Brady to fans: "Start drinking early"

Jetsfan80

Tom Brady, when asked if he had a message for Pats fans before their home opener against the Chargers, responded by saying "start drinking early....get rowdy". A Patriots spokesman subsequently released a statement saying "stay hydrated, drink lot's of water, and drink responsibly." He is currently getting some laughs and a free pass from Trey Wingo and the other NFL Live analysts.

If Rex or Sanchez had said that, they'd get roasted by the media. Just sayin'.

F the PC police. What he said was 100% on target. I listened to the press conference and he said as it is 4 o'clock game the fans should be lubed up as they have plenty of time to get their drunk on! Didn't Rex make a similar comment last year?

Brady knows the NFL. Buzzing/drunk fans means a loud, rowdy crowd.

F the PC police. What he said was 100% on target. I listened to the press conference and he said as it is 4 o'clock game the fans should be lubed up as they have plenty of time to get their drunk on! Didn't Rex make a similar comment last year?

Brady knows the NFL. Buzzing/drunk fans means a loud, rowdy crowd.

I don't think using Brady, Rex, and lubed up, all together is very kosher.

They will be loud as it is the first home game of the season. How loud do you think the Jets fans will be on Sunday? It was loud Sunday night. Will there be a letdown for the Jags?

I don't have a problem with what Brady said. I have a problem with ESPN's reaction to it. Had Rex said the exact same thing, they would have crucified him for it. Kornheiser, Lebatard and Wingo would be hand wringing over it for days on end. You'd think Rex came into their house and kicked their dog.

Tom Brady, when asked if he had a message for Pats fans before their home opener against the Chargers, responded by saying "start drinking early....get rowdy". A Patriots spokesman subsequently released a statement saying "stay hydrated, drink lot's of water, and drink responsibly." He is currently getting some laughs and a free pass from Trey Wingo and the other NFL Live analysts.

If Rex or Sanchez had said that, they'd get roasted by the media. Just sayin'.

Does this surprise you?

I dont get why people get all worked up over the Pats being media darlings. Its been happening for years. It wont change, even after they are gone (BB/Brady). Face it folks, for the rest of your life, you'll be hearing about how BB/Brady are the greatest HC/QB combo ever. I makes me want to puke, I'd imagine its the same feeling all the Tebow haters have.

My advice, play into it. Have fun with it. Who cares? When we whip their a$$ again, it just like Bart Scott said, Poetic Justice.

I don't have a problem with what Brady said. I have a problem with ESPN's reaction to it. Had Rex said the exact same thing, they would have crucified him for it. Kornheiser, Lebatard and Wingo would be hand wringing over it for days on end. You'd think Rex came into their house and kicked their dog.

Exactly. I think it's a hilarious quote and having gone to Northeastern and knowing girls who've partied with him and his friends, he's apparently a pretty funny guy. I just don't like the double standard that a lot of these talking heads take, it's annoying.

Relax mate. If Rex had said the same thing the ESPNers would have been laughing.

Face it folks, for the rest of your life, you'll be hearing about how BB/Brady are the greatest HC/QB combo ever. I makes me want to puke, I'd imagine its the same feeling all the Tebow haters have.

At least BB/Brady are good.

PR 37-your defense just gave up over 400 passing yards to Chad Focking Henne

Jim

Approximately 200 yards of that was in the 4th quarter. The Pats let a rookie Dowling cover Marshall and experimented all evening with different DB grouping and coverages.

The DL got great pressure all night and Henne did a great job hanging in there making throws. Of course BB would like those passing numbers to come down.

The Jets are going to see a much different NE defense 10/9.

Jim

Approximately 200 yards of that was in the 4th quarter. The Pats let a rookie Dowling cover Marshall and experimented all evening with different DB grouping and coverages.

The DL got great pressure all night and Henne did a great job hanging in there making throws. Of course BB would like those passing numbers to come down.

The Jets are going to see a much different NE defense 10/9.

Meh, we've been hearing that for years now, and the Pats defense hasn't been anything close to what it once was since their last Super Bowl season, which is a big part of the reason that was their last one (well, that and Brady becoming not so clutch). I'll believe it when I actually see it happen and win or lose, watching their D get torn up by such an inept offense as Miami's shouldn't exactly be confidence-inspiring for you.

As far as the original topic of this thread, I honestly have no problem with anything Brady said, why would anyone? Hell, I probably agree with that more than anything that big douche has ever said before. So really, the point is that the media is fill with a bunch of biased douches? I'm pretty sure we've known that all along.

Its the same offensive line and the same Sanchez that whipped the snot out of the Patriots during the playoffs last year, remember?

The same NY OL that just struggled vs Dallas. The Ground and Pound looked like Bologna and Cheeze Wiz.. The same Sanchez that fumbles every game and throws INTs.

Romo gave the Jets the game. Remember?

Meh, we've been hearing that for years now, and the Pats defense hasn't been anything close to what it once was since their last Super Bowl season, which is a big part of the reason that was their last one (well, that and Brady becoming not so clutch). I'll believe it when I actually see it happen and win or lose, watching their D get torn up by such an inept offense as Miami's shouldn't exactly be confidence-inspiring for you.

NE will be able to get pressure on Sanchez with that porous Jets OL.

The question is will Sanchez be able to hang in there like Henne? How many fumbles and INTs will he produce. You know how careless he is with the football.

As far as the original topic of this thread, I honestly have no problem with anything Brady said, why would anyone? Hell, I probably agree with that more than anything that big douche has ever said before. So really, the point is that the media is fill with a bunch of biased douches? I'm pretty sure we've known that all along.

Brady shouldnt have said that.

It sounded like something Rex Ryan would say.

The same NY OL that just struggled vs Dallas. The Ground and Pound looked like Bologna and Cheeze Wiz.. The same Sanchez that fumbles every game and throws INTs.

Romo gave the Jets the game. Remember?

I'm not following you here. FIrst off, its week 1...and I personally dont put a lot of stock into season projections based on week 1. Last year, the Dolphags were at top of the AFCE after week 2, remember?

Fact - the Jets whipped the sh*t out of the Patriots in Foxborough in the playoffs last year w/ the same offensive line and the same Sanchez that started vs. the Cowboys. So whats changed?

NE will be able to get pressure on Sanchez with that porous Jets OL.

The question is will Sanchez be able to hang in there like Henne? How many fumbles and INTs will he produce. You know how careless he is with the football.

Brady shouldnt have said that.

It sounded like something Rex Ryan would say.

Are you serious with this? One rough game against the best pass rusher in the league and suddenly the Jets OL is porous? The line returns 4 of 5 starters from one of the league's best OLs last year, and starter #5 is the same guy who started late in the season and throughout the playoffs, including the Jets thrashing of your favorite team last time they met. I have a feeling they'll be just fine against the Pats' AARP defense who couldn't stop Chad freakin' Henne.

Archived