•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I want Sanchez to keep his starting job the rest of the season

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,278 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

First of all, let's get this out of the way, Mark Sanchez sucks. He's clearly regressed this year. I don't know if there's any hope for him, but if there is, it won't be with the Jets. He has to go.

But, as much as I continue to be a fan who wants the Jets to win games, I'm afraid that Tim Tebow will come in and win games.

What?

Yeah, that's what I think. But I also think Tebow really sucks, too. But the Jets have such an easy schedule the rest of the season, even Mark can win a couple/few games. Tebow coming in would probably spark the team to win one or two more than Sanchez would win. Not because Tebow is any good, but because change itself would create that spark.

So then what happens? If the Jets finish the year 4-1 with Tebow under center, there's gonna be a lot of unfounded optimism in Jets HQ, and with a large segment of the fans. People could keep their jobs (cough: Tannenbaum) who deserve to be fired, the team could put less of an emphasis on the QB position because they think they may have the solution in Tebow, and the team winds up set back for yet another year.

2013 is going to be difficult either way, with finding a starting QB probably at the top of the list of difficulties, but sticking with the same front office and Tim Tebow at QB would be a disaster. A strong finish could give Tanny the mandate to defer cap hits into the future rather than cutting the dead weight that needs to be cut. The whole thing makes me sick.

So yeah, go Mark. Woohoo.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#2 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,526 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

You're going to get your wish, unless there is an injury. I'd prefer never to see him take another snap as a NY Jet because he's the worst QB I've seen in a long long time...but to each his own.

Truth is, if Mark was capable of not turning the ball over for the rest of the season, the Jets could win out. But, that is impossible because he sucks so hard and he'll turn the ball over twice a game for the rest of the season against sh*t competition like usual and we'll probably end up 8-8 or 7-9 still because the schedule is that easy.

The real question is, can he top the butt fumble before the end of the season?
Posted Image

#3 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

all year people have been pretending there is a controversy. There was never a controversy. Mark played better in preseason, he plays better in practice, and he's being paid 10x more than Tebow. The only way tim will play is if Mark gets hurt. What's so hard to understand?

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#4 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Camp Courtney

Posted Image

#5 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Couldn't possibly agree more, very well said. I've been saying just about the same since it became clear how much incredibly easier the Jets late season schedule was and that Tebow wouldn't be getting any real playing time prior to then. A late season change has nothing but complete disaster written all over it. Things are going to be bad enough, the last thing this f'n team needs is one or two (and I don't even want to think about any more than that) years of the one passer who was worse than Sanchez in 2011 under center. At least with Sanchez, they have the excuse that dipsh*t Tanny forced them to have to hold onto him for the time being because of that moronic contract, but there's no such excuse with Tebow.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#6 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,278 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

all year people have been pretending there is a controversy. There was never a controversy. Mark played better in preseason, he plays better in practice, and he's being paid 10x more than Tebow. The only way tim will play is if Mark gets hurt. What's so hard to understand?

If the reason the Jets haven't been playing Tebow is because of the escalators that would kick in if he plays x% of plays, then it's very possible they could go with him the rest of the way knowing he wouldn't be able to hit those incentives.

Disaster, IMHO.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#7 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

If the reason the Jets haven't been playing Tebow is because of the escalators that would kick in if he plays x% of plays,

the reason is Mark's salary. You don't pay a guy 800k a game to hold a clipboard. It's not like playing Tebow gives them a discount on Mark's contract.

Edited by bitonti, 28 November 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#8 Scott Dierking

Scott Dierking

Jerk

• Members
  • 13,683 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

First of all, let's get this out of the way, Mark Sanchez sucks. He's clearly regressed this year. I don't know if there's any hope for him, but if there is, it won't be with the Jets. He has to go.

But, as much as I continue to be a fan who wants the Jets to win games, I'm afraid that Tim Tebow will come in and win games.

What?

Yeah, that's what I think. But I also think Tebow really sucks, too. But the Jets have such an easy schedule the rest of the season, even Mark can win a couple/few games. Tebow coming in would probably spark the team to win one or two more than Sanchez would win. Not because Tebow is any good, but because change itself would create that spark.

So then what happens? If the Jets finish the year 4-1 with Tebow under center, there's gonna be a lot of unfounded optimism in Jets HQ, and with a large segment of the fans. People could keep their jobs (cough: Tannenbaum) who deserve to be fired, the team could put less of an emphasis on the QB position because they think they may have the solution in Tebow, and the team winds up set back for yet another year.

2013 is going to be difficult either way, with finding a starting QB probably at the top of the list of difficulties, but sticking with the same front office and Tim Tebow at QB would be a disaster. A strong finish could give Tanny the mandate to defer cap hits into the future rather than cutting the dead weight that needs to be cut. The whole thing makes me sick.

The notion that the Jets can win with Tebow at QB is ridiculous. Have you seen the play calling that this genius coaching staff employs? They are unable to call a game to the skill of any player, let alone an unconventional player with few true QB skills
Originally Posted by Blackout™
LOL ignorance is bless.

#9 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

The OC and never having a legit #1 receiver has f'd Sanchez all season.

