Hypothetical Trades And Other Observations

KRL

With some of the rumors floating around would you consider these

trades?

- If TB does select Winston would you give up a conditional 5th round
pick in 2016 for Glennon?

- If Chip Kelly is serious about moving up for Mariota would you take
Foles and PHI 2nd & 4th rounders for our #1 pick?

- With the new front office in place we've all been looking at HOU & ARZ
connections for potential free agents.  But with the new staff hired we should

expand our potential targets to their former teams:

OAK - (ST Coordinator)
MIA - (Def Coordinator)
BUF & NE - (DLine Coach)
ATL - (LB & CB Coaches)
GB - (OLine Coach)
MIN - (TE Coach)
TEN - (QB Coach)  

trades?

OAK - (ST Coordinator)

MIA - (Def Coordinator)

BUF & NE - (DLine Coach)

ATL - (LB & CB Coaches)

GB - (OLine Coach)

MIN - (TE Coach)

TEN - (QB Coach)  

no,we have to get there 1st rd pick 20 as well as Foles there 2nd & 4th great deal for both sides.

Glennon has had his chance in TB twice and effed it up

i mean, the Bucs were an absolute disgrace this season.  McCown also failed pretty miserably in his time in there, Glennon only played 6 games.  They had a 1st time ever OC on any level, who was terrible.  They were down 2 RBs for the majority of the year.  No TEs, 1 good WR and a bad o-line.

his 2013 season really wasn't bad.  he came in and made them competitive.  again, 2013 he had a solid run game but 1 good WR.  

59%, 2,608 yds, 19 TDs, 9 INTs.

in Geno's 1st year he had 12 TDs and 21 INTs.  come on.  

i'd bring Glennon in for a late round pick and let him try and win it.

trades?

OAK - (ST Coordinator)

MIA - (Def Coordinator)

BUF & NE - (DLine Coach)

ATL - (LB & CB Coaches)

GB - (OLine Coach)

MIN - (TE Coach)

TEN - (QB Coach)  

I'm not sold on Glennon however a conditional 5th is a reasonable price to pay to take a chance.

No I would not make that deal.  I like Foles and would like to get him but the rest of the value is simply not good enough.  I would try and squeeze more out of them because they are in effect giving up on Foles.  They would have to give up their #20 at a minimum with Foles.

Of the teams you listed I might poke around at the following players.

Oakland - none

Miami - Charles Clay

Buffalo - CJ Spiller

New England - Shane Vereen

Atlanta - Jaquizz Rogers

Green Bay - Tremon Williams, Bryan Bulaga

Minnesota - none

Tennessee - Jake Locker, Brent Kern

i mean, the Bucs were an absolute disgrace this season.  McCown also failed pretty miserably in his time in there, Glennon only played 6 games.  They had a 1st time ever OC on any level, who was terrible.  They were down 2 RBs for the majority of the year.  No TEs, 1 good WR and a bad o-line.

his 2013 season really wasn't bad.  he came in and made them competitive.  again, 2013 he had a solid run game but 1 good WR.  

59%, 2,608 yds, 19 TDs, 9 INTs.

in Geno's 1st year he had 12 TDs and 21 INTs.  come on.  

i'd bring Glennon in for a late round pick and let him try and win it.

Agreed...Glennon got screwed by Lovie Smith...getting him is a no brainer if he can be had for a mid-round pick.

If we have a chance to get Winston or Mariota and we don't?  Then we deserved to die.

I felt this way for a long time but not so much now.  Who knows what's going to happen to Winston with this rape thing.  I saw the other day that the accusers case is now part of a movie that was at sundance the other day.  If there is even the most remote chance he's a rapist, I'd hope the Jets would avoid him. 

Mariota?  As I've said before, I don't pretend to be a talent evaluator, but in the FSU game he looked very meh.  Screen pass after screen pass after screen pass before airing it out to a WR with nobody within ten yards of him. 

Agreed...Glennon got screwed by Lovie Smith...getting him is a no brainer if he can be had for a mid-round pick.

I agree. The guy could be like a poor man's Flacco for us. If we had even an average QB we would have won a ton more games last year. I am all for giving Glennon a shot. He is big, strong and can make all the throws. I'd take him and dump Geno in a NY minute.

LL

I felt this way for a long time but not so much now.  Who knows what's going to happen to Winston with this rape thing.  I saw the other day that the accusers case is now part of a movie that was at sundance the other day.  If there is even the most remote chance he's a rapist, I'd hope the Jets would avoid him. 

Mariota?  As I've said before, I don't pretend to be a talent evaluator, but in the FSU game he looked very meh.  Screen pass after screen pass after screen pass before airing it out to a WR with nobody within ten yards of him. 

I just think the new regimes needs their own QB.  Bring him in with Geno and a veteran back up that still wants to play and let them REALLY compete.  Not going to be that good this year anyhow, but at least have a possible guy of the future on the team for next year.

These guys may turn out to be good but I'm not completely sold on them.  

If I didn't accidently eat the wishbone and kitchen table this thanksgiving I would pull it with you if we make a pact to wish for a QB like Luck to come out this year. Since we don't let's take a shot on one of these guys and go from there. 

trades?

OAK - (ST Coordinator)

MIA - (Def Coordinator)

BUF & NE - (DLine Coach)

ATL - (LB & CB Coaches)

GB - (OLine Coach)

MIN - (TE Coach)

TEN - (QB Coach)  

Yes.

