Jets Sign Ricky Sapp

SoFlaJets

Maybe they are thinking they can strike it twice in one season with another LB/DE prospect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo3oCN4W8Wo

Wasnt really impressed, especially with half of the video simply being him in what I could only assume is the greatest stare down of the fans in the stadium that I've ever seen created into a "highlight" reel.

I also didnt see him use his hands well and dip his shoulder to get around/through defenders. That may work in college But he seems very raw. hopefully it'll work out. I'd prefer Maybin on the field more often though. Westerman blows

Cody of Bleed-Green.com spoke with Eagles DE Ricky Sapp this afternoon amid reports that the second year man had quit the team. Sapp denies doing so and claims that frustration with a knee injury that he's battled since his senior year of college led to him "not practicing."

"I would never in my life just quit." He said "I’ve just been dealing with this knee for a long time and I bust my behind to get it back right and it just gives me more problems."

If any of this is true, I sounds like a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaach to me. Bum knee on a quitter just doesn't seem like the kinda guy you want around.

LB Ricky Sapp Tweets he’s on the Jets, Sources Say NO

Posted by Erik Manassy on Oct 26, 2011 in Player Tweets | 0

LB Ricky Sapp Tweets he’s on the Jets, Sources Say NO

Whoa, slow down…. Ricky Sapp, LB and former Eagle tweeted on his account that he signed with the Jets last night. Here’s the problem, a source says not only wasn’t he signed to the 53-man squad, he didn’t even make the Practice squad.

Sapp94 Fresh start…..dream big….live big #thankuGod 10/25/11 7:12 PM

Tomm_Rossi @Sapp94 congrats man, welcome to the jets. You on the active 53 right? 10/25/11 8:17 PM

Sapp94 @Tomm_Rossi not yet practice squad rite now 10/25/11 8:42 PM

TheJetsStream OLB Ricky Sapp (@Sapp94) says he’s headed to the Jets practice squad on his Twitter account. #nyj 10/25/11 8:52 PM

RichCimini Former Eagles LB Ricky Sapp (@Sapp94), who worked out today for Jets, tweeted that he has signed to #Jets practice squad. 10/25/11 8:54 PM

BrianCoz Source said Ricky Sapp has not been signed by #Jets. Seems to be a misunderstanding somewhere. 10/25/11 8:57 PM

BrianCoz Source said Sapp not even signed to practice squad 10/25/11 8:59 PM

I dunno. His vert and short-shuttle were pretty pedestrian IIRC. Did FO ever run SackSEER on him?

I dunno, but the projection wouldn't have been good as the production wasn't there. The obvious physical similarity to Maybin (4.65 40, 4.41 shuttle, 34 vertical at 6'4" 252 vs. 4.78/4.38/38 at 6'4" 249) makes the thought process fairly transparent. It makes enough sense. Rex loves generating pressure by sending defensive backs from outside the nines, and we're basically using Maybin as an oversized James Ihedigbo rather than as an undersized Jason Taylor. This lets him get by on straight-line speed and hustle in spite of the fact that he's got no size, no instincts, no first step, and no moves. Sapp is faster than Maybin but doesn't display the same palpable hustle so probably won't work out.

Cody of Bleed-Green.com spoke with Eagles DE Ricky Sapp this afternoon amid reports that the second year man had quit the team. Sapp denies doing so and claims that frustration with a knee injury that he's battled since his senior year of college led to him "not practicing."

"I would never in my life just quit." He said "I’ve just been dealing with this knee for a long time and I bust my behind to get it back right and it just gives me more problems."

If any of this is true, I sounds like a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaach to me. Bum knee on a quitter just doesn't seem like the kinda guy you want around.

It seems harsh to call him a quitter. You have no idea what he's gone through to get from that point to today. If the Jets are impressed on any level then he must have gotten himself into very good shape.

Archived