It's Rex's fault the offense sucks

serphnx

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could not establish the run Sunday so we passed 44 times- we won the game what am I missing-

Agree. This thread doesn't make sense.

He says he likes to run when he can.

When they blitz, you pass.

-they blitzed.

-so he passed.

Sounds like this staff adjusts properly to the game.

I actually agree to a point with the OP, I don't think he should be fired or that he is even doing anything wrong the last 2 years for the most part, Sanchez could not be trusted, but I do believe he can be now, I think Rex needs to relieve the conservative approach, and focus on what is working against a specific team if they let you run it down there throats then run every play, if you are struggling running the ball and start to have success let the O keep doing what works. The reason why the Jets struggle in the begining of the games is Rex wants to establish the run, and extend that to the passing game, with these crap quick WR screen passes and 2 step 2 yard outs ect....

All you need to do is watch a team like the Pats, Packers, Saints, they establish a tempo mix in runs or passes what ever will work, there is no set ok were going to run the ball on this down, they go to the line dissect the situation and call the play that works for that situation. That's what Rex, Schotty, and Mark need to be working towards, you will never win a super bowl without this, barring an 85 Bears/2000 Ravens D, and we don't have that.

So in conclusion Rex needs to let Sanchez, Tone, Plax, Dustin, ect. breathe and be more aggresive, stop being stubborn because you WANT to run the ball, if its there great if not let the O get a rhythm with what works.

Wonder how would this board have reacted if we had LOST!

Yea right? I don't know what is going on on this board lately. It's almost like the majority of Jets fans don't know how to handle success. It seems it was easier to be comfortable with mediocrity and fighting about stupid crap like all time QB completion percenatges vs super bowl victories. I'd rather have the Jets we have now than the ones we had under Groh, Edwards and Mangini-even the teams we had with the great Parcells and Belichick-run defenses weren't this good.

Let me get this straight ...

Our QB, who is just starting his 3rd year in the league and has already won 4 road playoff games, sucks.

Our head coach, who is just starting HIS third year, and has already taken us to more championship games than any coach in our history, is fat, stupid, and too conservative.

Our 3rd year RB, who had a bad first game of the season, needs to be benched ... or given the ball more times, I can't figure out which.

The team just won it's opening game of the season on a very emotional night, in front of it's home crowd, in very exciting fashion, for one of the great regular season wins in the history of the franchise, AND it doesn't matter because our style of play will NEVER allow us to win A Super Bowl ... ever.

The stupidity on this board becomes more obvious, more abundant, and less tolerable with each passing day.

Yea right? I don't know what is going on on this board lately. It's almost like the majority of Jets fans don't know how to handle success. It seems it was easier to be comfortable with mediocrity and fighting about stupid crap like all time QB completion percenatges vs super bowl victories. I'd rather have the Jets we have now than the ones we had under Groh, Edwards and Mangini-even the teams we had with the great Parcells and Belichick-run defenses weren't this good.

Success is winning a championship, not eking out wins over the Pats in the playoffs. Success is being consistent and being considered an elite team in this league. Success is being the Packers or the Saints or the Patriots or the Colts with Peyton. That is success.

The amount of talent this team has, there is no excuse for it not to be mentioned among the league's elite. The reason they aren't is because of the inconsistency and the crappy offense, which is either on Sanchez, Schitty, Rex or a combination of any of them.

Jets fans are homers but will also justify anything. This team has been towards the bottom in most offensive categories for years. But fans are acting like we have the Saints out there.

We SHOULD be closer to the Saints than the Chiefs, but we aren't. If you're happy with that, then you're a loser. I root for SB wins.

Success is winning a championship, not eking out wins over the Pats in the playoffs. Success is being consistent and being considered an elite team in this league. Success is being the Packers or the Saints or the Patriots or the Colts with Peyton. That is success.

The amount of talent this team has, there is no excuse for it not to be mentioned among the league's elite. The reason they aren't is because of the inconsistency and the crappy offense, which is either on Sanchez, Schitty, Rex or a combination of any of them.

Jets fans are homers but will also justify anything. This team has been towards the bottom in most offensive categories for years. But fans are acting like we have the Saints out there.

We SHOULD be closer to the Saints than the Chiefs, but we aren't. If you're happy with that, then you're a loser. I root for SB wins.

