Sammy Watkins unhappy in Buffalo

Matt39

Antonio Brown told reporters on Wednesday that he believed it was time for Steelers quarterback Mike Vick to regularly look his way. On Thursday, it was Sammy Watkins' turn to call for the (damn) ball. "That's what I get mad at, when I don't get looked at," Watkins told The Buffalo News. "I can look at film and his eyes go straight that way and I'm not getting looked at, at all. That's when I get frustrated. When I have one­on­one coverage, go to me. I don't care what's going on over there. I don't care if he's open. When I get one on one, just target me." Watkins looks around the league and sees other No. 1 receivers getting looks week after week. "Their quarterbacks go to them in every one­on­one situation," Watkins said. "Force the ball. The only things that'll happen are I catch it or knock it out." Watkins said he spoke with his agent after the Bills' loss to the Patriots in Week 2. His representation then reached out to the team about Watkins' lack of targets. Watkins believes he needs 10 targets a game.

"You came up to draft me and I'm not getting targets ­­ that's a problem," he said. "You're making me look bad and you're making yourself look bad.

Why not make both of us look good?" There's some obvious frustration on display here. Watkins was brought to the Bills to be an offensive savior, but he's been overshadowed at his position. A series of nagging injuries haven't helped, including the calf issue that's cost him the past two games. Watkins has the skill level

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this news last night but was deleted. But i guess since this was started by someone else suddenly its considered newsworthy and not deleted. Makes sense lol

Most likely because with your anticipated move to Singapore, you are now viewed as a traitor to the United States.  

Most likely because with your anticipated move to Singapore, you are now viewed as a traitor to the United States.  

i didnt betray the united states. The united states betrayed me. Sorry max now your site is under surveillance under the Patriot Act.

A WR complaining he needs the ball more?  That's a first.

I'm sure the Bills are frustrated you cant stay healthy, Sammy.

This is like Roddy White complaining about targets when they were 4-0.

Shut up.  You're winning. 

the first cracks of a locker room split between offense and defense are beginning. Will be fun to watch

A WR complaining he needs the ball more?  That's a first.

I'm sure the Bills are frustrated you cant stay healthy, Sammy.

This is like Roddy White complaining about targets when they were 4-0.

Shut up.  You're winning. 

Speaking of the Falcons, you could not give me enough points to bet them.  Look, I respect Brees' ability to play and lead. But WTF was up with Ryan last night. Fumble twice in the red zone. Twice!! "Matty Ice" my friggin' ass.

i didnt betray the united states. The united states betrayed me. Sorry max now your site is under surveillance under the Patriot Act.

the first cracks of a locker room split between offense and defense are beginning. Will be fun to watch

I dream about this constantly.  Even at my age, some are actually wet from the excitement of the prospect.

What are the odds Harvin is getting into his head on this

sammy will call harvin a flashlight and harvin will procedure to beat watkins on targets, catches, yards, tds, and jersey sales lol

I dream about this constantly.  Even at my age, some are actually wet from the excitement of the prospect.

yes, it is called drool

i loved sammy at clemson and was pissed the bills ended up with him.  i think he would put up decent numbers with a better qb, but that being said he needs to shut it.  his team is winning games and he cant stay healthy.  hammy watkins

Exactly.  Hard to get 10 targets a game while riding the pine.  In order to build a rapport with a brand new QB you have to be on the field.  But we all know players are incapable of shutting up when playing for Rex. 

i loved sammy at clemson and was pissed the bills ended up with him.  i think he would put up decent numbers with a better qb, but that being said he needs to shut it.  his team is winning games and he cant stay healthy.  hammy watkins

he'd put up good #'s if he was actually on the field.  I liked Watkins coming out of college and still think he'll be a good player but he needs to shut up and play.

so i guess beckham wound up being the best WR drafted that year??  is it even close??

Right now, nope.  Mike Evans should be # 2 on the list but has struggled to develop a relationship with Winston (just 13 catches on 33 targets). 

Quietly, Jarvis Landry has been the most consistent of the bunch despite being paired with a lousy QB.  Dude is a target machine, and up until he went up against Revis in London, he'd caught 5 or more passes for 12 straight games dating back to Week 8 last season.

I posted this news last night but was deleted. But i guess since this was started by someone else suddenly its considered newsworthy and not deleted. Makes sense lol

Because it's not true.  Sammy is happy here.  Just wants more plays.

Right now, nope.  Mike Evans should be # 2 on the list but has struggled to develop a relationship with Winston (just 13 catches on 33 targets). 

Quietly, Jarvis Landry has been the most consistent of the bunch despite being paired with a lousy QB.  Dude is a target machine, and up until he went up against Revis in London, he'd caught 5 or more passes for 12 straight games dating back to Week 8 last season.

Yeah but Jace Amaro and stuff.

Archived