Jets \ Falcons: Preseason Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so optimistic about Bryce Petty.

Ya kno what....I give the start to Petty next week just to see what he can do against and with starters...I certainly like him more than Fitz, and has more moxie than Geno has ever shown.

Out at dinner with family. Could someone share Pettys stats? Does he step up and make decent throws or does he run around like an idiot?

I am starting to believe miracles happen sometimes. If the Mets can be blessed with Degrom, maybe in time the Petty could do the same with the Jets!

11/14 122 YDS 1 TD

A number of the passes were dumpoffs, but he did throw a couple strikes (including the TD). He is showing a much improved awareness from last week; reading defenses, knowing when to take off running, going through progressions a bit, etc. Very positive showing so far.

Does NOT look like a deer in headlights.

People here will be calling for it by week 2

You know the media is going to be writing it tomorrow lol

I do honestly think they should give him 1 series with the 1s next week.  He looks like he's earning that tonight, if not for anything, you need to see where he currently is at, cuz he's outplaying the stringers they got him playing right now.

I'm seriously really impressed with Petty right now.  This is a massive jump from last week.  He is identifying defenses and blitz, he's making some good judgements, like when he ran just enought to get that 1st down and out of bounds to stop the clock.  He has to work a bit on that accuracy but he gets the ball out quick and when he's on, he's dead on with some throws.  Can't help myself wishing for him to pull a Wilson and each week just blow us away with the light bulbs going on

I know nobody wants to start Petty, but what IF he continues to make improvements and is better than Fitz.  

Please God, no. I'd rather just flush the season down the sh*tter now than ruin another QB by playing him too early 

I think most of us know not to be stupid!!

It is just so refreshing to see a guy come out and play up to his current ability at the QB position. 

I hear you ... I didn't want Sanchez to start or Smith under the previous regime.  But they did and it was disaster......

I really believe that Chan is different, he has tremendous experience developing young QBs so I am confident that they will bring Petty out the right way so that when and if he gets in the boy will be ready!!

So sit back and relax, yes Jets fan relax, we finally have a few folks in place who know how to develop the QB position something we probably haven't had in over 20 years!! Scary!!

Archived