Let's discuss - Who is the next coach?

Joe W. Namath

Bowles is done.  That much is apparant.  I am going to assume Mac is gone too.

i am thinking Tom Coughlin is the guy.  He can right this ship on the field for the next 3 years, then move to a front office role and have a succesor on the staff so the transition to the next coach is smooth.

Think Parcells when he was here.  He turned the whole culture around and move upstairs after a few years.

who do you guys think we will look at?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think Bowles should keep his job but there is no use in fighting anymore about it. I'm starting to feel like he is going to be fired.

I want a veteran offensive minded HC to help us develop a young QB. I've been saying this for years. I'm so tired of the Jets always going with first time head coaches.

Hire Coughlin or Haley.

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bowles is done.  That much is apparant.  I am going to assume Mac is gone too.

i am thinking Tom Coughlin is the guy.  He can right this ship on the field for the next 3 years, then move to a front office role and have a succesor on the staff so the transition to the next coach is smooth.

Think Parcells when he was here.  He turned the whole culture around and move upstairs after a few years.

who do you guys think we will look at?

Why would Maccagnan go? He has no say on player effort?

Just now, Mike135 said:

We know he passed on Dak, but sure Hack could still be good.  Time will tell.  

But he also chose to sign Fitz.  That alone is a fireable offense.

Would you have preferred that he signed him for multiple years?

He signed him for a year because he knew Fitz might blow up.

As for Dak, every GM passed on him

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If he knew Fitzpatrick would blow like many did he wouldnt have signed him unless of course he's a piss poor GM.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So the excuse for Dak is that every GM passed on him.

Yet Macc is the only GM who wanted Fitz.  

He got things reversed.

Would've been much better if he agreed with all other GMs about Fitz and disagreed about Dak.

Wow!  The Jets are getting absolutely killed everywhere.  Internet, papers, radio and TV.  Was the game really that bad?  (Thankfully I missed it.)

Some are saying last night was so much worse than the Butt Fumble.

NFL Live just did a skit of Damien Woody on a couch getting psychological help after watching the Jets play.

Ha this is awesome!  Anyone who had a hand in this Fitz debacle needs to be tortured about it.  Even if Macc and Bowles aren't fired, they need to be scarred emotionally/professionally and know this $hit is unacceptable.

Bowles will stay. And I thought he should....

..but last night was a damning indictment of Bowles. He has lost the team. I hate the  constant constant constant HC turnover of this franchise. 

I wish I had an answer. I just don't. This franchise has finally broken me. I'm broken.

"A man can be destroyed, but not defeated."

-Santiago, The Old Man and the Sea

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So the excuse for Dak is that every GM passed on him.

Yet Macc is the only GM who wanted Fitz.  

He got things reversed.

Would've been much better if he agreed with all other GMs about Fitz and disagreed about Dak.

You don't know who wanted Fitz, Mac or Bowles, or even Woody for that matter. I suspect Bowles. And since Bowles does not report to Mac, Woody probably had the final say, even if Mac did not want him. We have no idea who wanted or wants anything with this mess of a franchise, because our owner is a moron.

Archived