winston not passing eye test

jgb

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next series 2nd and 9 (1 yard run on 1st) Glennon converts with a nice pump fake

Robert%20Herron%202.gif

Look at how he moves the backers, moves up in the pocket, looks off the safety (#27), resets his feet and hits his target in stride. Dude is just a beast.

Robert%20Herron%20Alternate.gif

Next play, 1st and 10 he converts

Ali%20Marpet.gif

Last year I said Glennon's line was terrible. Look at Ali Marpet (who we should have drafted) Dude is stone walling the defender. Look at the ball placement on the pass. In stride, right in the stomach right outside of the defenders reach. This guy would be considered "covered" if it was Geno given inaccuracy.

Marpet%20Alternate.gif

4 min drill after Glennon gets 8 yards on 1st and 10 he over throws his wide open receiver on 2nd and 2. 

2nd%20down%20miss.gif

Comes back on 3rd and 2 and converts for a nice gain. Hits him right in the numbers. Dude more often than not is accurate all over the field. 

last%20drive%20conversion.gif

Glennon has been doing this since his rookie season. Im not confirming that TB would deal him, all im saying is that it would be foolish not to try and get this guy. He doesnt hurt your offense. He's never had a running game and he deals with WR's (including Vincent and Evans) dropping passes right in the bread basket. 

Matt Flynn and Rex Grossman are a waste of time. That I believe we can both agree on. 

If Winston is looking iffy they aren't going to trade this guy so it might be time to more or less give up on the idea.

Man, I remember me and a bunch of guys getting made fun of for loving Bridgewater so much on JI. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW BOYS.

Your posts pretty much SUCK - except for this one. You are right on here. Idziot passed on Bridgewater which will be equivalent to passing on Marino.

Your posts pretty much SUCK - except for this one. You are right on here. Idziot passed on Bridgewater which will be equivalent to passing on Marino.

Look, I'm willing to move on from that spat we had if you are. Rough day for all jet fans on both sides of the Geno fence on this board. I apologize for taking things too far.

Back to Bridgewater. I was enamored with him well before we even selected Geno. Watching him carve Florida like the defense wasn't even there sold me on him as a Franchise QB. Going into the 2014 draft it was rumored we were going to take a QB high (1st-3rd) if the right guy was available. The fact that John Idzik didn't view him as one of the "right guys" tells you everything you need to know about his level of incompetence. It blew my f*cking mind that he fell that far. Houston almost had the chance to grab Clowney AND Bridgewater and likely would done just that if Seattle didn't trade out.

We may have a chance. Remember, Lovie Smith and that front office are acting like morons. He named Winston the starter before preseason/training camp even began. Who the hell does that? Winston didnt look ready at all yesterday. And yes, its his first go at the NFL so im not making too much of a big deal, but to give the job to a guy when you have a guy like Glennon that has been there for that franchise before when the QB went down and played solid....this guy just refuses to play him. This is why I feel that we still have a chance. People have laughed at me, but I would go as high as a 2nd rounder for Glennon. I do believe that a 3rd rounder would do it but I dont see the TB organization walking away from a 2nd rounder when they have clearly shown that they're doing everything to go in another direction from Glennon. if they could get a deal like that then I can see them taking it and getting one of these FA QB's knowing that they just scooped a high draft pick. Glennon is worth the risk imo. We dont need a superstar, we just need a QB who can score more TD's than he does turning the ball over. The Jets can give that to him. he'll have better targets, a better Oline, a better run game and a top 5 caliber defense. Match that with what he's done with what he's had and that 2nd/3rd round pick wont matter when we're in the playoffs with a young QB that we can lock up for years. [/quote

This 100xs, right on the money Villain. Tampa is committed to Winston come hell or high water. Who would not grab a second round draft choice for a QB who will be nothing more then a backup for your team. I would certainly offer a third without a second thought.

First off you are going to get a young prospect who has proven experience in the NFL. While this does not guarantee success, it eliminates the acclamation period. Second, you get a young QB who you have seen enough of to have a strong idea what he is capable of. Thus allowing you the possibility of getting a franchise QB for the long term. Who can start as soon as he has learn the play book and system.

Now I have to ask any Jets fan, who would not give up a third rounder or even a second if it came to that, for that deal.