Serphynx you need to come down off the ledge it was week 1 and we won. I do agree with your point we need to emulate success based on what the Packers, Saints, Colts, Pats, all have done and that is win SB's, but like I said its week 1 let Rex, Sanchez, and Schitty figure it out, atleast give them 4-6 weeks before you completly judge the O, im not saying your wrong, but im not saying your right, the jury is still out.

LMAO wow. I actually feel bad for you dude. It must suck to be so miserable about a team that is so close. Sanchez just had a 335 yd 2 TD game and we beat a good Cowboys team on 9/11 (which only added pressure). Im glad the optimism is still outweighing the pessimism, if only by a slight margin. If you honestly think that Sanchez, or ANY qb for that matter is going to throw the ball ******* 44 times and not make at least one mistake you are dreaming and what you are hoping for is NEVER going to happen so have fun being miserable. I'm gonna keep enjoying the awesome moments this team gives us.

aren't personal attacks frowned on here anymore?

Jets coach Rex Ryan said he intended to run the ball more in Sunday night's win over the Cowboys.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was constantly blitzing, leading to 44 Mark Sanchez pass attempts versus 16 running plays. "I don't want our numbers to ever be like that," Rex said. Look for Shonn Greene to push for something closer to 18 carries against the Jaguars on Sunday

http://www.rotoworld...e=212746&spln=1

Rex still thinks it's 1985. I can't blame Schitty (well, he does still suck) entirely, I place 80% of the blame on Rex for his 1985 offensive philosophy.

Rex would rather run Greene 18 times for 30 yards than have Sanchez pass for 300 yards and win a ******* game on offense.

We will never win an SB with Rex Ryan if he keeps this retarded philosophy. QBs and offense win SBs now. Heck we'll probably never get past the AFCC, there's always a good QB in that game.

Rex/Sanchez relationship is up next on ESPN Cowherd. Should be interesting, allegedly the relationship isn't as good as people think.

I dont understand this. Rex may have a 1985 style of offense but when he realizes he cant run the ball he lets his QB throw the football 44 times.

Whats the problem?

You can make your case. You can complain that the offense isn't elite. But when you say things like this, you lose credibility.

2010: 14th in points scored, 11th in total yards, 15th in first downs

2009: 24th in points, 20th in yards, 24th in first downs

2008: 12th in points, 16th in yards, 12th in first downs

The offense has been middle of the pack lately. It was down in Mark's rookie year, which is understandable, and was back up last year. After one week, the Jets are 12th in points, 16th in yards, 19th in first downs.

They definitely need to improve, but they're not towards the bottom in most offensive categories. When you couch this in complaints about the homers, you're really just categorizing yourself as a doom & gloomer. Which is fine. But with Mark under center, the offense showed a lot of improvement from his first into his second year, and I'm looking forward to seeing more improvement in his third.

If we don't see it, I hope they finally pull the plug on Schotty.

LOL Serphnx, you're a Jet fan, what the hell do you know about championships and what defines success. You can't look at other teams and say, oh the Jets should be like them. No, teams are built different. The Steelers, Saints and Packers are all assembled differently but each have won the last 3 SBs.

It's ridiculous that you call others homers simply because we don't subscribe to your "I hate my life and love to be miserable" POV.

You're on fire this week. Too funny.

What happened that made you turn on Sanchez so quick? Last year you were arguing he was a top 5 QB and now you want him to throw every down to see if he's worth keeping around so the Jets can decide if they need another QB?

:confused0085:

You can make your case. You can complain that the offense isn't elite. But when you say things like this, you lose credibility.

The offense has been middle of the pack lately. It was down in Mark's rookie year, which is understandable, and was back up last year. After one week, the Jets are 12th in points, 16th in yards, 19th in first downs.

They definitely need to improve, but they're not towards the bottom in most offensive categories. When you couch this in complaints about the homers, you're really just categorizing yourself as a doom & gloomer. Which is fine. But with Mark under center, the offense showed a lot of improvement from his first into his second year, and I'm looking forward to seeing more improvement in his third.

Just another case in point: You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

LOL Serphnx, you're a Jet fan, what the hell do you know about championships and what defines success. You can't look at other teams and say, oh the Jets should be like them. No, teams are built different. The Steelers, Saints and Packers are all assembled differently but each have won the last 3 SBs.

It's ridiculous that you call others homers simply because we don't subscribe to your "I hate my life and love to be miserable" POV.

Homers? Hell, he called me a loser

We have the least experienced QB of all the elite teams you mentioned, who I might add all have a QB that he himself is considered elite. All you are effectively doing is pointing out that Sanchez is young.

