We Want Marcus Mariota!!!!

GangGreenDover

Harbaugh's not going anywhere and if you dislike Rex's antics you're gonna hate Harbaugh's even more. 

If Rex Ryan's .489 win % was closer to Jim Harbaugh's .741, I'd be much more inclined to tolerate his 'antics.' Besides, unlike Rex, JH isn't limited to competence on just one side of the ball, and he doesn't run his team like it's a frat house, where accountability is a foreign concept.

And as for him not going anywhere, I'm not so sure about that:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24738633/report-even-if-49ers-win-super-bowl-jim-harbaugh-wont-return-in-15

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rex Ryan's .489 win % was closer to Jim Harbaugh's .741, I'd be much more inclined to tolerate his 'antics.' Besides, unlike Rex, JH isn't limited to competence on just one side of the ball, and he doesn't run his team like it's a frat house, where accountability is a foreign concept.

And as for him not going anywhere, I'm not so sure about that:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24738633/report-even-if-49ers-win-super-bowl-jim-harbaugh-wont-return-in-15

And the second the Jets lost a single game you'd be freaking out about some stupid way he reacted on the sideline and we'd never hear the ******* end of it. 

You hated Rex during the 2010 season. Come off it, already.

Hopefully we're not dumb enough to pass on this kid if we're in a position to draft him. I'd love to see him developed by a competent coaching staff who knows how to properly groom a QB - ideally Harbaugh, or if we can't pry him away maybe someone like Malzahn. 

I've said it before - if properly developed, he's a rich man's Kaepernick.

Agreed

Hopefully we're not dumb enough to pass on this kid if we're in a position to draft him. I'd love to see him developed by a competent coaching staff who knows how to properly groom a QB - ideally Harbaugh, or if we can't pry him away maybe someone like Malzahn. 

I've said it before - if properly developed, he's a rich man's Kaepernick. 

Really?  I haven't seen this. 

agree. it's time to try more often than once every 3 years. teams like the eagles and pats are often drafting QBs even when there isn't a "need" per say. you can always trade the other guy if jets happen to land 2 around the same time (given our history, that's not going to happen). the last thing i would worry about as a jets fan is having too many good QBs.

yeah it is like they think they have the best unique way to do everything

trying to surprise people with the out of whack draft picks

picking bare minimum QBs

etc...

grow up! 90% of this board can manage the Jets better than you!

The thing that worries me is the non pro style offense Oregon runs-will he be able to adapt to a more conventional under the center

yeah i want to see a tall, dropback, prototypical QB. Connor Cook is my choice. And it won't take a top 5 pick to get him. Mariota is insanely physically gifted. But Jets need to go with the standard here. Tall, big arm, pro style. No more taking a guy and having him play a different scheme/position like the Jets seem to do with almost everyone. That's a sign of a coach who tries to fit players into the only scheme he feels comfortable with, rather than adapting his scheme to the players he has.

agree. it's time to try more often than once every 3 years. teams like the eagles and pats are often drafting QBs even when there isn't a "need" per say. you can always trade the other guy if jets happen to land 2 around the same time (given our history, that's not going to happen). the last thing i would worry about as a jets fan is having too many good QBs.

so Get Amari Cooper 1st Round and then go o-line 2nd Round CB 3rd Round and 4th Round Conner Halliday from Washington State this could be a good way to go too I forgot all about Conner he's a sleeper pick but lets keep it on the low and get this pick to woody or idzik if he's still around #JetNation

Everyone, John is a huge Geno supporter, and so am I. After sitting and watching for a week, he is going to come back and look like a new QB the rest of the way. Plus, not sure John would want to have to give a QB type signing bonus at the top of the draft like that.

Everyone, John is a huge Geno supporter, and so am I. After sitting and watching for a week, he is going to come back and look like a new QB the rest of the way. Plus, not sure John would want to have to give a QB type signing bonus at the top of the draft like that.

Yes we would not want to spend any of that PSL banked money

As Long as you keep believing in Geno the lose column is going to keep getting filled up he is not good. I know he may be a good and nice person, but he is not a franchise QB just face it I'm not giving up on him I'm just being real he make poor decisions it have been plenty of times I've  watched the game and seen our receivers wide open and he don't make the right read he tries to force things instead of taking what the defense give him. When the run game is going thats what makes him look decent at times but even you know we can't put the game in his hands We need a poised QB that's got the mindset of scoring at anytime one no defense can sleep on just like Brady,Manning,Brees,Rodgers,Rivers check out Conner Halliday my sleeper pick who ever get him is gonna be lucky I been watching him lately

Jets fans are very tough to please, I tellya.

Cause we are losing every year whats not to be pleased about, Woody you need to lay down some laws man and wake up ....to what we see!!! forget a great facility  whats the use if we keep losing? everybody take us as a joke man people laugh when i say the NY Jets my favorite team we the comedians of the NFL and you wanna say we hard to please!

We have another top 10 pick in a QBless draft. Oh the pain. I don't see how any rookie QB can make it in this environment unless it's an Andrew Luck type and there's none of those. Pickings are slim on the FA market too. Hope we end up with an Orton type to hold the fort while developing a rookie. Then take another QB the next draft, too.

Is it already decided that Geno is done? Will they just cut him?

I dont watch enough college football to know who the best prospect is but I have watched this kid. No oline, marginal wr's and he still throws td's.

Would like to find a GM and Coach first though.

all college QBs throw touchdowns the coverage on most college teams is similar to the coverage that the jets secondary has given us this season.

If Woody spent that kind of coin on a good GM and HC, the Jets would be 7-1 instead of 1-7.

Congrats on the best practice facilities in the NFL.

look at the bright side we can drown those sorrows in $11 beers with a commemorative cup to remember this special season

If Woody spent that kind of coin on a good GM and HC, the Jets would be 7-1 instead of 1-7.

Congrats on the best practice facilities in the NFL.

He spends the money on the trivial sh*t...Helipad spots, training facilities for bad players, feet insurance for Rex's wife. Sanchez snuggies for the team. Complimentary starting QB tats for Rex.

Have you ever watched them play?

I'd swear reading some of these posts about Winston, that you and I are the only ones on here to have ever watched him play.

Put aside his low-character for the time being - the team success he's been a part of is a direct result of him being surrounded by elite talent. 

There's no possible way to watch both Winston and Mariota and come away thinking that Winston's the better prospect. Add to that the fact that he's a complete degenerate, and it's not even close.

The Jets should treat Winston as if he has ebola, and stay as far away from him as humanly possible.

There's no possible way to watch both Winston and Mariota and come away thinking that Winston's the better prospect. Add to that the fact that he's a complete degenerate, and it's not even close.

This whole conversation is like the ugliest dude at the party debating which super model he's going to take home. The Jets would be lucky to get a shot at either of them. Both being on the board is extremely wishful thinking. And passing on the only one left because of "red flags" is a friggin joke. 

If either Mariota or Winston is on the board when the Jets pick they take him. End of discussion. 

Archived