Rex Ryan: Jets are red hot, a complete team

Patriot Killa

they're one of the top, if not the top team in the NFL in the red zone.  

They can't be leaving that many points on the field. 

they lost the first Bills game because they screwed up in the red zone. I was flabbergasted at the time.  They have been very good there.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no doubt they will play hard. The problem for the Bills is they are really banged up.

Charles Clay, who caught 5 passes for 52 yards in the first matchup, is going to be out.

Both of their starting corners, Darby (maybe) and Gilmore (definitely) will not play.

Marcel Dareus, who had the only sack of Fitz in that game, may not play, but is probable.

And the biggest one is LeSean McCoy, who ran 19 times for 112 yards and caught 5 passes for 47 yards in the first game. He is questionable.

The only thing that worries me about this game is that we'll beat them up for most of it, then lose because Watkins gets behind Cro for two TDs.

Revis is going to be on Watkins. Robert Woods, who played in the first game, is on IR (another Bills injury) 

Watkins had the game sealing catch the first matchup, but didn't do much else

Revis is going to be on Watkins. Robert Woods, who played in the first game, is on IR (another Bills injury) 

Watkins had the game sealing catch the first matchup, but didn't do much else

They started throwing deep to Watkins pretty regularly after that Jets game and have had a lot of success doing it. Revis isn't running downfield with the 4.4 and under set anymore.

The only thing that worries me about this game is that we'll beat them up for most of it, then lose because Watkins gets behind Cro for two TDs.

can't happen, yo.  Rex worst coach of all time and stuff.  We should win 50-3 or so like last time.

They started throwing deep to Watkins pretty regularly after that Jets game and have had a lot of success doing it. Revis isn't running downfield with the 4.4 and under set anymore.

I know Revis has been burned, but Watkins had arguably his worst game of the year against the Jets.

Now I mentioned the Bills injuries, but the Jets have, IMO, 2 key players back that DIDN'T play in that first game.

1. Calvin Pryor, who should help with deep pass coverage. Jets had Rontez Miles playing safety in the first game.

2. Bilal Powell, who is 3rd on the Jets in receptions. His emergence has added a new dimension to the offense. Jets had only Ivory and Ridley the first game

For those of you who think Rex has a future career in TV NFL broadcasting...  I offer you the above quotes.  He would be an absolute train wreck with a microphone every Sunday.

Shannon sharpe did pretty well for himself and he can't speak the English language , or any language .

can't happen, yo.  Rex worst coach of all time and stuff.  We should win 50-3 or so like last time.

Numbers don't lie.  Since 2011, when the NFL figured him out, he has a 33-46 record.  Even when factoring in those first 2 seasons and playoff games, he is now 57-60 overall.

This is also his first season since 2011 where his team might finish in the black in terms of net points (currently + 15).  In 2012, '13 and '14 his teams were outscored by more than 90.  In 2011 he was + 14.

Overall, your boy is a failure. 

I have no doubt they will play hard. The problem for the Bills is they are really banged up.

Charles Clay, who caught 5 passes for 52 yards in the first matchup, is going to be out.

Both of their starting corners, Darby (maybe) and Gilmore (definitely) will not play.

Marcel Dareus, who had the only sack of Fitz in that game, may not play, but is probable.

And the biggest one is LeSean McCoy, who ran 19 times for 112 yards and caught 5 passes for 47 yards in the first game. He is questionable.

Gilmore is out? That is a big advantage for jets WR

Numbers don't lie.  Since 2011, when the NFL figured him out, he has a 33-46 record.  Even when factoring in those first 2 seasons and playoff games, he is now 57-60 overall.

This is also his first season since 2011 where his team might finish in the black in terms of net points (currently + 15).  In 2012, '13 and '14 his teams were outscored by more than 90.  In 2011 he was + 14.

Overall, your boy is a failure. 

Your idol never won more than 6 games in the last 10 years.  What's that make him?

Your idol never won more than 6 games in the last 10 years.  What's that make him?

