Parting Ways After 29 Years

southtown24th

We have had season tickets since 1988--went with my Dad, brother and Uncle all throughout the 90s (in my youth), enjoyed the "runs" of 1998 and the 2000s and my last great memory of the Jets was being at the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh with my Dad in 2010...and we all know how that ended...in TRUE JETS FASHION...

My brother moved to LA in 2006, I moved to LA in 2013 and my Dad held on for the past 4 years piecing it together...last season he could not GIVE THE TICKETS AWAY when he could not attend--no friends would join him FOR FREE because of the product on the field--and he was just taking a financial beating year in and year out on the tickets, the preseason games and with little to no success on the field to speak of, my Dad getting older (pushing 70), it was time for our family to move on...I have no regrets or reservations about the decision.  My brother in law (sister married a Die Hard Jets fan in December) did not even want the tickets or show any interest in taking on the STH despite being an avid Jets fan and avid sports fanatic...that told us everything we needed to know about the value of these seats at this point in the game.

This franchise will always be my #1 and have the top spot in my heart and mind when it comes to sports fanhood...with that being said, they make it so ******* hard to hang on year in and year out through all of the HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE, DISGUSTING seasons where the product on the field is absolutely putrid.  As a result, my Dad will have to eat the $8,000.00 PSL fee he shelled out how ever many years ago...but it's best for him and us to cut bait now.   

Woody Johnson destroyed what little respectability this franchise had and there is no sign or harbinger of him parting ways with this organization any time soon.  We are the Cleveland Browns--maybe one step above, but that's it.  

There comes a crossroad in everyone's life (especially when your next of kin live across the country) when a tough decision has to be made and this was the best decision for my family.  We are not looking back or second guessing any part of it...it's the right time to walk away from this franchise financially...we will not be walking away emotionally but, these sunny Southern CA Fall/Winter Sundays significantly decrease the emotional attachment as the days go on... 

Good riddance.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

We have had season tickets since 1988--went with my Dad, brother and Uncle all throughout the 90s (in my youth), enjoyed the "runs" of 1998 and the 2000s and my last great memory of the Jets was being at the AFC Championship Game in Pittsburgh with my Dad in 2010...and we all know how that ended...in TRUE JETS FASHION...

My brother moved to LA in 2006, I moved to LA in 2013 and my Dad held on for the past 4 years piecing it together...last season he could not GIVE THE TICKETS AWAY when he could not attend--no friends would join him FOR FREE because of the product on the field--and he was just taking a financial beating year in and year out on the tickets, the preseason games and with little to no success on the field to speak of, my Dad getting older (pushing 70), it was time for our family to move on...I have no regrets or reservations about the decision.  My brother in law (sister married a Die Hard Jets fan in December) did not even want the tickets or show any interest in taking on the STH despite being an avid Jets fan and avid sports fanatic...that told us everything we needed to know about the value of these seats at this point in the game.

This franchise will always be my #1 and have the top spot in my heart and mind when it comes to sports fanhood...with that being said, they make it so ******* hard to hang on year in and year out through all of the HORRIBLE, DESPICABLE, DISGUSTING seasons where the product on the field is absolutely putrid.  As a result, my Dad will have to eat the $8,000.00 PSL fee he shelled out how ever many years ago...but it's best for him and us to cut bait now.   

Woody Johnson destroyed what little respectability this franchise had and there is no sign or harbinger of him parting ways with this organization any time soon.  We are the Cleveland Browns--maybe one step above, but that's it.  

There comes a crossroad in everyone's life (especially when your next of kin live across the country) when a tough decision has to be made and this was the best decision for my family.  We are not looking back or second guessing any part of it...it's the right time to walk away from this franchise financially...we will not be walking away emotionally but, these sunny Southern CA Fall/Winter Sundays significantly decrease the emotional attachment as the days go on... 

Good riddance.

200+%25281%2529.gif

Thanks for the manifesto JoeWilly12, oh wait!?!?

:)

9 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Good riddance.

