Bryan Thomas out for the season: MERGED

JonEJet

We're taking all our injuries in the areas we have the worst depth. OL and LB. Not even going to mention the other position where we've got no depth.

If Sanchez keeps on taking the kind of beating he's taken the first 4 weeks, it will be mentioned soon

I'm usualy as up-beat as possible, but I'm sorry, this is devastating to our entire defense. One of the best run stuffing LB's we've had over the years. And, as we all know, we're very thin @ OLB outside of Calvin Pace.

This is sad news for our defense, but, if we could last without Kris Jenkins during 2009 and last year with Pouha as a backup... Maybe Maybin steps up, but ugh...

This is harsh. BLT doesn't make flashy plays (obv), but he's one of a handful of OLBs in the league that can stand up a right tackle one-on-one. Rex is going to have to adjust the entire scheme to compensate for Maybin taking over the slot, assuming Westerman continues to suck.

Westerman played fine. I think he is fine as an everybody LB. I have been down on Thomas in the past (read since day 1) but he has really been having a nice year and he wasn't a guy I'd been complaining about for a few years. Platoon Westerman and Maybin on rush downs and don't worry about it. Can't Scott play outside some? They can do a little more 4-3.

Say what u want about BT but he's been solid for many years and it sucks that's done for the year. You can't be a fan of this team and be happy we lost this Guy. Yeah I wanted Ed Reed too, but whatever.

This is terrible terrible news. ****!

injuries happen they are part of the game..

giants lost-thomas/goff/austin/hixon

panthers-beason

chiefs-berry/jamal/moeaki

colts-manning

cowboys- all around cant seem to stay healthy

packers-nick collins

all we need to do is have people step up and make some plays, rex will get the best out of the people who fill in

I feel like talking draft picks for next year already. This really bad. He was playing lights out this year too. The offense is so putrid bad that a loss like BT to the defense is just devastating.

so do you think there will be any good RG's or RT's around 17-22 in next year's draft order. That's about where we'll pick after winning our 8 games this year. We also need to see what we have in Joe McKnight and Bilal Powell at the runninback position because Shonn Greene and his 3.1 YPC average ain't cutting the mustard

This is harsh. BLT doesn't make flashy plays (obv), but he's one of a handful of OLBs in the league that can stand up a right tackle one-on-one. Rex is going to have to adjust the entire scheme to compensate for Maybin taking over the slot, assuming Westerman continues to suck.

Westerman will start, but I think you'll see plenty of those two rotating in and out throughout games. I'm sure we'll also see one of the PS OLBs promoted and worked into the rotation as well.

Westerman will start, but I think you'll see plenty of those two rotating in and out throughout games. I'm sure we'll also see one of the PS OLBs promoted and worked into the rotation as well.

I don't think Maybin has it in him to play every down. He's strictly a 3rd down player at this point IMO. Maybe they can get some more out of him against the Pats because they are so pass heavy. Westerman played fine against the Ravens. I'm not worried about him getting time at all. Garrett McIntyre (#50) is on the active roster and has been all year, so he's the next in line. The other dudes are all ILBs. They have the guy from Texas, Eddie Jones (#99) at OLB. As reported by whatever version of 128 is posting now he was added to the practice squad last week along with some huge young TE out of Michigan Martell Webb.

Whoever takes over I hope they are ready to cover the TE, because Sunday will be extra long.

They probably will play Eric Smith at LB like they did against the Pats and Colts in the playoffs. Let Pool play the safety spot.

no worries. we knew long ago that safety pass rush and o-line were our positions of need. Oh, and we also needed the second best cornerback in the league, apparently. We have the NFL's best GM. I'm sure he has a contingency. After all, he had the foresight to sign Baxter for Mangold's backup. And Westerman...he's bound to be good real soon. And anyway if he isn't, the Gm has it covered...we got Maybin, now. so, we're good. You guys worry too much.

Archived