2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Archer is a very talented pitcher.

I hate Chris Archer.

Buddy of mine at work played HS ball with him, and is very tight with him.  Archer got him on the field with the players and family members for the HR Derby last month.  Every year he gets to fly down and hang out with Chris and some of the other Rays during Spring Training.  Also said Chris will be one of his groomsman if/when he ever gets married.  So I can't help but root for Archer a bit, he seems like a good dude.

^^ Cool story bro, I know.

Buddy of mine at work played HS ball with him, and is very tight with him. Archer got him on the field with the players and family members for the HR Derby last month. Every year he gets to fly down and hang out with Chris and some of the other Rays during Spring Training. Also said Chris will be one of his groomsman if/when he ever gets married. So I can't help but root for Archer a bit, he seems like a good dude.

^^ Cool story bro, I know.

Seems like a fun guy. But that sh*t where he celebrates after every strike out is gonna get that team In a brawl eventually. Flores looked like he wanted to rush the mound with his bat in hand.

Seems like a fun guy. But that sh*t where he celebrates after every strike out is gonna get that team In a brawl eventually. Flores looked like he wanted to rush the mound with his bat in hand.

Particularly against a team like ours that seems to have a lot of "throwback type" pitchers.  The Chase Utley staredown you referenced the other day sticks out in my mind.

Particularly against a team like ours that seems to have a lot of "throwback type" pitchers.  The Chase Utley staredown you referenced the other day sticks out in my mind.

Yeah, if that was at Citifield and he had to bat, and Harvey was on the mound, Harvey is definitely brushing him back.

Not at all. That's 18 plates a side, which is a lot but not unbelievable by any means. Cespedes has some big legs and he's also a ******* freak athlete. If that's his max, well done. If he can actually rep that, that's pretty impressive for a ballplayer.

Now cue the mother****in music!

That's freaking nuts. 

Niese pitching well. Maybe Theo shows us some mercy and only takes Harvey and Niese for Castro. Trading is impossible. :( :( :( :kicks rock:

Surely you jest, they couldn't pull one of the SSs for Murphy. MAYBE Alcantara

d'Arnaud is probably understandable for Baez or Castro, but I would imagine the Mets would want more for a cost controlled bat that can hit and field when healthy.

What's the likelihood we could trade Steven Matz for, say, Starlin Castro?  Or is this the stupidest idea ever?  Is Gato going to punch me for this suggestion?

#thankssandy

Starlin Castro says he understands Cubs' decision to bench him

Cubs' Starlin Castro, Addison Russell adjust to new roles.

Inside, the Cubs' on-field renovation entered Day 2 of "Operation: Bench Starlin Castro."

It made for an uncomfortable situation for Castro's replacement at shortstop, rookie Addison Russell, before Saturday's 8-6 win over the Giants.

"I don't know what's going on. He picks me up whenever I'm down," Russell said of Castro. "That's all I have to say about that."

And what of Russell's move a few feet over in the infield?

"Now my dreams are coming true," he said. "That's great and all, but I want to help out the team now that I'm in the big leagues."

Castro, 25 and a three-time All-Star, had a few things to say Saturday, the first time he had spoken publicly since manager Joe Maddon delivered the news Friday.

Initially the operation cut deep, he said. But after a night of reflection, he said he understands why Maddon decided to sit him, something he said has never happened to him at any level.

He understands it has a lot to do with his .236 batting average, 42 points below his career average. And his .575 OPS. And his minus-1.3 wins above replacement, worst among regular shortstops.

"In the beginning I take it very personally," Castro said. "Feel a little frustrated, especially when they tell me I'm not going to play (until) I don't know when."

Russell, 21, will take his place for now, with Chris Coghlan taking over at second.

"You're just trying to get the feel of it," Russell said. "It may not be quite as smooth as you want it, but I did get the job done (Friday). I feel good over there right now."

Russell, who's batting .241 with a .675 OPS, responded before the game by praising Castro. He responded during the game with doubles in his first two at-bats and finished with three hits and an RBI.

Castro echoed Russell's we-oriented words, from a different perspective, and said he's ready to do "whatever you can do to help the team."

So far, that hasn't included being asked to play another position. Maddon said the Cubs want to keep Castro "where he's at now, mentally."

"They know what they're doing," Castro said. "They know it's better for me and it's better for other players. Whatever decision they make, I'm in."

Castro was almost in twice Friday, when he was called on to pinch-hit, but he never made it to the plate.

Castro said his relationship with Russell is good and he will continue to try to help him.

Maddon said he wasn't surprised by Castro's reaction.

"I would be frustrated too," he said. "He was very professional about it."

Harvey has been nothing short of brilliant his last 3 starts.

It'll be interesting to see if Collins lets him go out in the 9th. I say pull him. Familia has been pitching well and Harvey is up again on Sunday. His pitch counts have been low and he's clearly pitching his best baseball of the year right now. Don't **** with a good thing.

Harvey has been nothing short of brilliant his last 3 starts.

It'll be interesting to see if Collins lets him go out in the 9th. I say pull him. Familia has been pitching well and Harvey is up again on Sunday. His pitch counts have been low and he's clearly pitching his best baseball of the year right now. Don't **** with a good thing.

5 of his last 6 starts(including today's) have been really, really good. 

Archived