No. I would want Foles, Philly's 1st rounder and their 4th. I'd probably still do this even if we got Glennon.  

The FA targets should span every team in the league, we aren't so good to be selective to the level of only picking players who played for guys on our coaching staff.

I just think the new regimes needs their own QB.  Bring him in with Geno and a veteran back up that still wants to play and let them REALLY compete.  Not going to be that good this year anyhow, but at least have a possible guy of the future on the team for next year.

If I didn't accidently eat the wishbone and kitchen table this thanksgiving I would pull it with you if we make a pact to wish for a QB like Luck to come out this year. Since we don't let's take a shot on one of these guys and go from there. 

Oh god yeah, they absolutely need a new QB.  I just don't like the idea of a guy who may be a rapist or even a guy who may end up back under the microscope if/when this movie hits.  Marriota?  I'm torn.  I've heard somebody say he's the next Andrew Luck (that was Matt  Millen) and I've heard people say he needs Chip Kelly's offense to succeed.

If they can get a guy like Glennon and keep the 6th pick, that would be my preference.  Next choice would be a swap with the Eagles that includes Foles.

Oh god yeah, they absolutely need a new QB.  I just don't like the idea of a guy who may be a rapist or even a guy who may end up back under the microscope if/when this movie hits.  Marriota?  I'm torn.  I've heard somebody say he's the next Andrew Luck (that was Matt  Millen) and I've heard people say he needs Chip Kelly's offense to succeed.

If they can get a guy like Glennon and keep the 6th pick, that would be my preference.  Next choice would be a swap with the Eagles that includes Foles.

What about Fitz, Glennon and 6th Pick. Let Geno, Fitz and Glennon fight for the QB spot...a real competition. With the 6th pick they get Amari Cooper. 

LL

Waldman does a really good job breaking down Mariota here. Imo, you just can't saddle this franchise with a guy whom you're hoping can learn how to throw a football.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/01/25/rsp-film-room-no-25-qb-marcus-mariota/

I know it's not something that's Mariotta's fault, but I wanted to see some good throws out of him and looked up some highlights yesterday.  I stopped watching when roughly fifteen of the first sixteen plays were scrambling plays and the one throw was a screen pass.  Again, this is far from the be all end all, but if you're a supposed lock to be a franchise guy, I'd expect to see a lot of big time throws.  I'm gonna' try to find a few Oregon games online to download and watch because the little I've seen from him doesn't give me any hope for him in the NFL.

What about Fitz, Glennon and 6th Pick. Let Geno, Fitz and Glennon fight for the QB spot...a real competition. With the 6th pick they get Amari Cooper. 

LL

Would love Fitz/Glennon.

I know it's not something that's Mariotta's fault, but I wanted to see some good throws out of him and looked up some highlights yesterday. I stopped watching when roughly fifteen of the first sixteen plays were scrambling plays and the one throw was a screen pass. Again, this is far from the be all end all, but if you're a supposed lock to be a franchise guy, I'd expect to see a lot of big time throws. I'm gonna' try to find a few Oregon games online to download and watch because the little I've seen from him doesn't give me any hope for him in the NFL.

If you watch that long Waldman video, he goes through a sh*t-ton of Mariota's throws and explains why they're off target so many times. Part of it was a system that asked him to throw on the run a lot, but much of it is on Mariota's ugly technique. He's got a lot of bad habits, particularly with his feet. Dude was basically playing backyard football.

the whole trading away Mariota thing doesn't sit well. Who needs a QB more than the Jets ?

and I don't even like Mariota. Just don't make me watch another year of Geno. Please. 

Drafting a guy you don;t like as a QB because you don't like the current guy is pure folly.  That is how you get the ponders, gabberts, lockers of the world.  If the team hates Geno you go out and get a vet.  forcing up the value of QB's you are not sold on on a need basis is just a poor strategy.  draft a QB every year until you find one?  sure by all means, using a 6th overall to force the pick is nuts.

IMO, if the Jets can make an RGIII/STL trade, you do it every time.

RGIII will never be the same guy we saw in year one in Washington. His knee is shredded and the damage is permanent. Also, if you watched him play recently, you would have seen that the sense of playing with abandon is gone. He is not worth it. Same with Mr. St. Loo....Bradford will always be hesitant because of the prior injuries. Just not good to trade for damaged goods. 

Better to draft a possible good player than to recycle damage goods. AND if you are gonna get a damaged vet, get a short term project like Fitz and add a young player like Glennon for this year. 

LL

If you watch that long Waldman video, he goes through a sh*t-ton of Mariota's throws and explains why they're off target so many times. Part of it was a system that asked him to throw on the run a lot, but much of it is on Mariota's ugly technique. He's got a lot of bad habits, particularly with his feet. Dude was basically playing backyard football.

Yeah, too many question marks to take him at #6.  I actually saw a mock on nfl.com last week that had him going at #18.  Some people are thinking he will fall.

Yeah, too many question marks to take him at #6.  I actually saw a mock on nfl.com last week that had him going at #18.  Some people are thinking he will fall.

You have him not running an offense under center in college and he looks susceptible to hits with his frame with NFL players

You have him not running an offense under center in college and he looks susceptible to hits with his frame with NFL players

That too...I could see him getting dinged up in a hurry with him running as much as he does.

Archived