I feel your pain bro. We had season tix since the last days at Shea and all through the Meadowlands days. Over twenty years. Moved to Michigan for my job and the PSL's put an end to the rest. I still go to Jet games on the road and whenever I can at home. I will be trying to go to the Jets-Browns in Oct. since they will be pretty close and since both teams will truly suck tix will be easy to come by. I will wait and get the lowest possible price as usual because of how bad the product will be. I always try to sit in the Dawg Pound in Cleveland because its an awesome time and they commiserate with us Jet Fans as we have a lot in common. Years of sucktitude and angst. #1 bowl here I come.

36 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I feel your pain bro. We had season tix since the last days at Shea and all through the Meadowlands days. Over twenty years. Moved to Michigan for my job and the PSL's put an end to the rest. I still go to Jet games on the road and whenever I can at home. I will be trying to go to the Jets-Browns in Oct. since they will be pretty close and since both teams will truly suck tix will be easy to come by. I will wait and get the lowest possible price as usual because of how bad the product will be. I always try to sit in the Dawg Pound in Cleveland because its an awesome time and they commiserate with us Jet Fans as we have a lot in common. Years of sucktitude and angst. #1 bowl here I come.

Absolutely man.  I will always be a Jets fan and it's interesting how people who have never lived outside of NY/NJ seem to struggle with this overall concept.  It feels weird not having the tickets anymore as this was part of my family's identity for close to 30 years.  When my dad said he had had enough and no one stepped up to the plate, it was time to part ways.  A good gauge of how bad things are was when my brother in law, die hard Jets fan, passed on the offer to take over the family tickets (no PSL cost, just the ticket cost each year) multiple times.

It feels good to wash my hands (financially) of this disgusting, disgrace of a franchise.  In terms of my emotional loyalty to the team, the Jets will always hold a special place in my heart like that girlfriend with a crack problem who can't seem to get clean...she keeps going back to crack...keeps relapsing...but you still love her.

Cheers to freedom!

When the jets draft Darnold with the first pick all you guys will be begging to get back in. There is a vision, it just isn't too make PSL fans happy THIS year. Macc could have easily used to cap space, brought in some vets. Kept Harris, Decker etc and gone 7-9 this year. PSL owners would be happy to have some fun wins during the season and we'd be even farther from a title. 

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When the jets draft Darnold with the first pick all you guys will be begging to get back in. There is a vision, it just isn't too make PSL fans happy THIS year. Macc could have easily used to cap space, brought in some vets. Kept Harris, Decker etc and gone 7-9 this year. PSL owners would be happy to have some fun wins during the season and we'd be even farther from a title. 

Which part of NO ONE LIVES IN NY/NJ ANYMORE didn't you get? They could draft Luke Skywalker, Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King and Donny T and I still wouldn't be getting my fat ass on a damn plane every week to fly back to NJ to see that sh*t.  Sorry.

2 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Which part of NO ONE LIVES IN NY/NJ ANYMORE didn't you get? They could draft Luke Skywalker, Jesus Christ, Martin Luther King and Donny T and I still wouldn't be getting my fat ass on a damn plane every week to fly back to NJ to see that sh*t.  Sorry.

Was the first row not available? I'd first try to upgrade to the front row. 

3 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Then you used way too many words to just say I'm giving up my seats because I'm no longer in NY.

1 hour ago, southtown24th said:

Good riddance.

When I retire, and after the last of the progeny is no longer a resident in this house,  I am out of here.  I thought long and hard about that before I bought PSLs.  I figured I'd get close to 20+ years out of them and then part ways and take whatever pennies on the dollar I will get down the road.  I knew that going in. No regrets, even though I never thought Woody would allow the team to drop to a Kotitian level of low.  So now is the worst of it.   Well I'm still working so I'll be around for a while.  Maybe they'll be an upswing before its my turn to my STH badge in. Best of luck to you.  I'll make sure to curse you when I fire up my snowblower next winter!

11 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

LOL.  Relax.  Its just joJo ragging on Jets fans again. He's a man on a mission here.

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

You know what happens when you drop your STs... - Jets or otherwise.

The team will bounce back, go on a run and become a dynasty.

