•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

will the Jets keep 4 QB's going into week 1 or will Garrard or Mcelboy be dropped?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#26 GandWFan

GandWFan

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

$17 Million says he is. Which puts it back to 3.

8.5 Million. 

He may be on the team, but he is not a viable starter.  Back to 2.

#27 GandWFan

GandWFan

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Simms is awful. There's no reason he should still be on the team. None. 

Camp arm.  Nothing more.

#28 Irish Jet

Irish Jet

• Members
  • 23,490 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

8.5 Million. 

He may be on the team, but he is not a viable starter.  Back to 2.

If he's on the team he will be. He's my least favourite option but probably the most likely IMO.

#29 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,572 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Sanchez/Garrard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith

Is it possible to be worse than Mark Sanchez?  

I'd like to see Smith, I dunno, play the game before making that statement.

As to the thread topic; the Jets will cut McElroy to help give him a heads start on his coaching career because that's the only future he has in the NFL.

Posted Image

#30 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,859 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

1. Garrard 

2. Sanchez 

3. Geno

that's how I see it 

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#31 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 14,859 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

One rival NFL executive predicted to NFL Network's Kim Jones that David Garrard will be the Jets' Week 1 starter if he stays healthy.

At age 35, Garrard is an obvious health risk after undergoing knee and back surgeries over the past two offseasons. The Dolphins released Garrard last September 4, and he spent 2012 out of football. While the Jets' quarterback job is wide open to competition, we believe Garrard is a longer shot than both Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith. The best preseason QB will start on Opening Day.
May 7 - 12:02 PM

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#32 Jacked4JetsFB

Jacked4JetsFB

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

• Banned
  • 1,160 posts
  • LocationA land far, far away

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Its going to be hard for Sanchez to start for the Jets if he is not on the roster. He will be off the Jets June 1, Bank.

#33 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

52 turnovers in 2 years says Sanchez is not a viable starter.  That leaves only 2.

$17 Million says he is. Which puts it back to 3.

If this doesn;t make you vomit nothing will.

#34 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

To early

Well, if that's true get the kid an agent.  

Sanchez had the year from hell last year.  Other then that he's been a middeling NFL QB

No

#35 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Week 1 should be

1-Sanchez
2-Geno
3-McElroy

Garrard has always been a bum and now hasn't played in 2 years.
Simms has to be listed on roster as favor to father, I don't even count him.

No? Garrard was pretty good.  He had a couple of injuries the past 2 years but if he is healthy he could definitely lead an offense.  Much better than the sh!t show we had the last couple of years.

#36 Strangefunk

Strangefunk

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNew York The Greatest City in the WORLD!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Bottom line, The CHEZ must go. We can't allow the location of a game define who will be the QB. At the end of the year, the Jets were deciding who was going to be QB by who will NOT be booed by the home fans. If you think Jets fans will forget the horrible QB play from last year, then I have a bridge to sell you. The Chez is done in NYC. The best options for the team are to have Geno Garrard and McElroy be the top 3 qbs. Cut Chez and let him see if he can be a back up somewhere else. His time in NYC is done.

Edited by Strangefunk, 07 May 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#37 GandWFan

GandWFan

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Its going to be hard for Sanchez to start for the Jets if he is not on the roster. He will be off the Jets June 1, Bank.

From your lips to God's ears.

#38 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,294 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Opening day, my fearless prediction is that our roster will contain Sanchez, Garrard, and Smith.

#39 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,346 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Not a chance. Too much $$$ and Garrard will inevitably get hurt. You can't go into a season with Garrard Smith and McElroy. That's a recipe for disaster. Garrard gets hurt, McElroy sucks and you're forced to play the rookie way before you ever wanted to. It makes zero sense to cut Sanchez before training camp and it won't happen after either.

And until we see what we have in Smith and Garrard, Sanchez is still the best chance to win games.

#40 jbone

jbone

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Camp arm.  Nothing more.

We already have those in Mcelroy and Sanchez and Garrard and Geno. 

Don't need him for anything.

#41 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

why would they drop Garrard over Sims?

Because Simms is dirt cheap, and an amusing pot head.

#42 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,216 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

The only QB whose job is completely safe in 2013 is Geno Smith.

I think the safe guess is Smith, Sanchez, and Garrard as the QBs on opening day, but a lot can happen between now and then. If Garrard is horrible, or gets hurt, he's gone. If Garrard and Smith are both playing well enough to merit starting, the team could look to cut ties with Sanchez. So McElroy's left to hope that Garrard is either great or terrible/injured, because otherwise he's pretty much out of a job.

