Schefter: Rookie Wideouts Living Up To Hype

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I wanted to give Idzik 4 years to rebuild this team, and I have NO problem with the sitting on cap money, when you have 12 picks in one of the deepest drafts talent-wise in history, and we are potentially looking at just 2 players being of any use, this is grounds for termination.

I mean, how many ways could the Jets redraft this and come away with a top WR, Amaro, a left or right guard, a CB, and STILL have been able to get players of depth. 

Swing and a whiff. So many opportunities to take a WR and they wait till the end of rd 4...lol. They could have selected a good one in round 3!

LOL

LL

But we got a CB in the 3rd, coming off a season ending injury in college and who did not make it to the 2nd preseason game before going to the IR. 

FIRE IDZIK.......

gotta do whatever it takes to get GREEN-BECKHAM. a lot of teams will pass on him because of his 'off the field' concerns, but he is easily the most studly WR in this class

Decker, Kerley, Harvin, Green-Beckham/Davante Parker, Shaq Evans might be one of the best receiving corps in the league.

You're so quick to give up on young players all of a sudden.

Seriously Dude, how many guys go from being IR'd in their rookie years to being real contributors in the NFL? And how many of those were drafted in the third round or later?

Guys like Evans and McDougle have a real, steep, uphill battle going forward. Even an Idzikophant like you has to acknowledge that.

Seriously Dude, how many guys go from being IR'd in their rookie years to being real contributors in the NFL? And how many of those were drafted in the third round or later?

Guys like Evans and McDougle have a real, steep, uphill battle going forward. Even an Idzikophant like you has to acknowledge that.

The flip side is that both of them might end up better served for having missed this train wreck of a season. They'll both be rookies next year, and can start fresh with a coaching staff that isn't a collection of lame ducks.

You think Harvin will be back? That Kerley contract tells me not likely.

Given the anonymously-quoted reactions to Harvin's acquisition by the Jets, he might be radioactive in most corners of the league. I'm sure his agent knows what he'd get on the open market if/when he's cut, and it's probably going to be in his best interest to renegotiate with the Jets (assuming Next Head Coach wants him), lest he should face a Hakeem Nicks-type situation.

The flip side is that both of them might end up better served for having missed this train wreck of a season. They'll both be rookies next year, and can start fresh with a coaching staff that isn't a collection of lame ducks.

McDougle hasn't played a down of football since September 2013. I'd say the odds of him having any sort of impact if he even makes it to the field in 2015 are about the same as Vinyard catching ebola in a bowling alley.

McDougle hasn't played a down of football since September 2013. I'd say the odds of him having any sort of impact if he even makes it to the field in 2015 are about the same as Vinyard catching ebola in a bowling alley.

Ehhhhhhhhhh maybe. Until he's Jalen Saunders'd, he's got a shot at contributing.

Ehhhhhhhhhh maybe. Until he's Jalen Saunders'd, he's got a shot at contributing.

A shot? Sure. A good one? No. Time off of that length can be pretty devastating. Especially a position like corner which is all about timing. If he's ever getting his career back it sure as hell isn't happening next season. Two years away from the field is a lifetime.

A shot? Sure. A good one? No. Time off of that length can be pretty devastating. Especially a position like corner which is all about timing. If he's ever getting his career back it sure as hell isn't happening next season. Two years away from the field is a lifetime.

It's not the best example, but Walter Thurmond played at a high level for Seattle after losing almost two years with a blown-out knee. Regardless, I doubt we're going into next season with him pencilled in as a major factor, but I don't think we need to dig his grave just yet.

It's not the best example, but Walter Thurmond played at a high level for Seattle after losing almost two years with a blown-out knee. Regardless, I doubt we're going into next season with him pencilled in as a major factor, but I don't think we need to dig his grave just yet.

1. Thurmond played his rookie year and almost half his second year. Big difference.

2. He had 12 good games at nickel when he came back and then got suspended for weed.

You're weird when you're in love.

Evans has a chance. He seemed more like he was being tucked away on the IR, rather than really seriously hurt. But still, he's a fourth round pick who didn't see the field in his rookie year. Next year, there will probably be another vet and, hopefully, a worthwhile draft pick at the position brought in.

Exactly. McDougle and Milliner are both coming off very serious injuries, and in McDougle's case, injuries have kept him off the field for a significant amount of time. The team can't rely on either of these guys going forward. Sure, they can try to be optimistic, but they need a couple CBs in free agency, and at least one of them has to be of the high-priced variety. They've got nothing at the position.

Archived