He's won 10 games this year, his only one in a Jet uniform, and has consistently been a guy who puts up points on the scoreboard throughout his career (I.E. a QB who does his job).  I'd say the "can't win 7 games" argument is completely dead at this point, and never was a valid criticism. 

Gilmore is out? That is a big advantage for jets WR

Likely to be out, yes.  They have injuries to significant players for nearly every single unit on the field (RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, secondary, special teams....all but QB).  It's really crazy how many guys are on their injury report. 

And it may be at least partly self-induced.  They didn't let guys heal earlier in the season and are paying for it now.  Not to mention, who the hell knows who Rex has running the strength & conditioning program at this point.

Rex and his faux praise can eat a dick. Guy signed the jackoff who broke our player's jaw and then sent him out as a captain for nothing more than the purpose of petty trolling. If he was going to try and act classy about anything that moment passed a loooooong time ago. 

Classic bully sh*t too. They get put in their place and all of a sudden they don't act so tough anymore. Funny how that works. 

Even in this article Rex is quoted talking about the Jet's offensive and defensive rank.  He seems way to overly concerned with "rank"

It's the kind of thing us fans look at but an NFL coaches really should know better.  It's about Wins and Losses.  I imagine it's even harmful to a team that focus's on their "ranking"

I'm not disagreeing. Taking advantage on the other drives that don't end in a 3 and out, evens it out. But, those 3 and outs hurt our defense. Testament to how well they've done lately, and also a testament to how frustrating our offense was while we were on that 1-4 streak.

That 1-4 period probably hurts our number.  More important is points scored totals.  And its been going up since the team really started to gel after that 1-4 stretch.

We are not so good that we cannot stub our toe here and trip our way out of the playoffs.

A good test at the right time to be sure but this Jets team is very capable of laying an egg just when you think momentum has to be starting to build.

What team cant say that.

they lost the first Bills game because they screwed up in the red zone. I was flabbergasted at the time.  They have been very good there.

Hey, theyre not 100% in the red zone, no one is.  But really, they screwed up all 3 phases of the game that night.  Gave up a TD on STs, turnover on downs in the red zone.  D was shltty against the run.

Off night, still lost by less than a TD and should/could have won the game. 

you're like one of those Japanese dudes living on an island who still thinks WWII is going on. You live in Rochester. Go outside, look to your left. Those are the smoldering craters of what used to be Buffaloshima and Orchard Parkasaki. It's over, Charlie.

you're like one of those Japanese dudes living on an island who still thinks WWII is going on. You live in Rochester. Go outside, look to your left. Those are the smoldering craters of what used to be Buffaloshima and Orchard Parkasaki. It's over, Charlie.

Just when I thought you jumped the shark years ago.  Damn you. 

This is a clear shot at the front office of the Jets. He got garbage to put out on the field, and it certainly want a complete team. Haters will say he put the roster together, and loved will say he over achieved.

Fact remains the talent the past two seasons for rex was abysmal.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I think it is more of the deep passes that are there for the big play the last few weeks that would be either touchdowns, or set up deep in the redzone that he, and some of us are a little frustrated about, I count 4 passes this week alone that were open, and could have went for 40+ yards, and/or a score, cut those in half, and the Jets score 30+.

I think it is more of the deep passes that are there for the big play the last few weeks that would be either touchdowns, or set up deep in the redzone that he, and some of us are a little frustrated about, I count 4 passes this week alone that were open, and could have went for 40+ yards, and/or a score, cut those in half, and the Jets score 30+.

Would be nice if Fitz were better on those but right now it's a little shaky.  But he's still putting points on the board. So we're scoring

For me it is the difference between touchdowns and field goals  that is what is left on the field.  I still believe that the Jets to be successful in the playoffs, should they make it, need to improve upon that...

For me it is the difference between touchdowns and field goals  that is what is left on the field.  I still believe that the Jets to be successful in the playoffs, should they make it, need to improve upon that...

Archived