also be heralded as another awesome brilliant move by Mike Tannenbaum to get a potential impact player in here cheap.

The fish have to do a couple things right before they're given the benefit of the doubt on something like this. The Pats? The Jets? We have track records now.

Belichick: Haynesworth deal “in process” but not complete

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 28, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT

AP

In his first press conference of the year, Bill Belichick had a lot of questions to answer. As is usually the case, he didn’t say too much.

Belichick brought up the Albert Haynesworth trade unprompted saying the deal was “in process” but not complete. He then deflected any questions about Haynesworth, saying he’ll comment if and when a deal is done.

Perhaps he just wants Haynesworth to pass a physical before saying it’s a done deal. We’ve watched enough Belichick pressers to know that there’s no way he would bring up Haynesworth’s name unless a trade was essentially agreed to.

While he wouldn’t address Haynesworth further directly, Belichick did say you can “never have too much” of a pass rush. He also mentioned that this year, with the new practice rules in place, are evidence of the changing times in the NFL.

“I think Bob Dylan said something about that,” Belichick said with a grin before walking off the podium.

Permalink 0 Comments Late

Actually there's about $60M left on his deal. :lol:

$5.4M this year, $7.2M next year, and a $20M bonus + $8.5M in 2013... But I expect that even if Albert is working out pretty well for them, some sort of negotiation will take place to eliminate that balloon payment.

Damn you Adam Schefterrrrr!!!

This morning on Mike and Mike, Schefter said Haynesworth had already been paid his bonuses and the Pats were on the hook for $5 mil.

If he's wrong, he's now batting .048 for the month.

This is unquestionably a good move for the Pats. It was a NEEDED move because their defense stinks.

So I agree with you and Fish (although I disagree on his "could be very bad" for Jets if Haynesworth plays well).

Haynesworth will not impact the Jets ability to beat the Pats. Sanchez will. Sanchez has proven he can play great or lousy against good and bad defenses. He's the anti-Chad in that way. It's almost comical. Sanchez could look horrid against a bad defense and brilliant against the best. Haynesworth won't impact that.

Also, Haynesworth is 30 yrs old, the SAME age Belichick traded Seymour, whom every Pat-homer said was declining.

Absolutely agree on this. With the OL the Jets have, no single DL player is going to leave me shaking in my boots, and as you said our overall success in failure will start with Sanchez. You're right, he realy is the Anti-Chad and I'll take that over Chad every single time. While it can come back to haunt you every now and then, it also puts you in a position that you can really beat any team at any time if he gets going right. In terms of the Pats, Sanchez has had some of the best and worst games of his career against them, and that's gone hand in hand with the Jets wins and losses to the Pats the past two years.

Absolutely agree on this. With the OL the Jets have, no single DL player is going to leave me shaking in my boots, and as you said our overall success in failure will start with Sanchez. You're right, he realy is the Anti-Chad and I'll take that over Chad every single time. While it can come back to haunt you every now and then, it also puts you in a position that you can really beat any team at any time if he gets going right. In terms of the Pats, Sanchez has had some of the best and worst games of his career against them, and that's gone hand in hand with the Jets wins and losses to the Pats the past two years.

Pretty sure it begins and ends with the quality of our CB's, but Haynesworth won't have much of an impact there, either.

Meh, talk to me when they actually get someone capable of beating Brick, Mangold, or Moore.

This.

While I do think its a no brainer for th Pats, I'm not worried in the slightest.

The tides have changed, the Patriots fear the Jets. Fact.

The difference between the great Pats teams and the meh Pats teams was the presence of Richard Seymour. If Haynesworth is 3/4 of what Seymour was, look out.

On defense, that's absolutely true. On offense, the fact is despite him still getting credit for it, Brady hasn't been "the clutchest QB in NFL history" for 7 years now.

On defense, that's absolutely true. On offense, the fact is despite him still getting credit for it, Brady hasn't been "the clutchest QB in NFL history" for 7 years now.

+1

It seems now that the only way the Patriots win is if Brady is perfect. If he's not, they lose by 2 TDs.

Archived