I do like how it went from Rex's fault, to now a smattering of all their fault. Solid argument.

Guess you can whine and stomp your feet all you want, but in the process try to contradict yourself less... You say you root for SB's then cry about us not being considered elite, because we don't have an arcade offense. Who cares if the talking heads "consider" us elite? The only times you see teams with offenses like that win it all is when they have defensive play at the same level.

Think it's clear I don't love Schotty, however he made good adjustments this past week. Its not lost on me that he could have the light go on, just like Sanchez. So I'm not gonna harp on him this season...

The reality here is sersphincter says he wants championships on one hand, then complains that we don't have a great offense like most of the league that doesn't win it all each year. Our offense should be better, we've been on the doorstep to the SB 2 straight years, the rest can be boiled down to watch the rest of the season... But, he doesn't care about all that, he'd rather take one soundbyte out of context and trump up a self-serving theory as a outlet for being miserable.

It's week 1, we won. Sheesh.

Well said, and the funny thing is those 3 teams probably couldn't all be built more differently than one another.

Well said, and the funny thing is those 3 teams probably couldn't all be built more differently than one another.

Thanks, and exactly.

In transcends eras as well. Look at the 4 dominant teams in the 1990s (Cowboys, Niners, Packers, and Broncos). All 4 of them were built different. The common denominator is the great QB, but all 4 were acquired differently and were at different stages of their career. Compare that to the 3 I mentioned previously. Only 2 of them (Packers and Saints) could be considered to have great QBs. I like Big Ben, but there's no way he can be considered great. Yet he wins a lot of games.

Again, there is no blueprint to a championship. The proof is in the W/L record.

Getting one game away from the SB two years in a row is closer to the Chiefs in your eyes? lol

You are looking very silly in this thread.

The interesting thing when you look at the stats from the AFC Championship game last year, it is clear that the reason the Jets didn't go to the Super Bowl was the passing

Sanchez 20/33 233 yards 2TD's 0 interceptions 102.2 QB rating

Big Ben 10/19 133 yards 2 interceptions 35.5 QB rating

Well maybe not so much

How about the running game

Jets 22 for 70

Pitts 43 for 166

It wasn't the passing game that kept the Jets from the Super Bowl. It was piss poor tackling in the 1st half. They got it together in the second half, but it was to little to late

Getting one game away from the SB two years in a row is closer to the Chiefs in your eyes? lol

You are looking very silly in this thread.

Lets not limit it to just this thread. Go back and read his stuff last year. Sanchez was a future HOF'er in his eyes.

Max, this one is screaming for negative rep. Help a brother out. PLEASE!!!

The interesting thing when you look at the stats from the AFC Championship game last year, it is clear that the reason the Jets didn't go to the Super Bowl was the passing

Sanchez 20/33 233 yards 2TD's 0 interceptions 102.2 QB rating

Big Ben 10/19 133 yards 2 interceptions 35.5 QB rating

Well maybe not so much

How about the running game

Jets 22 for 70

Pitts 43 for 166

It wasn't the passing game that kept the Jets from the Super Bowl. It was piss poor tackling in the 1st half. They got it together in the second half, but it was to little to late

Piss poor tackling and a moronic offensive play call that handed the Steelers 7 points in a 5 point victory.

Here are the Jets pass/run attempts since the Rex arrived

2009: Passed 393 times Ran 607 times

2010: Passed 525 times Ran 534 times

the Jets were WAY conservative and Ground and Pound in 09. Last year they opened it up. Some days they were great and some they stunk out the joint.

New England last year threw 507 times and ran 454. Pretty close to 50-50. It seems like alot more cause Brady just didn't miss last year.

To me the Jets offense is all about Sanchez and Schotty being on the same page and Schotty being able to see if Mark is struggling or not and making the adjustments.

Well I think this debate just came to an abrupt end. So long.

If I get banned, at least 4 people in this thread should go with me. It's just ridiculous. It's okay to disagree and say someone's post is bad, but several times here my intelligence is directly attacked, and this guy wants to focus on an off hand comment *I* made?

That's pathetic.

If I get banned, at least 4 people in this thread should go with me. It's just ridiculous. It's okay to disagree and say someone's post is bad, but several times here my intelligence is directly attacked, and this guy wants to focus on an off hand comment *I* made?

That's pathetic.

What 4 people? I'll put them on notice.

Archived