Out of all the young QB's in the NFL right now, to my way of thinking, Glennon has the most potential to be that franchise QB.

the qb is just about everything in this league. with that said, if I was making the decisions in tampa, I would rather have glennon than a 2nd round pick. and by you saying that you would give up a 2nd round pick, I think you feel the same

the qb is just about everything in this league. with that said, if I was making the decisions in tampa, I would rather have glennon than a 2nd round pick. and by you saying that you would give up a 2nd round pick, I think you feel the same

I would love to it this year as Glennon will hit F/A next year. An there should be little doubt that his services will be in high demand. At least we would have first shot at keeping him and working out a fair contract for both sides.

Also the promise of having a fair shot at being the starter and the long term solution to the Jets QB needs, would have to be appealing

Not to mention playing in a major market where your chances for large endorsement deals are much better the Tampa FL.

I would love to it this year as Glennon will hit F/A next year. An there should be little doubt that his services will be in high demand. At least we would have first shot at keeping him and working out a fair contract for both sides.

Also the promise of having a fair shot at being the starter and the long term solution to the Jets QB needs, would have to be appealing

Not to mention playing in a major market where your chances for large endorsement deals are much better the Tampa FL.

That's why he could probably be had for a 2nd this year otherwise the Buc's could get nothing next year..

This thread is funny AF .. Winston not passing the eye test after 1 preseason game ?

Than we wonder why the football God never bless us with a franchise QB.. This fan base has no patience to develop one ..

And yet professional GMs must make decisions based on NFL combine. When you know, you know. Winston looks like a bust.

Lets wait more than 1 preseason game to declare a player a bust. Pump the breaks a little bit.

Why wait if you know? If I was jets GM geno would've been benched for good mid 2013. Think of the pain that would've prevented. People take too long to move on. Hope springs eternal-but it is not a strategy.

Anyone see Mariota? I keep reading different sh*t

No, I only caught the Mettenberger part of their 2nd preseason game... and found myself wondering why the **** they bothered drafting Mariotta. They should have taken Amari Cooper to pair with Mett and their other young offensive players... or Leonard Williams to snap into the defense LeBeau is installing. 

Yeah I saw on the next possession he was pulled. Way to beat the blitz by Glennon though that was impressive.

What I would do to have a QB who could point out a blitz like that and audible the play to take advantage. What. I. Would. Do.

Your posts pretty much SUCK - except for this one. You are right on here. Idziot passed on Bridgewater which will be equivalent to passing on Marino.

Ugh no, Bridgewater isn't anywhere in the same neighborhood of Marino.   To say this is says you aren't old enough to have seem Marino or smart enough to know what he accomplished in his career.

What I would do to have a QB who could point out a blitz like that and audible the play to take advantage. What. I. Would. Do.

Eh we might have a guy right now that can recognize and audible to the correct call but wouldn't be able to sling it like haha.

I think it would be wise to trade for Glennon and not take the chance in FA. Trade him then resign him 

No, I only caught the Mettenberger part of their 2nd preseason game... and found myself wondering why the **** they bothered drafting Mariotta. They should have taken Amari Cooper to pair with Mett and their other young offensive players... or Leonard Williams to snap into the defense LeBeau is installing. 

Mettenberger has been really good. You're right, from the looks of it they didnt have to draft Mariota. Maybe they should have taken the motherload from Philly. 

He did get pulled. Mike Glennon just made one hell of a play. Maybe @Villain The Foe is right after all.

It's halftime and that TD pass play was pretty damn awesome. And did you see that pass to the TE inbetween the CB and Safety? Im still waiting to see a Jets QB make such a throw. 

I'm on the Glennon to NYJ wagon!

There's enough room. I loved how Gruden spoke about Glennon, especially when he talked about people criticizing Glennon yet never watched TB games. 

Yeah I saw on the next possession he was pulled. Way to beat the blitz by Glennon though that was impressive.

Put it right in the bread basket. 

He looks better than I thought he was but no way Tampa Bay trades him. 

You may be right. If Winston goes down they can still win games with Glennon. TB still has Oline issues and drops by receivers. I was really high on Kenny Bell coming out of school. He's been unimpressive so far. 

It's halftime and that TD pass play was pretty damn awesome. And did you see that pass to the TE inbetween the CB and Safety? Im still waiting to see a Jets QB make such a throw.

The one to Brandon Meyers?  Was on the phone with my father when he made it and we both just said: "That was one hell of a throw".  I'd kill to see a Jets QB do that.  Seriously.

The one to Brandon Meyers?  Was on the phone with my father when he made it and we both just said: "That was one hell of a throw".  I'd kill to see a Jets QB do that.  Seriously.

This guy is good man. I've always said it, he's not a top 10 elite QB, but he can be in the top half of the QB's in this league. 

I'll take the 16th best QB in the league. Glennon is a legit QB talent that a team with support can win with. 

Archived