If the fans are as brutal to Sanchez in the preseason as I believe they're capable of being, I really think he could be gone. It would be such a relief for the fan base.

I'll be amazed if Garrard sucks or is anything less than very good - unless he's injured. Like our 2 new running backs, this is another guy who has a ton of potential but hasn't been able to sustain a starting spot in the league for a host of reasons. Very much unlike our 2 new running backs, DG knows this is his last tango for a starting role and maybe even last chance whatsoever before opening up an Allstate bureau. I really hope he looks good so we can cut ties with Sanchez. I've seen all I need to see of him and I'm sure our fan base will be the material for award winning YouTube documentation of any appearance of his at MetLife.

NATION....... JETNATION

#43 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

From your lips to God's ears.

+1

Rex Ryan, the bag lady of NFL HCs.

#44 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Not a chance. Too much $$$ and Garrard will inevitably get hurt. You can't go into a season with Garrard Smith and McElroy. That's a recipe for disaster. Garrard gets hurt, McElroy sucks and you're forced to play the rookie way before you ever wanted to. It makes zero sense to cut Sanchez before training camp and it won't happen after either.

And until we see what we have in Smith and Garrard, Sanchez is still the best chance to win games.

And going into a season with Sanchez as the starter isn't (a recipe for disaster)?  

Sanchez is the best chance to win games?  In what pinochle?  monopoly?  It certainly isn't football, at least not in this dimension.

#45 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,346 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

And going into a season with Sanchez as the starter isn't (a recipe for disaster)?  

Sanchez is the best chance to win games?  In what pinochle?  monopoly?  It certainly isn't football, at least not in this dimension.

Worked out fine year 1 and 2, not so much year 3 and 4.

And yes, Sanchez is the best chance to win games because you have no idea what Garrard has left and you have an unknown quantity in Smith, who needs a season of seasoning to get acclimated.  There is no need to sink or swim with a rookie.

#46 JoeKlecko

JoeKlecko

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHigh Point, NC

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

Worked out fine year 1 and 2, not so much year 3 and 4.

And yes, Sanchez is the best chance to win games because you have no idea what Garrard has left and you have an unknown quantity in Smith, who needs a season of seasoning to get acclimated.  There is no need to sink or swim with a rookie.

I'm with you on not starting Smith unless he just plays lights out like Wilson.  

Even with better coaching, I think there's every possibility that Sanchez will be even worse this season.  I think his confidence has got to be shot, but even if it's not, I can't picture him being successful in a WCO where short range accuracy and leading receivers is paramount.

#47 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,527 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

I know the prevailing idea is to keep Sanchez around and have an open competition at QB.  And I know that Garrard's health is supposed to be a factor on that.

I simply don't care.  I want Sanchez off the roster entirely.  Who cares if Garrard gets hurt?  That'll just accelerate Geno's ascension to the starting QB spot.  Or we can start McElroy/Simms.  Does it really make a difference WHICH QB ends up getting the starting nod if its NOT Geno?  We're probably going to suck offensively regardless.  I'd merely prefer to do so without having to watch Sanchez on the field or the sideline.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 07 May 2013 - 08:28 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#48 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,527 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

I'm with you on not starting Smith unless he just plays lights out like Wilson.  

Even with better coaching, I think there's every possibility that Sanchez will be even worse this season.  I think his confidence has got to be shot, but even if it's not, I can't picture him being successful in a WCO where short range accuracy and leading receivers is paramount.

There's no system out there that can make Sanchez look good, none.  Normally you mold the system to fit the QB's strengths.  Sanchez has no strengths.  He can't do anything a QB needs to do.  He's worthless.

I know this is common knowledge but there's still people out there who think this guy can be serviceable.  He's not capable of doing so, even if one of the Harbaughs coached him.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#49 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

There's no system out there that can make Sanchez look good, none.  Normally you mold the system to fit the QB's strengths.  Sanchez has no strengths.  He can't do anything a QB needs to do.  He's worthless.

I know this is common knowledge but there's still people out there who think this guy can be serviceable.  He's not capable of doing so, even if one of the Harbaughs coached him.

Yeah, I definitely don't get this concept of a WCO being some sort of possible saving grace for Sanchez.  If there is one thing that is absolutely paramount when it comes to QBing a WCO, it's ball placement.  Meanwhile, of all the things Sanchez is horrendously awful at, ball placement may very well be his absolute worst.  Even on the occasions when he makes the correct reads and throws quality completions, he notoriously does a horrid job at properly leading his receivers.  This is of course bad for any QB in any system, but it sure isn't going to get any better in an offense that's predicated on the concepts of high completion percentages and allowing your receivers to make plays after the catch.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#50 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,355 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Someone is getting cut.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users