Rex Ryan: Jets are red hot, a complete team

Patriot Killa

Don't worry Rex, I miss that one Ex that was average when we were together but now that we aren't, she's smoking hot. I feel you bro..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/193766/rex-ryan-jets-are-red-hot-and-complete-team

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan heaped praise Monday on the New York Jets in advance of the Buffalo Bills' regular-season finale Sunday, when Ryan will have an opportunity to help keep his former team out of the playoffs.

“I think first off, it’s about getting the win,” Ryan said. “We know we’re facing a team that’s red hot. That team is probably as talented as anyone out there. When you look at it, even from a statistical standpoint, I think they’re sixth and eighth -- defense is sixth, offense is eighth in the league. This team is a complete football team. No surprise they have the record they have.

“But just to get a win, I don’t care if we’re playing East Carolina, you want to get a win, period. There’s no question about it. The spoiler role, I think is probably, maybe, I mean, who knows. But it’s to me, I think us just getting a win against a good football team would be great.”

When Ryan was asked if he had any added motivation to play spoiler for the team that he coached from 2009 through last season, Ryan simply said, “No” and then smiled at reporters.

Bills running back Boobie Dixon said Sunday after Buffalo’s win over the Dallas Cowboys that their finale against the Jets would be the Bills’ “Super Bowl” because of the chance to deal a blow to the Jets’ playoff hopes.

“I think guys do get revved up,” Ryan said Monday. “You’re playing against a team where you admire where they’re at. You wish that was you in that situation. It’s not. But this is your last shot at this this year. So you get to play against a team that has everything riding on it.

“We know we having nothing on it statistically -- we can’t advance from it or whatever. But it’s a lot for us being professionals. We’re gonna try our best to win this game.”

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan is right the Jets are hot now.  But they are still leaving points on the field.  It would be nice to see the Jets score touchdowns when they should touchdowns, then they would be downright dangerous!!!

they're one of the top, if not the top team in the NFL in the red zone.  

They can't be leaving that many points on the field. 

Tell REX I said GFY.

Tell REX....

We now have a GM that cant be pushed around as he started at the bottom.

We now have an OC that wasnt hired because he runs a wildcat

We now have a HC that resembles Landry and Tomlin in behavior not Bozo the clown.

We now have a HC that attends offensive meetings.

We now have a DC that isnt a puppet.

We have a HC who cut under performing Coples

We now have a HC who wont be tattooing a player jersey on his arm

We now have a HC who wont put feet videos on the internet.

and did I mention F. U. REX?

This game will be a refferndum on Rex Ryan as much as it is on Bowles and Fitz and the Jets.

Will Buffalo come out and play their asses off for their first-year Head Coach with literally nothing but pride on the line?

Will the Jets come out and play like a team with everything to lose in THEIR first-year Head Coaches run, with the playoffs and careers (Fitz) on the line?

The NFL got this schedule right.  This year couldn't and shouldn't have ended any other way.

We'll see who cares more.

We also have like the fifth most 3 and outs. THere's much room for improvement.

We're a top 10 offense and number one in the red zone.  If that's much room for improvement, I'll take it.  There's always room for improvement.

Given what we've been in the last 7 seasons, I'm not even thinking about complaining. 

We're a top 10 offense and number one in the red zone.  If that's much room for improvement, I'll take it.  There's always room for improvement.

Given what we've been in the last 7 seasons, I'm not even thinking about complaining. 

Top 10 Offense.  Top 10 Defense.

10 wins one to go.

I'd sign up for that every year!

Top 10 Offense.  Top 10 Defense.

10 wins one to go.

I'd sign up for that every year!

Right?

Guess he's spoiled by all the top five offenses we've had over the last 10 years!!!

Lets enjoy what we have, not cry about the few things we don't have.

This game will be a refferndum on Rex Ryan as much as it is on Bowles and Fitz and the Jets.

Will Buffalo come out and play their asses off for their first-year Head Coach with literally nothing but pride on the line?

Will the Jets come out and play like a team with everything to lose in THEIR first-year Head Coaches run, with the playoffs and careers (Fitz) on the line?

The NFL got this schedule right.  This year couldn't and shouldn't have ended any other way.

We'll see who cares more.

We are not so good that we cannot stub our toe here and trip our way out of the playoffs.

A good test at the right time to be sure but this Jets team is very capable of laying an egg just when you think momentum has to be starting to build.

I told my wife to hide all razors and knives on Sunday. If the Jets lose to this buffoon again I swear I will be suicidal.

It is the Buffalo version of the Super Bowl. Rex, however, always seems to let the magnitude of important games get to him and he will make a major blunder that will open the door for the Jets to win and for Pegula to recognize his mistake. I think if Buffalo loses that Rex will be on the hottest of hot seats. Especially after admitting his big mouth probably detracted from his team unity and comraderie. He is the King Buffoon of self promotion and IMO is NOT worthy of being an NFL head coach any longer. Jets 31, Buffalo 17.

10th in the league in scoring at 24.7 points per game. Room for improvement? Sure. Much? No.

I'm not disagreeing. Taking advantage on the other drives that don't end in a 3 and out, evens it out. But, those 3 and outs hurt our defense. Testament to how well they've done lately, and also a testament to how frustrating our offense was while we were on that 1-4 streak.

Well he beat the Jets last time, let's not forget that. This shouldn't be a trap game.

Buffalo beat the Jets the first time because Todd Bowles out Rexed rex and made several bad decisions. Jets should have won that game and WOULD have if Bowles had played it by the book and went for FG's instead of going for it on fourth downs. This time Bowles shows that - unlike Rex - he can learn from his mistakes and not simply repeat them and call it something else.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/193766/rex-ryan-jets-are-red-hot-and-complete-team

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan heaped praise Monday on the New York Jets in advance of ........   <snip>

"The spoiler role, I think is probably, maybe, I mean, who knows?"

“We know we having nothing on it statistically -- we can’t advance from it or whatever. But it’s a lot for us being professionals. ”

For those of you who think Rex has a future career in TV NFL broadcasting...  I offer you the above quotes.  He would be an absolute train wreck with a microphone every Sunday.

For those of you who think Rex has a future career in TV NFL broadcasting...  I offer you the above quotes.  He would be an absolute train wreck with a microphone every Sunday.

Pretty much.  At this point the only job he'd be any good at is Defensive Coordinator at Clemson.  And they don't need his services at all right now.

Archived