Would make me so ******* happy to see that.  Will be watching that all happen from my couch here in LA and when they head on the road to the playoffs/Super Bowl, I will be there.

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Then you used way too many words to just say I'm giving up my seats because I'm no longer in NY.

Do you ever not blame the victim?  Now it's his fault that you either didn't bother to read what he wrote or couldn't understand it even though it was in plain English and about 8 sentences long.  

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Would make me so ******* happy to see that.  Will be watching that all happen from my couch here in LA and when they head on the road to the playoffs/Super Bowl, I will be there.

I have STs with the Jets, Knicks and Rutgers Football.  Been a long sh*t show for all three.  One of them's got to hit pay dirt sometime soon. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Relax.  Its just joJo ragging on Jets fans again. He's a man on a mission here.

I'm a jets fan, not a fan of posters that constantly bash the team I love. I defend the jets when they go for it with Fitz and I'll defend the rebuild. I've been a jets fan for over 30 years. All the losing hasn't turned me into a hater like you. 

It's not like your constant jets bashing is productive or welcomed by many of us here either. 

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Do you ever not blame the victim?  Now it's his fault that you either didn't bother to read what he wrote or couldn't understand it even though it was in plain English and about 8 sentences long.  

The victim? Classic.

This team has going to two AFC championship games in the time many teams haven't gone to one. Now they're rebuilding. There is nothing to cry about and there are no victims. 

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The victim? Classic.

This team has going to two AFC championship games in the time many teams haven't gone to one. Now they're rebuilding. There is nothing to cry about and there are no victims. 

What about my second sentence?  Or could you not get that far?

6 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

You know what happens when you drop your STs... - Jets or otherwise.

The team will bounce back, go on a run and become a dynasty.

If that were truth I'd Drop my STs in a HEART BEAT if it meant the Jets would become a dynasty. Gas2No99 the Martyr!

Good riddance.

I feel the same way about ice cream.....uncanny!

Good riddance.

Good riddance? Seriously, GFY. The Jets are finally finally FINALLY looking to build a franchise the right way and you get your panties all in a bunch about how they are ripping you off. Wrong. Go root for someone else. Chasing mediocrity so you can feel good about your PSL purchase is completely irrelevant as is your butthurt that you cannot sell your tickets. Well they will be hard to get in a few years. Good riddance to you, enjoy the LA Rams.

29 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Sad part is I could see Mac drafting any of those four over Darnold next draft.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Good riddance? Seriously, GFY. The Jets are finally finally FINALLY looking to build a franchise the right way and you get your panties all in a bunch about how they are ripping you off. Wrong. Go root for someone else. Chasing mediocrity so you can feel good about your PSL purchase is completely irrelevant as is your butthurt that you cannot sell your tickets. Well they will be hard to get in a few years. Good riddance to you, enjoy the LA Rams.

; )

Enjoy your winters mate.

51 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Absolutely man.  I will always be a Jets fan and it's interesting how people who have never lived outside of NY/NJ seem to struggle with this overall concept.  It feels weird not having the tickets anymore as this was part of my family's identity for close to 30 years.  When my dad said he had had enough and no one stepped up to the plate, it was time to part ways.  A good gauge of how bad things are was when my brother in law, die hard Jets fan, passed on the offer to take over the family tickets (no PSL cost, just the ticket cost each year) multiple times.

It feels good to wash my hands (financially) of this disgusting, disgrace of a franchise.  In terms of my emotional loyalty to the team, the Jets will always hold a special place in my heart like that girlfriend with a crack problem who can't seem to get clean...she keeps going back to crack...keeps relapsing...but you still love her.

Cheers to freedom!

When the time is right you will buy Jets packages... You will

You will......

How do I know

Because the Jets like the South shall rise Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NFL football nfl jets new york jets GIF

Just now, SickJetFan said:

Can someone please tell me why ice cream doesn't melt anymore? And what new poison they have come up with to slowly kill us?

:blink: :unsure:

Probably because you're not consuming ACTUAL dairy. Ice cream melts, perhaps your ice cream is made with 

latest?cb=20130325185940

instead of milk. M-I-L-K. :P

Archived