Combine Rumor: Jets to make big push for Glennon

RutgersJetFan

Sources close to the situation tell me the New York Jets plan to make a big push for quarterback Mike Glennon once free agency begins on March 9. With that being said, the vast majority of people in Indianapolis believe Glennon will be wearing a Chicago Bears uniform in 2017.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-report-34-free-agent-rumors-more-reuben-foster

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming this is true.  My interpretation of this? 

Hack sucks and the Jets know it.  "Reclamation project" my a$$. Chalk up another wasted 2nd round pick. 

My semi-facetious solution to this problem?  Instead of having a former player or fan announce the 2nd round pick?  Let a former player or fan decide the pick.  The results would be better.

While its too early to make a call on Hack, if the Jets do make a big push for Glennon I would think they have doubts about Hack.  If Mac truly believed in Hackenberg a Cutler or a Hoyer would be the move to make.  Those would be considered "bridge" QBs. Glennon (or even Tyrod Taylor) are younger QBs that would be considered more long term solutions. In addition neither would even sign with the Jets if they were not virtually guaranteed the starting job.

5 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

What is a Glennon and why is he so important?  We are tanking to take the first pick in 2018?s

Yes ,the jets are not going for Glennon going for the USC QB in 2018 ,he going to be the next great QB

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's even better than drafting a few and THEN giving Mike Glennon $75 mil. 

And if Glennon goes down behind that line who is the next man up? I really see this as a pipe dream. Too much risk. Too much money.

40 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Outside of sucking for Sam, this would be my next preferred path. I think if you put a line in front of him and give him some weapons he will give you a consistently good offense.

Agreed. He has franchise QB upside. Worst case he is terrible and we still have a shot at Sam. 

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

And if Glennon goes down behind that line who is the next man up? I really see this as a pipe dream. Too much risk. Too much money.

I just don't see how a coveted free agent QB turns down a chance to throw to Robbie Anderson tbh. 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just don't see how a coveted free agent QB turns down a chance to throw to Robbie Anderson tbh. 

In reality though, 2 NYJ QB's were injured behind that line last season.  Also one RB was nicked for a good portion of the time. With two new T for this season on the horizon signing a $75MM QB can set this franchise back (if injured) even longer than it appears now. The Jets are nowhere close to NE.

The Jets have too many pieces needed right now to add a QB at that kind of valuation IMO. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gonna have to concur with my nemesis here. Bears are a much better situation for a guy like him. Great OL, veteran HC, legit RB in Howard...etc. All things equal we'd have to outbid them significantly.

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

In reality though, 2 NYJ QB's were injured behind that line last season.  Also one RB was nicked for a good portion of the time. With two new T for this season on the horizon signing a $75MM QB can set this franchise back (if injured) even longer than it appears now. The Jets are nowhere close to NE.

The Jets have too many pieces needed right now to add a QB at that kind of valuation IMO. 

I 100% agree with you. This is something you do as a GM when you think you're going to get fired soon.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Gonna have to concur with my nemesis here. Bears are a much better situation for a guy like him. Great OL, veteran HC, legit RB in Howard...etc. All things equal we'd have to outbid them significantly.

How long have we been nemeses? I consider you a close personal friend.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I 100% agree with you. This is something you do as a GM when you think you're going to get fired soon.

Lol. If not for all this dead money, the GM could consider a move for Glennon. If he is going to be fired this move could do real harm to the Jets. I would take a more conservative approach. Build through the draft. Get a #1 CB in FA or a FS this year. Look to 2018 to add some major pieces buttressing the club with FA's to fill the fewer holes that should be left after this draft.

honestly, glennon may be a fine qb prospect but it's not like he has a ton of experience.  his career stats are about the same as hoyer.  imho it kind of depends on what the jets horizon is for the vet qb.  do they want him for 1 season? 2 seasons? hoyer's last contract was for 2 years at 10.5 million while glennon is still on his rookie deal. maybe the jets can give glennon a show me type deal with a 2 year escape.

13 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Lol. If not for all this dead money, the GM could consider a move for Glennon. If he is going to be fired this move could do real harm to the Jets. I would take a more conservative approach. Build through the draft. Get a #1 CB in FA or a FS this year. Look to 2018 to add some major pieces buttressing the club with FA's to fill the fewer holes that should be left after this draft.

That's what a reasonably person would do. In order to predict what the Jets will do, start with the following:

1. Blast Krylon chrome into a paper bag for thirty seconds.

2. Place opening of that bag over your nose and mouth for twenty seconds, taking two deep breaths in that time.

3. Think about how much your father resented your conception because it ruined his shot at being the bassist for Deep Purple.

4. Think about the first woman to break your heart, then recite the names of the two men she ended up marrying and divorcing immediately after dumping you, and consider what they had that you didn't. (Hint: money and willingness to perform cunnilingus).

5. Do two shots of peppermint Schnapps.

6. Watch a few highlights of Kellen Clemens' college career.

7. Go up to your wife and tell her this, verbatim: "I know what you're up to and it makes me f*cking sick," while holding up a bottle of her perfume. Over-analyze her immediate reaction.

8. Have a good cry.

9. Consider the literacy rates of red states.

10. Stare really hard into the mirror and realize that your societal value will never, ever reach the level of no-account Rivers Cuomo's.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's what a reasonably person would do. In order to predict what the Jets will do, start with the following:

1. Blast Krylon chrome into a paper bag for thirty seconds.

2. Place opening of that bag over your nose and mouth for twenty seconds, taking two deep breaths in that time.

3. Think about how much your father resented your conception because it ruined his shot at being the bassist for Deep Purple.

4. Think about the first woman to break your heart, then recite the names of the two men she ended up marrying and divorcing immediately after dumping you, and consider what they had that you didn't. (Hint: money and willingness to perform cunnilingus).

5. Do two shots of peppermint Schnapps.

6. Watch a few highlights of Kellen Clemens' college career.

7. Go up to your wife and tell her this, verbatim: "I know what you're up to and it makes me f*cking sick," while holding up a bottle of her perfume. Over-analyze her immediate reaction.

8. Have a good cry.

9. Consider the literacy rates of red states.

10. Stare really hard into the mirror and realize that your societal value will never, ever reach the level of no-account Rivers Cuomo's.

How bout u just fckg kill yourself?

Archived