#10 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

The OC and never having a legit #1 receiver has f'd Sanchez all season.

Yeah, it's on the list of reasons for his horrible play just below his complete inability to read a defense, his horribly inaccurate throws, and his incessant need to pump fake in the direction he intends to pass five times before throwing the ball. But yeah, after that, it's totally the fault of everyone else.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#11 afosomf

afosomf

mon

• Members
  • 22,031 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

the reason is Mark's salary. You don't pay a guy 800k a game to hold a clipboard. It's not like playing Tebow gives them a discount on Mark's contract.

i truly believe GMAC would be better than sanchunks, very smart, won a NC at Bama, he knows to stay away from lineman's azzes. He will never take a snap cause it would create a firestorm

#12 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, it's on the list of reasons for his horrible play just below his complete inability to read a defense, his horribly inaccurate throws, and his incessant need to pump fake in the direction he intends to pass five times before throwing the ball. But yeah, after that, it's totally the fault of everyone else.

Yep, the receivers have been getting separation all season.

#13 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 18,085 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

POPULAR

Sanchez hasn't regressed. He's the same player as he was before... Now he just doesn't have the talent around him to bail him out.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#14 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

He will never take a snap cause it would create a firestorm

like tebow, Mcelroy never will take a snap because of Sanchez's salary. Businessmen don't like to pay huge sums of money to disgraced employees to do nothing. If they are paying Mark, and he's healthy, he's playing. until at least end of 2013.

#15 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,395 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Sanchez hasn't regressed. He's the same player as he was before... Now he just doesn't have the talent around him to bail him out.

I mostly agree, but I think he's such a weak little pussy he's still gotten even worse. You would think by Year 4 experience would make up for SOME of his shortcomings but they haven't. The fact that he's still putting up about the same numbers as he was as a rookie means he's regressed at least slightly.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#16 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

If the Jets staff had an inkling that Tebow or McElroy had an ounce of talent for the QB position, they'd probably see some time. Obviously both are probably garbage (I say probably because McElroy has had the chance to prove in a real game that he is garbage, but he is).

Get used to Sanchez for at least another half of a season.

#17 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 20,278 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

like tebow, Mcelroy never will take a snap because of Sanchez's salary. Businessmen don't like to pay huge sums of money to disgraced employees to do nothing. If they are paying Mark, and he's healthy, he's playing. until at least end of 2013.

Disagree. All bets are off next year, even if Rex and Tanny are still with the organization. If they're gone, so are Sanchez' starting opportunities.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#18 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Disagree. All bets are off next year, even if Rex and Tanny are still with the organization. If they're gone, so are Sanchez' starting opportunities.

Woody cuts the checks and no way he wants to pay 10 million dollars for Sanchez to hold a clipboard in Oakland or wherever. firing Tanny won't get rid of Sanchez. Not until 2014 no matter who is in charge.

Edited by bitonti, 28 November 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#19 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Sanchez has been practicing QB all of his life

Posted Image
RLTW

#20 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

This logic is why we suck but our dipsh*t front office obviously agrees with you. I play a lot of poker and I've learned once my money is in the pot it's already in there, I might have thought my cards where good but if I know I'm beat it doesn't make any sense to keep playing the hand. Tanny is the a$$hole who won't fold cause he doesn't want to admit he's wrong. Sanchez is a lost cause, the extension was ridiculous even before Sanchez's abortion of a season. Our quarterbacks are collecting X amount of dollars every week regardless of who starts, holds a clipboard, has broken ribs. Outside of love struck Courtney we all realize this dreamboat is sunk and I'd rather see what anybody else can do.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 28 November 2012 - 04:50 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#21 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,853 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

If the Jets staff had an inkling that Tebow or McElroy had an ounce of talent for the QB position, they'd probably see some time. Obviously both are probably garbage (I say probably because McElroy has had the chance to prove in a real game that he is garbage, but he is).

Get used to Sanchez for at least another half of a season.

Have you gotten the impression that our coaching staff has a ****ing clue what's going on? They went into a primetime game Thanksgiving night without a backup QB or a real gameplan

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 28 November 2012 - 04:12 PM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#22 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,758 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

What?

I want you to know, because I respect your opinions so much, that not being able to hoot about not-winning our almost-bet regarding Mark starting 11 games hurts. I did not account for Rex being suicidal.

Edited by T0mShane, 28 November 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#23 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,528 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

This logic is why we suck but our dipsh*t front office obviously agrees with you. I play a lot of poker and I've learned once my money is in the pot it's already in there, I might have thought my cards where good but if I know I'm beat it doesn't make any more sense to keep playing the hand. Tanny is the a$$hole who won't fold cause he doesn't want to admit he's wrong.

the poker analogy is interesting. the difference is that if Tanny folds he's done. He can't admit Sanchez was a mistake and keep his job. That was true in the spring and it's true now.

#24 cr726

cr726

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Have you gotten the impression that our coaching staff has a ****ing clue what's going on? They went into a primetime game Thanksgiving night without a backup QB or a real gameplan

You championing the 3rd string QB doesn't help your argument.

#25 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 19,108 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

we should let him start

I haven't heard the keystone cops music in a long time
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users